Mr. Big Dog

NRA board member blames pastor for Charleston deaths

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You should seek professional help to address that rape whistle issue of yours.

sick2.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120325/ARTICLES/120329781/1112

Sheriff: Man kicks in church side door, points shotgun

As they are before most worship services, the doors of Boiling Springs' South Side Freewill Baptist Church were open on Sunday morning.

Rev. Henry Guyton, pastor of the church, said Jesse Gates, who has attended worship services at the church on Upper Valley Falls Road as recently as Wednesday, came to the door about 10 a.m. on Sunday.

He came in before the service and acted like he was having a heart attack, Guyton, 71, said. He asked us to call Channel 7 news. I called 911 instead.

Sheriff Chuck Wright said deputies and Spartanburg EMS arrived, and checked out Gates, and Gates left.

About 11:20 a.m., Jesse Gates returned to the church. The Rev. Guyton's grandson, Aaron Guyton, 26, was in the recreation building separate from the church and saw Gates get a shotgun from the trunk of his car.

At that point, I knew I had to do something, Aaron Guyton said. I wanted to try to contain him outside.

Aaron Guyton went into the main building and locked the doors.

Henry Guyton said he was in the pulpit, preaching about how Jesus spoke the word of God and healed the sick, when Gates kicked open the side door of the sanctuary and entered with the shotgun, pointing it at the pastor and congregation.

Church members, including Aaron Guyton, a concealed weapons permit holder, acted quickly.

Aaron Guyton held Gates at gunpoint, as church members Jesse Smith and Leland Powers held him on the floor and waited for deputies to arrive. The Rev. Guyton said he stepped onto a chair, climbed down a 3-foot bannister surrounding the pulpit and took the shotgun from Jesse Gates.

Imagine that! A gun deterred a crime without a shot being fired. This can't be possible.

Statistics show that most Pastor's grandsons have their own gun used against them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You seek empathy where there is none to be afforded.

Can it with the rape whistle stuff. Statistically, there are many, many people on VJ who have experienced sexual violence. This kind of flippant BS is frankly insulting.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Sousuke, I appreciate your honesty and common sense approach to gun ownership! If we had more gun owners with the same common sense approach as you have, there would probably be a lot fewer deaths caused by guns in this country.

:thumbs:

You forgot to mention me.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You seek empathy where there is none to be afforded.

True dat. Shame used to be a powerful weapon but there's so little of it to go around these days.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question. If the US has the highest ownership of firearms in the free world and have the largest amount of gun deaths in the free world, what would more guns solve?

It would pull Colt firearms out of bankruptcy

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I understand he reloaded 5 times .Studies have shown the mass shooters end the rampage when engaged by another firearm. . As it stands the pastor was for the law banning guns in church.

Do we have these studies?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

f129f0aa55e6e9319249dc0f314bf66a.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

f129f0aa55e6e9319249dc0f314bf66a.jpg

A member has shared her issue with this and you still post it. What a class act...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

When I was a young boy, almost every home I visited had an unlocked gun cabinet. In high school, most guys had a rifle in their truck. Kids brought guns to school for show and tell. Oddly enough we never had any shootings.

So what has changed. Guns are more restricted but we have more gun violance

What's changed. Hint for slow people. It isn't the guns