705 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in confusion bczz last Tuesday the lady said to me you have to bring I864 and I864a for household form in interview but today I called the guy said you have to bring I864 to the interviewa and submit the I864a to the nvc that the system said here. Also he said nvc waiting for I864a only .. what should I do also I didn't get any email from nvc yet today's 20days

Edited by hardik03

Timeline

Today I asked for supervisor but the lady said why u want to talk after I said I didn't get checkliste email yet now 20days . After lady said I864A household member form send to nvc after she ask me coversheet use aos coversheet. And I864 one correction only that bring interview. What I gonna do 20days now no email . What I can do suggestions

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Today I asked for supervisor but the lady said why u want to talk after I said I didn't get checkliste email yet now 20days . After lady said I864A household member form send to nvc after she ask me coversheet use aos coversheet. And I864 one correction only that bring interview. What I gonna do 20days now no email . What I can do suggestions

Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes NVC emails go there by mistake

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes NVC emails go there by mistake

I know one person, he got the checklist after 5 weeks and it was written that your case is on-hold till we receive the required papers etc...

you are in a tough situation. all the best!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, please I need your help with this question.

I just had a baby 30th September 2015 and my case (F2A) was completed first week of October. Pd 29th August 2014. Issue now is how do I get a visa for my baby. My husband called NVC and the lady replied saying we can add her to the case (which means they will reopen my completed case ) and we have to pay another application fee.

The issue now is

does reopening the case have any effect on my priority date. Because I can't afford to be given a new pd.

Is it possible to get a visit visa for her at the time of my interview.

I have also heard about derivative visa. Is this the process that NVC is requesting?

thank you all for your urgent responses.

Timeline

I got this email today .. but I send everything on 20aug14 ... Step 3: Submit visa application form

Step 4: Collect financial documents

Step 5: Collect supporting documents

Step 6: Submit documents to the NVC

We included a Document Cover Sheet with this letter. When you send your financial and supporting

documents to us, please put the cover sheet on top of them.

After you complete the steps above, we will review the forms and documents you submit to us. If

something is missing or incorrect, we will tell you how to fix it. Otherwise, we will schedule your

case for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), INDIA

I think this is false checklist

Edited by hardik03

Timeline

I believe its false,

Call them and explain them these documents are already with them... Yes if they need Original then you have to dispatch them...

I got this email today .. but I send everything on 20aug14 ... Step 3: Submit visa application form
Step 4: Collect financial documents
Step 5: Collect supporting documents
Step 6: Submit documents to the NVC
We included a Document Cover Sheet with this letter. When you send your financial and supporting
documents to us, please put the cover sheet on top of them.
After you complete the steps above, we will review the forms and documents you submit to us. If
something is missing or incorrect, we will tell you how to fix it. Otherwise, we will schedule your
case for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MUMBAI (BOMBAY), INDIA

I think this is false checklist

Timeline

I believe its false,

Call them and explain them these documents are already with them... Yes if they need Original then you have to dispatch them...

But why they mentioned that otherwise we will secudule interview date etc

Timeline

Finally I got my checklist email last night in email they mentioned hat I don't have to submit correction or missing documents to nvc . Just send all correction or missing documents to principal applicant and he/she take to interview.

Timeline

Finally I got my checklist email last night in email they mentioned hat I don't have to submit correction or missing documents to nvc . Just send all correction or missing documents to principal applicant and he/she take to interview.

great, congratulations for your CC. :)

Timeline

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or

that need additional information. Please review the instructions on the attached pages.

The instructions will ask you to either:

 Send the missing or corrected items to the applicant so he or she can take them to the visa interview.

 Send the missing or corrected items to the National Visa Center (NVC) and include a copy of the

Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet. Clearly write your on the

upper right-hand corner of every document you send. After you email or mail the requested

information, allow us 30 days to review your response. When we complete our review, we will send

you information about the next processing step.

We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial

documents. We found that you didn't provide all the necessary supporting documents or you had

incomplete information or you missed some questions on the Affidavit of Support form(s).

On the attached Affidavit of Support checklist, we have put an "X" by each item you need to correct. Go

to the Department of State's website at http://nvc.state.gov/aosand follow the instructions for the

Affidavit of Support form(s). From there, you can fill out a new form, sign, and send the form(s) to the

NVC. We require an Affidavit of Support form for each case regardless of your income level.

Your case is on hold until you send us the items we need. When you return the documents and

completed Affidavit of Support form(s) to the NVC, please make sure that the documents are in the

correct order, as stated in the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this

letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar

code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the

address provided.

We reviewed your I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial

documents. While we will schedule your case for an interview, either your Affidavit of Support was

incomplete, some of your supporting documents were missing, or both. This could affect the Consular

Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.

On the attached Affidavit of Support Assessment Letter, we have put an "X" by each item you need to

correct. Go to the Department of State's website at http://nvc.state.gov/aosand follow the instructions for

the Affidavit of Support form(s).

If your Affidavit of Support form(s) needs correction:

 Fill out a new form(s) online.

 Print, sign and send the original form(s) to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the

visa interview. Do not send the updated form(s) to the NVC.

If we are missing required supporting documents:

 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa

interview. Do not send the documents to the NVC.

The NVC will send your case to the processing U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. Please make sure

that the documents you take to your interview are in the correct order and stapled together, as stated in

the I-864 Important Notice instructions.

Page 3:

Form I-864A: Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member

& Financial Evidence Checklist

Please review the instructions below then refer to the final page of this checklist for mailing

instructions.

[x] I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, Checklist

[x] We reviewed your financial evidence form and/or supporting documents. We found that the principal applicant's

Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member is missing. Please complete and submit Form

I-864A. You can download the form and instructions at htttp://www.uscis.gov/i-864a.

Page 4 :

Form I-864: Assessment Letter for __ME_______

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently reviewed your I-864 Affidavit of Support form. The

Affidavit of Support form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information or

was missing required supporting documents, or both.

Please review the instructions below to complete a new Affidavit of Support form or to obtain

the missing supporting documents. Send the corrected Affidavit of Support form or original

documents that are missing to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the

immigrant visa interview. You should also send photocopies of the Affidavit of Support form

to the principal applicant for each traveling family member to take to the visa interview.

Failure to take the original documents and copies for each traveling family member to the visa

interview can cause processing delays. The Consular Officer will review the corrected form

and documents at the time of the interview.

You do not need to contact the NVC at this time. Also, do not send an updated I-864 Affidavit

of Support form or documents to the NVC. After we schedule the immigrant visa interview, we

will send you an appointment letter.

If you need a new I-864 Affidavit of Support form, you can find it at uscis.gov/forms.

[x] In Part 5, Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following...

[x] Item 8. The household size must equal the sum of: Sponsor + traveling applicants + household members filled I864A

They give me two instruction which one I want to do ... Which form submit nvc or take to interview

Edited by hardik03

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.