KASH2011

I-751 June 2015 Filers

602 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Be careful, the USCIS isn't known as the misinformation line for no reason. Not saying that they're incorrect, but we've heard of people having problems with traveling before, even though they shouldn't. Something to be aware of!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks, F1H1I130. I know that the USCIS hotline is not the most reliable source of information, but in this case what they told me corroborates with everything else that I've found online about this issue, and seems like common sense anyway, given that we are free to travel while waiting for a decision. I have also looked more closely at the one-year extension, and it says explicitly that it is valid for travel for a whole year, unless one's permanent residency has been terminated (i.e., the I-751 has been denied).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks, F1H1I130. I know that the USCIS hotline is not the most reliable source of information, but in this case what they told me corroborates with everything else that I've found online about this issue, and seems like common sense anyway, given that we are free to travel while waiting for a decision. I have also looked more closely at the one-year extension, and it says explicitly that it is valid for travel for a whole year, unless one's permanent residency has been terminated (i.e., the I-751 has been denied).

My two cents... if your new card doesn't arrive in time, definitely bring the approval letter with you. also print out the USCIS tracking status that the card was mailed, maybe even the USPS tracking information that it is on its way but it didn't arrive in time before you had to leave. Remember though they are under the same umbrella CBP and USCIS are two different agencies. The CBP agents may have no idea VSC is taking almost a year to adjudicate ROC cases so they may question why you haven't received your new card yet. Couple months ago a May VSC filer was interrogated by such an officer, they put her in an office and and questioned if she's still married, etc.

Thanks again to all who replied to my question. I have an update that might be helpful to others who find themselves in a similar situation: I called USCIS this morning and they confirmed that I can travel with the old GC and the one-year extension letter without any problem. In other words, the extension is still valid even after one's I-751 has been approved. So I don't need to get a stamp in my passport or anything of the sort. (When you think about it, it makes perfect sense that it would work like this: after all, someone could travel outside the country while still waiting for a decision, and it would be absurd if they had any trouble re-entering the country just because an approval was issued in the meantime.)

Best of luck to all those who are still waiting for their approvals!

This actually happened to me on Sunday. I flew back from the UK and landed in D.C. not realising I had an approval last Wednesday. I came through passport control with my current green card and extension letter with no problem.

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

I have tried calling and I was informed that if your date is still within the processing time (currently May 11th 2015), then you just have wait.

I still don't understand how the approval process can be so random.

Congrats to those who are approved!!

For us the "still pending" ones: Is it time to call since it's past 11 month mark?

Filed: Timeline

I have tried calling and I was informed that if your date is still within the processing time (currently May 11th 2015), then you just have wait.

I still don't understand how the approval process can be so random.

I perfectly understand how you feel. It looks like VSC is not moving at all. I cannot believe that California is already processing December cases. I think the process is random because once the cases got assigned to different officers, they work with different speed. The think that bothers me the most is why Vermont doesn't send some cases to Cali so can decrease processing times from 9+ month down to 7+.

Timeline

I perfectly understand how you feel. It looks like VSC is not moving at all. I cannot believe that California is already processing December cases. I think the process is random because once the cases got assigned to different officers, they work with different speed. The think that bothers me the most is why Vermont doesn't send some cases to Cali so can decrease processing times from 9+ month down to 7+.

They were transfering cases when VSC waiting time was 7-8 months, now it is 11 months and unfortunately no action. When does your n400 eligibility begin?

Filed: Timeline

They were transfering cases when VSC waiting time was 7-8 months, now it is 11 months and unfortunately no action. When does your n400 eligibility begin?

After August 25th. I mean I still have time. it is just the whole point. Right now with processing time for Vermont May 11th as of February 29 the wait should be around 9 months and 20 days. But it actually varies a lot. Some people are getting approved for less than 9 months, some wait more than 11. Now it sounds probably that I am repeating myself over and over but I do not see any other way for Vermont to speed up unless some of the cases get transfer to Cali.

Timeline

After August 25th. I mean I still have time. it is just the whole point. Right now with processing time for Vermont May 11th as of February 29 the wait should be around 9 months and 20 days. But it actually varies a lot. Some people are getting approved for less than 9 months, some wait more than 11. Now it sounds probably that I am repeating myself over and over but I do not see any other way for Vermont to speed up unless some of the cases get transfer to Cali.

You mean 8/25 is your 3rd anniversary of your GC right? If that's the case May 27th is the date you could file for naturalization.

Honestly god knows what they are doing at VSC. I know at least one more person from May is still waiting for still no reason and she can't do anything b/c she is still considered within normal time. July people posting approvals but lots of June people like you guys are still waiting. There is one October VSC approval posted, which doesn't make any sense at all and on top of all these a December CSC filer posted an approval yesterday. I don't have anything more than to say it is a privilege to be a CSC filer and simply sucks to be a VSC filer for removal of conditions.

You wanna hear something funny USCIS is asking 18% ($90) increase in filing fees for ROC for the upcoming fiscal year. I guess they really deserved(!) it.

USCIS Case just updated!

"New Card is Being Produced. On May 6, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC**********, and will mail it to the address you gave us."

For all other VSC filers that are still awaiting approval, hopefully your approvals are just around the corner! Thank you for everyone's support. It has been invaluable.

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

USCIS Case just updated!

"New Card is Being Produced. On May 6, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EAC**********, and will mail it to the address you gave us."

For all other VSC filers that are still awaiting approval, hopefully your approvals are just around the corner! Thank you for everyone's support. It has been invaluable.

Congratulations!!

USCIS Case just updated!

Congrats !!!

Thank you! I actually received my letter in the mail within an hour of the case status updating online. Official approval date was May 3rd :) Timeline and signature corrected to reflect the true dates. Good luck VSC filers, and all June filers!

Met in Australia: January 2011
Engaged in USA on visit: 22nd September 2011
K1 Visa received: 1st June 2012
Entered US: 19th June 2012
Married: 30th June 2012

AP Document received: 3rd November 2012
EAD Card received: 27th November 2012
Conditional Green Card received: 26th July 2013

ROC approved: 3rd May 2016
Permanent Green Card received: 13th May 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.