17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

My spouse was brought to the U.S. illegally when he was a child.... We hired a lawyer and he went back to Mexico in August of 2014 to ask for forgiveness in hopes of receiving a green card and/or citizenship. He has yet to hear ANYTHING, and every time he checks his status, all it says is "still processing".

How long will this last? It's almost been a year. My daughter and I miss him terribly!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The process is usually you file for the spousal visa (roughly a year) and then after a denial is obtained then you can apply for a hardship waiver (5-7 months or so) showing extreme hardship to the USC including reasons why you could not move to his home with him. USC children are often not a good enough reason for the waiver.

Was DACA not an option for him?

Edited by Transborderwife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Also wondering why he did not DACAbilly, criminal history, was he deported?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

What is DACA? No, he was not deported; he went willingly in hopes of gaining eventual citizenship. My spouse had submitted all needed paperwork and his lawyer said he was ready to cross to Mexico.

We had already provided evidence of extreme hardship as well. Mostly on my part because I suffer from depression and anxiety.

Edited by Julianne0407

Timeline

The normal route if you qualify for DACA is to get AP so you can travel come back and adjust.

Otherwise you file the I 130, leave to go to the interview, then file the waiver with about a 5 months wait.

Sort of surprised you have not heard of DACA, mini form of amnesty Obama brought in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He may not have, why did he leave before the interview date?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

so when was the i601 waiver and the hardship letter filed. when did you or your husband send the waiver? I imagine that he qualified to file for the waiver and you did the hardship letter?

Timeline

The Lawyer presumably put the pack together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from Bringing Family to Waivers forum, as this seems to be the hold up ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

What does the Lawyer say,after all normal processing is c 5 months.

Timeline

Last August is 10 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.