harlie2706

FINACIAL OPTIONS FOR F-1 STUDENT help please : )

4 posts in this topic

HI,

just a brief description, I have been in the US for almost 3 years, my eldest daughter has just finished her highschool education in england and for the past 6 months we have been working on her moving here for college education

very pleased to say that she has been accepted on a deans scholarship to Le Moyne in Syracuse NY.

We have all the necessary documents i-20, ds160 and she will be having her interview at the us embassy in england shortly

I have student loan approval with my husband as cosigner on a international student loan from citizens bank, the rates are frightening to say the least...

I know there are very limited resources for international student loans, just wondering if anyone had any good choices or advice where i may find better deals if anyone has had sucess with that

i would be so gratfeul for your help

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Isn't she qualified for an i130 petition by USC step-parent? (I know totally unrelated to your question ?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Too late now I guess, take a year.Might help for the next year.

You say she finished High School in the UK, presumably she has been attending an American School in the UK, can they not help?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How old is she? Are you a US citizen by now?

As mentioned above there won;t be time for this year, but if you can get her a greencard, she can get in-state tuition and that should be significantly cheaper, plus access to local grants and scholarships.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.