977 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

guys i might get the RFE bcuz i dnt know that our intent letter has to be notarized...ours wasn't..no wonder why i still dont have my NOA2.:( so nervous about this now.

No it doeSnt need to be notariZed.. I have heard a lot who got approve noa2 and they didnt notarized the intent letter.. We didnt notarized ours too but we are not expecting rfe of that..

????????

Timeline

i just read it somewhere here in this site...she got an RFE bcuz of that.im worried now PLUS she said it has to be the original intent letter mine was just the photocopy.well to what i understand dont send the orginals.so i made a copy if everything and sent it.

Timeline

i just read it somewhere here in this site...she got an RFE bcuz of that.im worried now PLUS she said it has to be the original intent letter mine was just the photocopy.well to what i understand dont send the orginals.so i made a copy if everything and sent it.

Oh about the original, yeah it should be signed original not photocopy or scanned..even the g325a it should be original signature.. But some says they got approve even if it scanned but mostly it should be original.. And about the notarized i never heard of that..

????????

Filed: Timeline

Shai And caz, im Sure you don't have your noa2 cuz the most of earlier dates don't have it! So relaxe I'm 11 of June and don't have noa2 and I'm not exept it this week! And I never heard about that letter intent problem either !! Everything will be fine;) even if you get rfe you will be faster then the guys who are in Texas! So be lucky, I try to think like that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

If i recall correctly, way back the letter of intent etc had to be notarized but not anymore. All documents though have to be the original ones, the proof on the other hand (pictures, plane tickets, entrance tickets, hotel receipts) should be photocopies, you have to take them all to the interview though in case they ask for the originals there.

I`m almost certain we`ll get an RFE too but that`s not too bad we just got the documents ready for what we messed up on, I had made a mistake in my original G-325A so a few days later I sent him the corrected version. We might not get an RFE but if we do we`ll have our reply ready in the mail the same day we receive it, making the delay as little as possible.

So go ahead and send your fiance all originals (G-325A, Letter of intent, whatever else you sent in photocopy that should have been original like possible divorce papers etc). If you get an RFE it`ll make the delay way shorter if your american fiance already has the papers cause sending them there when you get the RFE will mean 2 weeks or more delay.

Good luck!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Timeline

kim&clint thank u so much!! the intent letter and g345a have to be original..im going to send it today then.but where should i send it this time?

thank u guys for comforting me..this is really driving me nuts.been searching and checking my case..jezzz.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

kim&clint thank u so much!! the intent letter and g345a have to be original..im going to send it today then.but where should i send it this time?

thank u guys for comforting me..this is really driving me nuts.been searching and checking my case..jezzz.

I suggest you wait for the RFE to make sure it doesn`t get lost. Are you the American citizen? If not send it to your American citizen fiance so they can send it as soon as they get an RFE for it. If you are just print em off, hand date and sign them (the current date) and keep it somewhere so as soon as the RFE comes, all you have to do is send it back the same day. I believe the address will be on the RFE notice but if not I`m sure it`ll be easy to find on the forums here, I haven`t received mine yet I`m not 100 percent sure I`ll get one. Who knows maybe yours will slip through the cracks too, that`s why I sugges you just wait until you get an RFE! :)

I was really worried about it too but I decided to just prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Timeline

Sent certified mail 24JUNE15

Was received on 26JUNE15

Received Hardcopy of NOA 1 on 1JULY15

According to timeline it says barring any RFE (should not be a problem since much more info was sent than was needed) that our case should be adjudicated between August 9-13. Which would be perfect and fit in with our Christmas wedding plans.

Hmm both or our letter of intents were sent via email so neither of them had a signature, the lawyer I used did not say anything about it so I hope everything is alright.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sent certified mail 24JUNE15

Was received on 26JUNE15

Received Hardcopy of NOA 1 on 1JULY15

According to timeline it says barring any RFE (should not be a problem since much more info was sent than was needed) that our case should be adjudicated between August 9-13. Which would be perfect and fit in with our Christmas wedding plans.

Hmm both or our letter of intents were sent via email so neither of them had a signature, the lawyer I used did not say anything about it so I hope everything is alright.

It needs to be a "wet signature". The beneficiary needs to send the USC a signed one ASAP, in case they do send an RFE for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sent in our Application in early June, got notified it arrived on June 9th. Today I checked the status and I've got an RFE, but they only sent it on the 13th and it hasn't arrived yet so I have no idea what the problem is. How frustrating. Would be nice if they could close the box and actually provide information about what caused the RFE, so that the status check could identify what's needed. I'm guessing it's about my divorce, or about meeting in person, but I"ll update with info once I know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Sent in our Application in early June, got notified it arrived on June 9th. Today I checked the status and I've got an RFE, but they only sent it on the 13th and it hasn't arrived yet so I have no idea what the problem is. How frustrating. Would be nice if they could close the box and actually provide information about what caused the RFE, so that the status check could identify what's needed. I'm guessing it's about my divorce, or about meeting in person, but I"ll update with info once I know.

I hope it isn't anything major! And it's a quick approval after!

WE JUST RECEIVED OUR NOA2! Our NOA1 date was June 9th. :)

Congrats. I am so excited to see everyone's approvals!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.