KASH2011

I-751 July 2015 Filers

776 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

On Saturday August 13, I received an envelop from USCIS with my new 10 year Permanent Green Card. I'm very happy and I cannot even believe this part of my journey is over. I honestly hope from the bottom of my heart that each one of you get approved soon.

I have already applied for naturalization based on the 3 year rule and have even completed the fingerprints. I'm waiting to be put in line for the interview but apparently there's a huge backlog in the Texas service center where Washington, DC, applications have to go to. So the wait begins all over again. Hopefully this time will be the last. What would normally be taking 4 months has been taking 8 to 10 months on average.

Thank you all for all your help and support. You guys were absolutely amazing.

Glad it came through! Congrats again and good luck with the Naturalization phase!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to update that I got my approval mail today and should receive my card in 60 days. My filing date was July 27, 2015. The approval letter came from local office and not Vermont Center.

At this point, after such long delay, I realize that news of any new approvals causes more despair than excitement for those whose cases are pending. Please try to look at the half glass full, like I tried to do, and tell yourself that at least it is not as bad as Kanye West's songs :goofy:

Congratulation!!!

My case last update was mail from USCSI after service request that my case is curently pending adjudictation and they are regreting that they are unable to provide competition date ???

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

Hi, congrats.

Which location and did your online status change?

I just wanted to update that I got my approval mail today and should receive my card in 60 days. My filing date was July 27, 2015. The approval letter came from local office and not Vermont Center.

At this point, after such long delay, I realize that news of any new approvals causes more despair than excitement for those whose cases are pending. Please try to look at the half glass full, like I tried to do, and tell yourself that at least it is not as bad as Kanye West's songs :goofy:

Also, did you try to get your passport stamped as well?

Filed: Timeline

Congratulation!!!

My case last update was mail from USCSI after service request that my case is curently pending adjudictation and they are regreting that they are unable to provide competition date ???

I received a service request response just like yours a month ago, and then my approval letter yesterday. That should give you an approximate idea of when to expect the approval letter!

Hi, congrats.

Which location and did your online status change?

Also, did you try to get your passport stamped as well?

My local office is NYC. My online status changed to card production.

I got my passport stamped a week before my extension was due to expire at the end of July. The officer was nice and stamped me a 1 year extension, which was a relief.

I received a service request response just like yours a month ago, and then my approval letter yesterday. That should give you an approximate idea of when to expect the approval letter!

I got my passport stamped a week before my extension was due to expire at the end of July. The officer was nice and stamped me a 1 year extension, which was a relief.

Lets hope that it will be a like that, anyway i will visit them for stamp in couple weeks bc my license is expiring by end of this month

Timeline

Hi, did you have a difficult time getting Infopass appointment for the NY Federal plaza location?

I understand that the I-751 extends your greencard for additional 1 year of the date on the card.......

Quick update: I reached out to my senator a couple of weeks ago and now I received a note from him. They were able to find out that I am in queue for an interview, which alone is already very annoying after the RFE. My husband and I filed jointly. But more annoying is that there are no interview dates available whatsoever, so they can't schedule anything for me. That seems absolutely incredible to me, what time frame are we talking about here, can this go on for months if not years? My I-551 stamp now extended my status until July 2017.

Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks.

Timeline

I submitted an e-request about my case and was told that the case is assigned to an officer.

I made several attempts for a local info pass appointment and finally got one so that I can get my passport stamped with I-551 (my extension was expiring soon)

I went to Federal Plaza for my info pass appointment and The officer gave me the same information as what I received on my e-request, nothing new.

I asked why there is such a delay? I was told that there has been a lot of backlogs for I-751 at this time and there has been a lot of people coming in to get their passports stamped. The reason could be that limited resources are being allocated to other cases (naturalization for the election, refugees, asylum, etc).

He informed me that I can show the I-551 to my employer. For traveling, I need passport with I-551, letter of extension, and expired green card.

I said thank you and left.

Quick update: I reached out to my senator a couple of weeks ago and now I received a note from him. They were able to find out that I am in queue for an interview, which alone is already very annoying after the RFE. My husband and I filed jointly. But more annoying is that there are no interview dates available whatsoever, so they can't schedule anything for me. That seems absolutely incredible to me, what time frame are we talking about here, can this go on for months if not years? My I-551 stamp now extended my status until July 2017.

Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I submitted an e-request about my case and was told that the case is assigned to an officer.

I made several attempts for a local info pass appointment and finally got one so that I can get my passport stamped with I-551 (my extension was expiring soon)

I went to Federal Plaza for my info pass appointment and The officer gave me the same information as what I received on my e-request, nothing new.

I asked why there is such a delay? I was told that there has been a lot of backlogs for I-751 at this time and there has been a lot of people coming in to get their passports stamped. The reason could be that limited resources are being allocated to other cases (naturalization for the election, refugees, asylum, etc).

He informed me that I can show the I-551 to my employer. For traveling, I need passport with I-551, letter of extension, and expired green card.

I said thank you and left.

I really can hear your frustration. I'm June 25 filer and still waiting. The biggest practical problem is with my job search. My old job is OK with my conditional green card, but among many reasons I quit the job to do school from May-August (one major reason being my status is still active with the school) now I'm done with school and need a new job. My old job is willing to take me back but I want to do something related to my area of specialty. I hope we get the green card soon. Since June last year I've seen how the process just got slower and slower.

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

Timeline

I didn't mention that I tried to get an infopass in another state and rented a car to get there.... $200 and 1.5 hours drive later, I was told that they do not serve customers from other states and I need to try to get an infopass in my jurisdiction.

I really can hear your frustration. I'm June 25 filer and still waiting. The biggest practical problem is with my job search. My old job is OK with my conditional green card, but among many reasons I quit the job to do school from May-August (one major reason being my status is still active with the school) now I'm done with school and need a new job. My old job is willing to take me back but I want to do something related to my area of specialty. I hope we get the green card soon. Since June last year I've seen how the process just got slower and slower.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

am finally approved. I just want to say thanks too the almighty God. I submitted my form 15 months ago and teven did interview 9 weeks ago. We were not separated and the IO was nice but said our income tax returns has small money on it. Told him am in school and getting to change my career path.

Thank goodness that I involved my senator . So proud of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

after responding to a RFE in June, we were invited to an interview which we had a couple days ago. I am not sure why we had to go, the only reason I could think of is that we don't have a joint bank account.

The guy that interviewed us did not ask us for specific documents he just said what additional documents did you bring that you didn't submit yet. So we gave him a couple of additional things, but nothing substantial. He only asked us very superficial questions e.g. where does your spouse work? where did you meet? The interview was short and he didn't really take time to really ask us a lot of questions, he didn't even ask why we don't have a joint bank account. I am wondering if that's a good or bad thing and I am still nervous. He said we will get mail within 120 days.

Does anybody know what to make of it? I feel nervous because he was rude and he might as well just decline our application.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.