TravisandHang

A couple of questions for after arrival to the states. Green card/change of address

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My wife finally made it it the US with her cr1 visa. That was in April, We still have not received her green card. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the green card? Also week just moved last week do we need to let the nvc know that we moved and where we can do that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Typically just a few weeks. And yea let everyone know you changed your address. The government does not allow forwarded mail of their documents, so make sure it's changed or the green card is going to get mailed back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what address was stored in ELIS?

what status do you have at ELIS?

USPS never forward postal mail from USCIS, there's an admonishment printed on the outside of the letter to NOT forward.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

OK.

OK.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

What news of SSN card arrival?

What news of SSN card arrival?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

So my case number keeps showing up as invalid when I try to create an on the USCIS website?!? Should I call USCIS?

She already received her ssn

/card

Timeline

huh?

you have a log in at the ELIS website - what's the ELIS status?

Timeline

We never created a ELIS account. I just tried to create one but or receipt number is coming up invalid

*our

After our point of entry was there a form or something we needed to file that we missed?

~~moved to general immigration with other like topics from IR1/CR1 process and procedures as OP's wife is already in the USA~~

You need to check your ELIS status. Did you pay the immigrant fee on the ELIS website? https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov/cislogin/

Typically just a few weeks. And yea let everyone know you changed your address. The government does not allow forwarded mail of their documents, so make sure it's changed or the green card is going to get mailed back.

Typically it takes 1-3 months from POE or from payment of ELIS, whichever is later. However currently it's taking 2-4 months.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We never created a ELIS account. I just tried to create one but or receipt number is coming up invalid

*our

After our point of entry was there a form or something we needed to file that we missed?

ok -

so - without an ELIS account,

you were not successful in paying the 165 dollar Immigrant Visa fee online,

and have no ELIS status.

Not pay the fee? Not get in the queue to have a green card issued. Sorry.

Most people have issues with the Alien Registration Number - the common munge is to

pad the Alien Registration Number with a zero - ie

A12345678

becomes

A012345678

and try again, online. Report Back, when able?

*our

No you need to create an ELIS account as per Darnell's instructions.

Your A# is the registration number on the Visa

You also need the DOS number which is also on the visa (your NVC case number.)

If she has been here 2-3 weeks and hasnt' gotten an SSN in the mail then go the local SSA office the provides them with an application to get one. Darnell has an SSN how to in the SSN forum. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

The dos case number is the same as the IV case number on the vise?

YES

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all

Two week before we arrived US on family immigration, and we got the social security card also, Now our address is changed so how can I changed my new mailing address for green card. Today I update my profile at https://elis.uscis.dhs.govwith new US address. Is this enough or I have to go this site to https://egov.uscis.gov for new address. Thanks and Regards

FB-3 Visa
I-130 NOA1 : 2003-10-04
I-130 Approved : 2011-03-22
NVC Received : 2014-01-29
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-05-13
Submit DS-261 : 2014-05-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-01-29
Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-11
Send IV Package : 2014-10-09
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-01-02
Case Completed at NVC : 2014-12-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-02
Interview Date : 2015-02-25

VISA ISSUED : 2015-02-26

Green Card Fee (USCIS ElIS) : 2015-03-08

Entry US 2015-06-06

Social Security Card 2015-06-09

Green Card 2015-07-06

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.