JohnR!

Supreme Court saves Obamacare

73 posts in this topic

Negative you just proved my point, and you can't even see it.

Health Insurance is forced upon each person, and if you don't have it then you pay a fine.

There is no fine or forced coverage for Life, Home or Auto

There are huge fines for driving without insurance. It is mandated by State law. The only option is to not drive. You are so wrong it's laughable on that unless you don't drive. If you drive it's forced upon you via a ticket and substantial fine.

Very few people purchase a home outright so while it is not mandated the bank won't finance a home without it. Very weak point.

Ditto life insurance. You make a very weak point that it's not mandated.

Health insurance being mandated is not a violation of your Constitutional rights. Healthcare costs have always reflected the costs associated with the uninsured waiting to go to the ER and the associated costs of waiting too long to get medical help at the ER. At some point everyone needs medical care and universal health insurance will smooth out the overall costs for everyone in the end.

Sorry about your party losing the last two elections but them is the breaks.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

Scalia's jiggery pokery propaganda's damage is greatly misunderstimated and I'm glad the justices saw it for what it is.

Bravo on using Scalia's own dissent as the underlying proof saying: "the different parts of the law were interlocking pieces, each one necessary for the others to work".

Thank you justices for SCOTUScare.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: Timeline

twofacedscalia.jpg

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are huge fines for driving without insurance. It is mandated by State law. The only option is to not drive. You are so wrong it's laughable on that unless you don't drive. If you drive it's forced upon you via a ticket and substantial fine.

Very few people purchase a home outright so while it is not mandated the bank won't finance a home without it. Very weak point.

Ditto life insurance. You make a very weak point that it's not mandated.

Health insurance being mandated is not a violation of your Constitutional rights. Healthcare costs have always reflected the costs associated with the uninsured waiting to go to the ER and the associated costs of waiting too long to get medical help at the ER. At some point everyone needs medical care and universal health insurance will smooth out the overall costs for everyone in the end.

Sorry about your party losing the last two elections but them is the breaks.

You can drive all you want in USA and not have to pay for Insurance. Ever heard of company car, or driving someone else vehicle?

Home Insurance - So you think everyone in the USA pays HomeOWners Insurance? Last time I checked usually a family lived in a house, and then a lot of people live in apartments or rentals and never pay HomeOwners.

Life Insurance - Lots of people don't have it

So back to Obamacare - Forced upon everyone..... If you like being told what to do then you have became just another sheep following the herd. but seeing you come for the left coast and I would consider you a typical west coast yankee. Then no surprise.........

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In a company car, the company pays for insurance. Similarly to health care benefits through your employer.

When you drive someone else's vehicle you must either have insurance yourself or the owner of the vehicle must pay insurance for you.

The problem is not with your comparisons - they are germane. The issue is that your conclusions are still way off.

You can drive all you want in USA and not have to pay for Insurance. Ever heard of company car, or driving someone else vehicle?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In a company car, the company pays for insurance. Similarly to health care benefits through your employer.

When you drive someone else's vehicle you must either have insurance yourself or the owner of the vehicle must pay insurance for you.

The problem is not with your comparisons - they are germane. The issue is that your conclusions are still way off.

And once again proving my Point

VOL 3

JohnR! 0

Ready4one 0

Carlos.... 0

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't dispute your point for a NY minute. There are many like you who believe someone else should pay for their health care. I understand how the SCOTUS ruling might be upsetting. Others before you have been in the same situation with desegregation and civil rights. Eventually you'll get over it.

And once again proving my Point

VOL 3
JohnR! 0
Ready4one 0
Carlos.... 0

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think the big point here is the fact that SCOTUS, and specifically CJ J Roberts essentially put on his legislator hat and re-wrote the bill that he basically said was a piece of ####### (I guess Nancy P. Should have read it first). Whether or not the ACA is good for the country was not the debate, if the law was wrong, it is SCOTUS's job to send it back to the congress to fix it, not fix it themselves. All-in-all, this shows that the only direct connection the people have to the federal government (congress) has been taken out of the system of checks and balances moving us toward a dictatorship.

As to insurance, the WSJ had an article showing many middle Americans who used to maintain a catastrophic health insurance plan to cover major issues at a lower cost have now dropped out of the market paying cash when necessary, and hoping they don't get sick because they cannot afford the plans on the ACA making the term "affordable" dubious at best. It is true, the health care system here is broken primarily due to the fact that no one really knows what they are paying, but the ACA doesn't really seem to fix that, and if there are still a great many people without health insurance (approximately 40 million).

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not a fan of how the whole health care thing ended up being put together, but I think this decision was the right one. Very disappointed on Scalia being two faced - railing about an activist court on the gay marriage decision than voting with the activists here..

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Not a fan of how the whole health care thing ended up being put together, but I think this decision was the right one. Very disappointed on Scalia being two faced - railing about an activist court on the gay marriage decision than voting with the activists here..

Actually, I think that was Roberts, not Scalia, that introduced that hypocrisy on the two decisions.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!