Harlene

Fiance Visa K1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Day! Does anyone here who is a Filipina like me and was able successfuly married already to an American man? Please I need some of your answers and good advices for me. I want to help my future husband and this is the best way that I can only do is to keep asking and collecting more answers and advices.

While my future husband cannot file a petition yet for a Fiance Visa K1 because according to some married couple already here is we need us to meet each other personaly and that he need to come first here to Philippines and take some photos together as a proof of meeting in person and that is one of the major requirements to file the petition of K1 right? Or maybe he can file it already even we did not meet yet in personal?? Since we can submit some of our private conversation through emails and the other application that wr use to message and call everyday also.

While I am waiting for him to come and arrive here in the Philippines this July or August do I need to do something here in the Philippines while waiting for him? Can anyone help me here and give me a specific answers or an instruction or documents requirements for me to do so? Like for example im still waiting for him to come can it be possible for me already to start to get my cenomar our marriage license and so on i dont know what else?? About the medical also that I have read that it made them wait more longer because one Filipina has a tubercolosis or what so ever of illness that need to be treated though I am a healthy woman with no any medications or illness still if it is possible for me to have it in advance?? So that it can never be an hindrance for both of us. Also what are the fees and expenses.

Please please please can anyone help me here. I can read and understand some of the guidelines but if possible I just want the summarize of everything or an specific for me what and which I need to do because im having a little bit headache and my eyes hurts trying to read a lot of guidelines and that i do only have a local small phone which makes me hard to do so. So please help me anyone here and I will owe it to you. I

I hope there is a Filipina woman here like me who were able to married and American Man so that as same as my situation that soon I will get married to an American man. Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You have to have met each other at least once in the last 2 years. You can't start the process now without proof of actually having met.

The medical is only valid for a certain amount of time (normally 6 months) so it is not recommended to do it in advance. The medical also dictates the expiration date on your visa.

Hopefully a moderator will come by and move your post to the Philippine regional section of the forum to give you more specific answers.

Edited by Maria&Seve

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Good Luck with your journey

About the only thing you can do now is prepare the forms with your fiance so you can have everything prepared when you have your in person meeting. (I129F, G325A for you and your fiance, letters of intent, get your passport photo taken, write a cover letter) You will want to sign all of these documents when you are together, and will need to include in your petition proof of having met-boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts, and pictures taken together.

Everything else you mention in your post is steps for after your petition is sent in.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

not to be rude but please do some research before asking. everything is already in the internet (USCIS website, visa journey), you just have to read it.
if you like a more clearer guide like a walk-through you can go to mrs. pressons blog ( just type it in google).
She's also a filipina and her blog helped me organize our needs for K1.
if your reason is your head hurting because your reading it via phone, maybe you might want to allot time in a net cafe to read and note what you will need.

goodluck to your journey

Edited by leisli

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Day! Does anyone here who is a Filipina like me and was able successfuly married already to an American man? Please I need some of your answers and good advices for me. I want to help my future husband and this is the best way that I can only do is to keep asking and collecting more answers and advices.

I strong encourage you to consider the following. These are things we did in advance and it was very, very hepful. We are still in the beginning stages of the K1

IN PREPARATION (for you)

1. Contact the NSO and obtain the following relevant certified documents

• CENOMAR
  • Proof of annulment (if you were previously married)
  • Marriage certificates (from any previous marriages - foreign or domestic)
  • Birth certificates for you and any children you have (whether you plan to immigrate with them or not)

2. If you haven't already, begin processing for you international passport

3. You will also need an NBI clearance report (this comes later. The report is valid only for six months)

4. Ask your fiancé to begin reviewing the blank documents eventually needed for the K1 and preparing his own paperwork / checklist NOW (Click on GUIDES from the VJ homepage)

5. Read. Read. Read. Browse K1 forums. Read other people's stories. Use the search engine to look up words / phrase relevant to your K1. Learn from others. Try a new search every day. You will be surprised at how much you learn

REGARDING YOUR FIANCE'S VISIT (be thinking ahead). You and your fiancé must visit at least one time within two years of applying for your K1

1. Save all international airline tickets, boarding passes and itineraries (take pics of YOU holding his tickets / itineraries / boarding passes).

2. When your fiancé visits, take at least one in-country flight together (even a short flight to another island. SAVE the tickets and boarding passes) These will prove that you were together.

3. Take a boat / ferry trip together and save the tickets / passes. Especially if they have your names on them

4. Take pictures of you and your fiancé (on the plane) holding each other's tickets / boarding passes

5. Stay in a hotel and be certain to have both of your names on the receipt. Take pictures of you and your fiancé in front of the hotel sign

6. Save a few restaurant receipts (although secondary, it will show that he was in the Philippines on specific dates).

7. Use credit / debit cards when possible. Make sure your fiancé advises his bank that he will be in the Philippines (and any layover countries) during specific dates.

8. Take pictures (together) in front of recognizable landmarks / signs. Also take pictures of your fiancé with your family / extended family. Try different pictures each day of the visit.

9. Take pictures of you and your fiancé holding (together) a Philippines newspaper with the headline and date clearly visible

10. Take pictures of you and your fiancé at the airport with airport name / sign visible.

He will need many of these pictures, receipts, etc when submitting the I-129F package. You will also need copies / pictures for your interview.

Edited by Gregory&Dyn

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

While my future husband cannot file a petition yet for a Fiance Visa K1 because according to some married couple already here is we need us to meet each other personaly

Correct.

and that he need to come first here to Philippines and take some photos together as a proof of meeting in person and that is one of the major requirements to file the petition of K1 right?

Correct again. The meeting can be anywhere in the world, but you two need to meet in person.

Or maybe he can file it already even we did not meet yet in personal??

Nope

Since we can submit some of our private conversation through emails and the other application that wr use to message and call everyday also.

You'll need that for proof of a legitimate relationship. It's needed for the interview but some folks include some with their petition.

While I am waiting for him to come and arrive here in the Philippines this July or August do I need to do something here in the Philippines while waiting for him?

Generate evidence of a legitimate relationship.

Can anyone help me here and give me a specific answers or an instruction or documents requirements for me to do so?

Read the Guides, link at the top of this page.

Go to the regional forum for answers to the following.

Like for example im still waiting for him to come can it be possible for me already to start to get my cenomar our marriage license and so on i dont know what else?? About the medical also that I have read that it made them wait more longer because one Filipina has a tubercolosis or what so ever of illness that need to be treated though I am a healthy woman with no any medications or illness still if it is possible for me to have it in advance?? So that it can never be an hindrance for both of us. Also what are the fees and expenses.

Please please please can anyone help me here. I can read and understand some of the guidelines but if possible I just want the summarize of everything or an specific for me what and which I need to do because im having a little bit headache and my eyes hurts trying to read a lot of guidelines and that i do only have a local small phone which makes me hard to do so. So please help me anyone here and I will owe it to you. I

I hope there is a Filipina woman here like me who were able to married and American Man so that as same as my situation that soon I will get married to an American man. Thank you so much.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

While my future husband cannot file a petition yet for a Fiance Visa K1 because according to some married couple already here is we need us to meet each other personaly and that he need to come first here to Philippines and take some photos together as a proof of meeting in person and that is one of the major requirements to file the petition of K1 right? Or maybe he can file it already even we did not meet yet in personal?? Since we can submit some of our private conversation through emails and the other application that wr use to message and call everyday also.

While I am waiting for him to come and arrive here in the Philippines this July or August do I need to do something here in the Philippines while waiting for him? Can anyone help me here and give me a specific answers or an instruction or documents requirements for me to do so? Like for example im still waiting for him to come can it be possible for me already to start to get my cenomar our marriage license and so on i dont know what else?? About the medical also that I have read that it made them wait more longer because one Filipina has a tubercolosis or what so ever of illness that need to be treated though I am a healthy woman with no any medications or illness still if it is possible for me to have it in advance?? So that it can never be an hindrance for both of us. Also what are the fees and expenses.

You will find MORE Filipinas here for your questions ;)

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

As for your questions:

1) Correct, the two of you MUST have met in person (within the past two years) to file the I-129F K-1 fiancee petition.

2) Three things will be needed from you for your fiance to file the petition; a completed G-325A with your signature, a Letter Of Intent To Marry with 90 days of arriving in the USA, and a couple 2X2 passport photos (U.S. type with white background)

3) Relax about the medical, there is nothing you can do at this point regarding that. That comes later after the petition is approved.

For now stop reading so much.. :)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gregory&Dyn,

Gave you some great answers, and I will attempt to tell you about the medical, and what can happen.

My wife took her physical in Jan. of 2013. At St. Luke's.

At that time, there was a "thing" where the doctor's were placing Filipino women, in "Sputum" a grueling 9-11 week, "hope they do not call you" (because then your specimen would show growth, and you would take 6 more months treatment, then the test again, a real mess.

The last doctor, who looked at her x-ray, two had passed it, said it was suspicious, and sent my wife into the "Sputum" testing, which cost us 3 months, for absolutely nothing.

This is irrelevant, but we used a visa company there in the Philippines, and they did a great job of putting out packet together, with everything needed and ready to file. I brought it back to the USA, and mailed it the next morning.

It is my opinion, that the owner of the visa company, who's husband and I had a disagreement, as he lied to me, about the medical and interview. We exchanged some harsh words, and there visa companys

are on a first name basis with the doctors, and all the personnel at St. Luke's. There is no question in my mind that he told the doctor, to put my (now) wife through the sputum fiasco, thing, which cost us 3 months. She was 10 months and 4 days in getting here from NOA 1 to P.O.E., Atlanta.

You do not hear too much of this anymore, since the Philippines was placed on expedite (not sure they are still on expedite) and visas are flying out the door. But, it can still happen, and sometimes it is found to be that the woman has a form of lung disease, and has to under go treatment.

So, I just gave you what information I had about the lung disease thing.

Any questions feel free to ask, I will reply.

I would consider a visa company, because it is so cheap, only a few hundred, and your paper work will be perfect, and they will make sure you have the truth.

This VJ site is a "do it yourself site" and we did our AOS by ourselves, with the help of the guides section at the top of the homepage. But a good visa company did an awful lot of work for us for a few hundred dollars, we had a fully prepared packet (petition) in 14 days after I arrived there. If you get a good one, it is well worth the money.,,..,,,..it is just my opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.