templinc

Special Characters on i-129

10 posts in this topic

I'm starting to fill out my i-129f. Due to my incredibly terrible hand writing, I'm filling in the application on my computer. My Fiancee's last name is Calderón but Adobe Reader won't let me add a special character. Are they picky about that? Will it be ok if I just type it as Calderon? I understand that I need to include a cover letter explaining that she uses her mothers name, Morales, as well, but that I will only be using Calderón on the application.

Also, the address box is no where big enough to put in her address, even if I were to write it. Is there a way to add it on a separate attached document? Same for box 34.a. where we need to describe the circumstances around our meeting.

K-1 Timeline

See timeline here.

AOS Timeline

1/29/16 - Sent packet

2/12/16 - NOA-1 received

3/11/16 - Biometrics appointment at Las Vegas office

4/18/16 - Approval

4/23/16 - Conditional green cards arrive

ROC Timeline

1/13/18 - Sent packet

1/22/18 - NOA-1 received dated 1/18/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Type "Calderon", print out the thing and add the accent by hand.

We did a similar thing when the checkmarks did not appear on the print-out. Just add them by hand.

So, it's always worth checking the print-out: All checkmarks were visible on the file, but vanished during printing ... Mac ...

And as for the small size of the boxes for address and meeting circumstances?

K-1 Timeline

See timeline here.

AOS Timeline

1/29/16 - Sent packet

2/12/16 - NOA-1 received

4/18/16 - Approval

ROC Timeline

1/13/18 - Sent packet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm starting to fill out my i-129f. Due to my incredibly terrible hand writing, I'm filling in the application on my computer. My Fiancee's last name is Calderón but Adobe Reader won't let me add a special character. Are they picky about that? Will it be ok if I just type it as Calderon?

Sure, and you can add the highlight by hand.

I understand that I need to include a cover letter explaining that she uses her mothers name, Morales, as well, but that I will only be using Calderón on the application.

Use only the one on her passport, which should also be the one on her BC.

Also, the address box is no where big enough to put in her address, even if I were to write it. Is there a way to add it on a separate attached document?

Yes, type in See Address Attachment and then title that attachment the same.

Same for box 34.a. where we need to describe the circumstances around our meeting.

They want your meeting in person within the last two years. Two sentences are all it takes. We met in person in City, Country from Date 1 to Date 2.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Thanks D.Ba and baron555

K-1 Timeline

See timeline here.

AOS Timeline

1/29/16 - Sent packet

2/12/16 - NOA-1 received

4/18/16 - Approval

ROC Timeline

1/13/18 - Sent packet

Can I put "Calderon Morales" as her last name since she uses both her father's and mother's last names and they both show on her passport?

Edited by templinc

K-1 Timeline

See timeline here.

AOS Timeline

1/29/16 - Sent packet

2/12/16 - NOA-1 received

4/18/16 - Approval

ROC Timeline

1/13/18 - Sent packet

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm starting to fill out my i-129f. Due to my incredibly terrible hand writing, I'm filling in the application on my computer. My Fiancee's last name is Calderón but Adobe Reader won't let me add a special character. Are they picky about that? Will it be ok if I just type it as Calderon? I understand that I need to include a cover letter explaining that she uses her mothers name, Morales, as well, but that I will only be using Calderón on the application.

Also, the address box is no where big enough to put in her address, even if I were to write it. Is there a way to add it on a separate attached document? Same for box 34.a. where we need to describe the circumstances around our meeting.

All forms are to be completed in English only, special characters are not acceptable.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can I put "Calderon Morales" as her last name since she uses both her father's and mother's last names and they both show on her passport?

Yes. If she has 2 last names, then use them both.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!!!

K-1 Timeline

See timeline here.

AOS Timeline

1/29/16 - Sent packet

2/12/16 - NOA-1 received

4/18/16 - Approval

ROC Timeline

1/13/18 - Sent packet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You should write it as it says in her passport yes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.