ctaveras

Vaccination Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancee lost all records of previous vaccinations and I want to know what vaccinations are required? I know she does not need them for the interview but I am wondering if it would be better to take them in Ukraine before she comes.

Can someone give me a list of the basic vaccinations required? Can she have them done at the medical examination place before the interview?

Thanks,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The doctor assigned to do the med exam calls the shots on what vaccinations are required. Prior records help the doctor but are not essential. So if you can't get them, don't worry as it is not a big problem.

Many shots are not age appropriate or not correct for the specific time of year, so the list you see can be quite extensive, but many if not most get taken off the list for one reason or another. Most of us are down to somewhere between 2 and 4 shots once the smoke clears.

You are correct that you don't need them until you apply for AOS here in the United States, but they are usually a lot cheaper in your home country than they are in the USA, and I am talking as little as 1/10 of the USA price. So unless there is something like super good health insurance that will pay for your shots while in the USA, you are almost always better financially getting them done in your home country.

Edited by Al422

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

*On December 14, 2009, the human papillomavirus (HPV) and zoster vaccines were removed from the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants. All other vaccinations on this list remain.

Any future vaccines recommended by ACIP for the general U.S. public will be subject to the new vaccination criteria. If the recommended vaccines fit the new criteria, they will be added to the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Vaccinations are not required for a K-1 visa, but they are required for AOS later. However, it is better to get all the required vaccinations before or at the time of the K-1 medical so you can have them marked off on the DS-3025. It can be an expensive hassle to get them in the US and find a civil surgeon that won't overcharge you and/or ask you to get another medical you do not need.

All of those vaccinations posted above are not required. They are given based on age, your illness history and season. These are the ones actually required by age > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had chickenpox), and flu shot(only during flu season). See this post for more details > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Vaccinations are not required for a K-1 visa, but they are required for AOS later. However, it is better to get all the required vaccinations before or at the time of the K-1 medical so you can have them marked off on the DS-3025. It can be an expensive hassle to get them in the US and find a civil surgeon that won't overcharge you and/or ask you to get another medical you do not need.

All of those vaccinations posted above are not required. They are given based on age, your illness history and season. These are the ones actually required by age > http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(unless you had chickenpox), and flu shot(only during flu season). See this post for more details > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

If the doctors do their job properly (some cut corners) they will test you for antibodies for the vaccines you can't prove you have, if the test show you have antibodies you won't need the vaccine if you don't you'll get the vaccine. Getting the vaccine now during your medical will most likely be waaaaay cheaper than getting them in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@ctaveras

The aforementioned points are correct! AdditionalIy, I recommend you to take a look at your country specific information for the Ukraine:

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/KEV%20-%20Kiev.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.