Volta-Region

Urgent! Was was denied visa in Ghana today

219 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to my husband yesterday. He was died and I got a 221g. It's truly a waste of our time. More waiting. It's really so annoying. It was a black lady who did the interview. I met my husband on a vacation trip. I have friends there that I went to school with in the states. Just met him on the beach. So when she asked how we met, he told her. She was asking question like it's not normal for ladies to travel alone. I sent some items to my hubby's nieces and she saw coloring books on some of the slips I submitted. She was why would I be sending those types of things. She asked about our wedding photo. We had a church wedding and we did a wedding dance at the end. She ask why we were dancing in church it seems odd. She ask a lot of questions about my ex and my child. Then said that it all just doesn't make sense to her and it seemed like a contract marraige. She did very littel questioning and made a lot of ignorant statements. My husband said the lady was very unprofessional and during the interview she was doing something under her desk and mumbling something. At one one point he asked her is she was talking to him. I have no idea what is going on at the US Embassy in Ghana, but they really need to get it together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I feel your pain. The same exact thing happened to my husband yesterday. He was died and I got a 221g. It's truly a waste of our time. More waiting. It's really so annoying. It was a black lady who did the interview. I met my husband on a vacation trip. I have friends there that I went to school with in the states. Just met him on the beach. So when she asked how we met, he told her. She was asking question like it's not normal for ladies to travel alone. I sent some items to my hubby's nieces and she saw coloring books on some of the slips I submitted. She was why would I be sending those types of things. She asked about our wedding photo. We had a church wedding and we did a wedding dance at the end. She ask why we were dancing in church it seems odd. She ask a lot of questions about my ex and my child. Then said that it all just doesn't make sense to her and it seemed like a contract marraige. She did very littel questioning and made a lot of ignorant statements. My husband said the lady was very unprofessional and during the interview she was doing something under her desk and mumbling something. At one one point he asked her is she was talking to him. I have no idea what is going on at the US Embassy in Ghana, but they really need to get it together.

Not normal for ladies to travel alone ? Seriously ? Odd that you danced in church ? OMG. Can't send coloring books ? Wow.

Another loopy CO. You guys ALL need to file a complaint through your senators.

Ghana is getting nuttier than a fruit cake. This is all too outrageous for me to even compute, though our first CO was a nightmare too.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Yes, when the ambassador left he should have taken those moody COs with him. I plan on contacting my reps, senatators and writing a letter to the White House. It really make no sense for federal workers, who are funded with tax payer dollars to be behaving this way. No one else would be able to keep their position behaving like they do.

Timeline

I hope you don't mind me printing out yours and other experiences so I can reach out to elected officials. These outrageous incidents need to be exposed! I instructed my wife not to sit there and be robotic but rebuff any nonsense they spew at her during her interview. We have a 9month old who lives in Gh as well and so if she's gonna sit there like a tree and take some nonsense that her marriage is not real, then it's on her. They would expect our spouses to start screaming In their faces to get the message across. How dare they after all those evidence presented sit there and insult your marriage as fake and you just walk out of there quiet? Sometimes our polite culture fail us I tell you. Ghana wake up and start confronting these tools!

Married: 2013: 2013-12-28

USCISI-130 sent: 2014-10-30(Nebraska)

I-130 NO1: 2014-11-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01

USCIS mailed: 2015-04-10

NVC RECEIVED :2015-04-16

Case # Assigned: 2015-04-22

Received DS-261: 2015-04-22

Submitted Ds-261: 2015-04-22

AOS Bill Invoiced: 2015-04-23

AOS Bill Paid: 2015-04-23

Submit AOS and IV packages: 2015-04-25

Scan dates for both packages: 2015-04-27

Ds-261 Reviewed over the phone: 2015-05-01 (9 days after submission)

IV Bill invoiced: 2015-05-04

IV Bill paid: 2015-05-08

AOS checklist received by NVC: 2015-06-19

IV Bill online paid again:: double payment but will get me through ds-260 ( email request for refund will be sent soon) 2015-06-21

IV Bill shows as paid: 2015-06-23

IV Application DS-260 FINALLY SUBMITTED: 2015-06-24

(I guess scan date is 2015-06-24)Hopefully, a shorter wait to case complete.

CASE COMPLETE !!! August 5th 2015

Interview date ***finally. November 10th, 2015

Interview Results: APPROVED! Less than 5 minutes. Glory to God.

POE: .....JFK

Timeline

I was also denied my visa to join my wife by that same CO on jan 15 this year after i submitted to her plenty of evidence she requested she ends up denying me and saying she didnt believe how we fell inlove wit each other so quick so sheis returning my case back to the USCIS and even last week she denied a friend of mine too his visa join his wife too...So its like she has already made up her mind not to be approving visa to Ghanaians..something really have to be done about this unfairly treatment to Ghanaians by this CO

If this is the so called 'blonde CO in Ghana' who denies everyone indiscriminantly, then I am pleading with this community to help us do something about it. Someone posted the same exact situation a couple of weeks ago and so it seems that she's just up to something at the embassy. This is unfair to many who have waited sometimes for years to get to that point, only to get an undetailed simple denial and snarky response. This is unfair, rude and unprofessional of her and something must be done about it!!!! I'm so upset that you went through this bro. Smh the other person also had two kids and similar evidence. I'm so sickened by her alleged attitude and professionalism!

Timeline

I was also denied my visa to join my wife by that same CO on jan 15 this year after i submitted to her plenty of evidence she requested she ends up denying me and saying she didnt believe how we fell inlove wit each other so quick so sheis returning my case back to the USCIS and even last week she denied a friend of mine too his visa join his wife too...So its like she has already made up her mind not to be approving visa to Ghanaians..something really have to be done about this unfairly treatment to Ghanaians by this CO

So what did you do? or What are you doing about the situation.

Timeline

UPdate!!

1. My wife called the U.S citizen service (USCS) division of the embassy and told them everything that happened. The lady gave my wife the USCS email to give to me to detail everything that happened and send it to them, which i have done and included a lot of the evidence we gave. I also stated that she asked for DNA test on my American citizen children but did not explained to us how to go about doing one, or put our case on AP to give us time to do it. She just said she's done with our case and got up and left. I am not sure what will come out of this but at least its better than not doing anything.

2. I contacted my senator office.

I was given his immigration service coordinator's email and told to detail everything the lady said. Also to include all evidence. They said the Senator will review it and send the appropriate email to the consular general in Accra.

Anything else I can or should do? any advice helps. thank you.

Timeline

Im waiting for the case worker at my senators office she will be in tommorow so I can let them know of my dealing with this co and how I'm made to wait for no reason in ap because of this co we have been in ap since September 2014, I've been to Ghana three times and am planning a fourth trip because I miss my husband because of this idot!

Timeline

OMG...The black lady CO is just crazy. We had her as well and we were denied the K-1. She asked me why did I ever come to Ghana in the first place, I volunteered. She said it doesn't make sense me coming to Ghana. I have friends there and she just wanted to say ugly things to me. I was floored at the entire experience. It seems like we had the same interview. It's the most messed up Embassy. This woman is off her rocker!!! Yes something needs to be done. I am getting ready to file the I-130 and if we have her again interview time, I just don't know what we would do!!

I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Edited by LoveinGhana!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

Im waiting for the case worker at my senators office she will be in tommorow so I can let them know of my dealing with this co and how I'm made to wait for no reason in ap because of this co we have been in ap since September 2014, I've been to Ghana three times and am planning a fourth trip because I miss my husband because of this idot!

Amen to that!! The CO actually asked me why I came so many times to see my Fiancé...now husband. It's just sad the entire thing. I had been 3 times in 11 months and she really had the balls to ask why? Frustration I tell you!!!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

I hope you don't mind me printing out yours and other experiences so I can reach out to elected officials. These outrageous incidents need to be exposed! I instructed my wife not to sit there and be robotic but rebuff any nonsense they spew at her during her interview. We have a 9month old who lives in Gh as well and so if she's gonna sit there like a tree and take some nonsense that her marriage is not real, then it's on her. They would expect our spouses to start screaming In their faces to get the message across. How dare they after all those evidence presented sit there and insult your marriage as fake and you just walk out of there quiet? Sometimes our polite culture fail us I tell you. Ghana wake up and start confronting these tools!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

NVC:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

I don't mind if it helps. Fell free. I typed the first response on my phone, so it's racked with crazy typos!

Timeline

Amen to that!! The CO actually asked me why I came so many times to see my Fiancé...now husband. It's just sad the entire thing. I had been 3 times in 11 months and she really had the balls to ask why? Frustration I tell you!!!

My CO asked me the same thing. I applied for a K1 visa first and was denied. I had already purchased a dress, deocrations, shoes, etc. So we just moved the wedding to Ghana since we were going to be married regardless. She she said she just didn't understand why I would spend 3 years trying to get my husband to the be with me. Good luck with the I-130. I pray it goes better than mines.

Timeline

My husband sent me this article. So I guess the head of the COs is Franz Seitz.

http://yfmghana.com/news/we-arent-ripping-ghanaians-off-%E2%80%93-us-embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.