shellymarie

AFTER NOA2...PLEASE HELP!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi All,

I filed my I129F for K1, got my NOA1 a couple weeks ago, and now the waiting game for the NOA2 begins...so...to avoid wasting time, I'd like to start gathering EVERYTHING I need for once the NOA2 arrives!

Here's my thing...this site is AMAZING and definitely has all the info I need! But...I'm the type of person that needs to see EVERYTHING in one place so I can kinda just check it off as completed or else I'm always questioning if I'm missing something...Can anyone provide this info OR a link to a topic here on VJ in which someone has literally listed out every single thing that's going to be needed? (I've found things here and there on the site, but some of the posts have things listed that the other one doesn't, so I just want to make sure I don't miss anything).

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance! :) :) :)

On another note...I have a question on some of the info that I have come across so far...

I guess technically, I don't have a bank account. I use one of those Prepaid Walmart Money Cards, it's a debit card. It has an account and routing number because my paycheck gets direct deposited to it and everything. But it's not technically a bank account, if that makes sense. I saw that I'm going to have to include a letter from the bank, showing when my account was opened, deposits for a year and current balance...Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to get the letter? If not...what should I use instead? Assuming I'm not able to get one of these letters...will printed account history suffice instead?

Also...I've started filling out the I134 Affidavit of Support and I'm a little confused on one the questions. The area that asks "I own real estate valued at:" and then under that, "With mortgage(s) or other encumbrance(s) thereon amounting to:" Here's my situation: I own a mobile home, valued at about $20,000. I'm mortgaging it but not through a bank or anything. The person who owns the mobile home park took ownership of this mobile home when the previous owner passed away. He remodeled it with his own money, and basically I'm only mortgaging (making monthly payments to him) for the $20,000 that he put into it. So...everything went through an attorney etc, and the title is in my name (with him as a lien holder) but the "mortgage" isn't through a bank. I have no idea how I would answer those two questions??

That brings me to my third and final question (for now lol) will my credit score affect the process at all? unfortunately, in previous years, times were tough due to a terrible relationship I was previously in, and my credit is not the greatest. I currently make well over the poverty amount and can definitely show proof that my income is enough to support my fiancé...I'm just worried that my issues in the past will interfere. Any thoughts??

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this! And I appreciate ANY help anyone can offer me (even if you only have the answer to one or part of my questions). Thank you again! Have a great weekend everyone!

Edited by shellymarie

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Hi All,

I filed my I129F for K1, got my NOA1 a couple weeks ago, and now the waiting game for the NOA2 begins...so...to avoid wasting time, I'd like to start gathering EVERYTHING I need for once the NOA2 arrives!

Here's my thing...this site is AMAZING and definitely has all the info I need! But...I'm the type of person that needs to see EVERYTHING in one place so I can kinda just check it off as completed or else I'm always questioning if I'm missing something...Can anyone provide this info OR a link to a topic here on VJ in which someone has literally listed out every single thing that's going to be needed? (I've found things here and there on the site, but some of the posts have things listed that the other one doesn't, so I just want to make sure I don't miss anything).

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance! :) :) :)

On another note...I have a question on some of the info that I have come across so far...

I guess technically, I don't have a bank account. I use one of those Prepaid Walmart Money Cards, it's a debit card. It has an account and routing number because my paycheck gets direct deposited to it and everything. But it's not technically a bank account, if that makes sense. I saw that I'm going to have to include a letter from the bank, showing when my account was opened, deposits for a year and current balance...Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to get the letter? If not...what should I use instead? Assuming I'm not able to get one of these letters...will printed account history suffice instead?

Also...I've started filling out the I134 Affidavit of Support and I'm a little confused on one the questions. The area that asks "I own real estate valued at:" and then under that, "With mortgage(s) or other encumbrance(s) thereon amounting to:" Here's my situation: I own a mobile home, valued at about $20,000. I'm mortgaging it but not through a bank or anything. The person who owns the mobile home park took ownership of this mobile home when the previous owner passed away. He remodeled it with his own money, and basically I'm only mortgaging (making monthly payments to him) for the $20,000 that he put into it. So...everything went through an attorney etc, and the title is in my name (with him as a lien holder) but the "mortgage" isn't through a bank. I have no idea how I would answer those two questions??

That brings me to my third and final question (for now lol) will my credit score affect the process at all? unfortunately, in previous years, times were tough due to a terrible relationship I was previously in, and my credit is not the greatest. I currently make well over the poverty amount and can definitely show proof that my income is enough to support my fiancé...I'm just worried that my issues in the past will interfere. Any thoughts??

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this! And I appreciate ANY help anyone can offer me (even if you only have the answer to one or part of my questions). Thank you again! Have a great weekend everyone!

You are overthinking this. You say your current annual salary is well over the 125% of the poverty guidelines. Well, in that case you don't even have to bother to show any bank letter or list any real estate you have. Your credit score has NOTHING to do with the immigration process.

Relax. Your profile shows that you live in Connecticut, that means you are at TSC where the current processing time is 7-8 months. You just filed te I-129F so you have plenty of time left to fill out papers needed for the Embassy interview. Instead, focus on building evidence of ongoing relationship.

As for the list, when the Embassy receives your fiance's case from NVC they will send you an instruction package/email. Things that are needed for the interview will be clearly listed there.

Edited by Road2Citizenship

Timeline

Thanks so much for your response! haha yeah I tend to overthink things way too much! I just want to make sure I do everything correctly. :) My application was actually routed to the CSC for whatever reason, and most people are getting approvals 3-6 weeks from the NOA1 date. That's why I'm just trying to get a head start. Thanks again for your help!

You say your current annual salary is well over the 125% of the poverty guidelines. Well, in that case you don't even have to bother to show any bank letter or listany real estate you have. Your credit score has NOTHING to do with the immigration process. You are overthinking this whole thing. Relax. Your profile shows that you live in Connecticut, that means you are at TSC where the current processing time is 7-8 months. You just filed te I-129F so you have plenty of time left to fill out papers needed for the Embassy interview. Instead, focus on building evidence of ongoing relationship.

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Thanks so much for your response! haha yeah I tend to overthink things way too much! I just want to make sure I do everything correctly. :) My application was actually routed to the CSC for whatever reason, and most people are getting approvals 3-6 weeks from the NOA1 date. That's why I'm just trying to get a head start. Thanks again for your help!

Oh okay. You are welcome. :)

Edited by Road2Citizenship

Timeline

You're an angel! Thank you soooooooo much! :luv: haha what an awesome system! I can see why the consul was a fan of your organization! Congrats to you both!! I can't wait to be as far along as you are now!! :)

I don't know if this helps, but these are the things I brought to my K1 visa interview.

My interview was on November 25th, 2014, I was approved after a short, 5 minute long interview.I was asked only a few question and I didn't have to show any proof of ongoing relationship. 2 days later I already received my passport with my visa in it. I organized the documents & stuff in 4 different colored folders, since I'm big time fan of bright colors! :) Even the Consul said she likes how organized and colorful it was :D

Pink folder (personal documents)
1. passport
2. DS-160 confirmation page
3. interview appointment letter
4. visa photos
5. birth certificate
6. police certificate
7. medical papers
8. photocopy of NOA2

Green folder (Form I-134 & proof) - my then-fiance/now-husband was my sponsor
9. form I-134 (Affidavit of Support)
10. IRS Tax Return Transcript (2013)
11. IRS Wage & Income Transcript (2013)
12. last 12 paychecks
13. employment letter

Yellow folder (proof of ongoing relationship)
14. Facebook wall screenshots
15. Facebook message screenshots
16. Skype call history
17. a postcard I sent to my fiancé
18. updated letter of intents

Blue folder (proof of having met - we already submitted these in I-129F)
19. electronic plane ticket
20. boarding passes
21. ESTA confirmation
22. passport stamp (ESTA)
23. receipts

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: Timeline

You're an angel! Thank you soooooooo much! :luv: haha what an awesome system! I can see why the consul was a fan of your organization! Congrats to you both!! I can't wait to be as far along as you are now!! :)

You are very welcome, I'm so glad I could help! :) You will be, just give it some time. ;) My husband and I mailed the I-129F petition almost exactly 1 year ago and back then everything seemed so far. But time goes by fast and now here are we are together, married, and in the process of getting my greencard. Reading success stories here on Visajourney throughout my K1 process definitely helped me a lot to keep a positive mindset. :)

I wish you and your fiance the best of luck and lots of happy years together! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Instructions and what will be needed for your interview in Brazil > http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas.html

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

this is great!! thank you so much! :)

Instructions and what will be needed for your interview in Brazil > http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas.html

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You And Me.,.,.,.shows a great example of what to do. But I agree with another poster, you are way over doing this, and way to early. Still, no harm in getting your thoughts together, as I would rather be over prepared, and scrambling at the last minute.

I really think people over look this website, and the info. here. Go to top of home page, and click on Guides, and select what part of the process you are going through.,.,.,.,and follow it word

for word.

Sounds like you are excited, that is great, I wish you a swift journey, and a quick, NOA 2.

Good Luck, I love to see people as enthused with their journeys, as me and my wife was with mine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't know if this helps, but these are the things I brought to my K1 visa interview.

My interview was on November 25th, 2014, I was approved after a short, 5 minute long interview.I was asked only a few question and I didn't have to show any proof of ongoing relationship. 2 days later I already received my passport with my visa in it. I organized the documents & stuff in 4 different colored folders, since I'm big time fan of bright colors! :) Even the Consul said she likes how organized and colorful it was :D

Pink folder (personal documents)

1. passport

2. DS-160 confirmation page

3. interview appointment letter

4. visa photos

5. birth certificate

6. police certificate

7. medical papers

8. photocopy of NOA2

Green folder (Form I-134 & proof) - my then-fiance/now-husband was my sponsor

9. form I-134 (Affidavit of Support)

10. IRS Tax Return Transcript (2013)

11. IRS Wage & Income Transcript (2013)

12. last 12 paychecks

13. employment letter

Yellow folder (proof of ongoing relationship)

14. Facebook wall screenshots

15. Facebook message screenshots

16. Skype call history

17. a postcard I sent to my fiancé

18. updated letter of intents

Blue folder (proof of having met - we already submitted these in I-129F)

19. electronic plane ticket

20. boarding passes

21. ESTA confirmation

22. passport stamp (ESTA)

23. receipts

good lord such a great idea !! will definitely do it the same way now. God this is so genius !

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That was impressive of organizing documents! Follow gathering what the green folder stated :))

And no need to worry about bank statement and properties blah blah if you're making above the poverty guidelines. You just need your proof of employment from your employer or whoever can provide you one and those tax report. :)

Good luck!

Timeline

oh great! thank you so much! before i made this post, i think that's where i was getting confused on the form. i thought i had to provide that info no matter what. i didn't realize if i made above poverty that i wouldn't have to provide that stuff. and thank you to everyone else too! you've all helped me feel a lot more at ease! :)

That was impressive of organizing documents! Follow gathering what the green folder stated :))

And no need to worry about bank statement and properties blah blah if you're making above the poverty guidelines. You just need your proof of employment from your employer or whoever can provide you one and those tax report. :)

Good luck!

Matt & Mish

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

EMBASSY:

9/18/15 Medical exam

Filed: Timeline

good lord such a great idea !! will definitely do it the same way now. God this is so genius !

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. :)

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Timeline

Well, don't overwhelm yourself with more documents than requested! For the Affidavit just check the instructions (I just added 3 past IRS transcripts, 3 months paychecks, 3 W2s and his statement of service). I had a letter of the bank but it was a little bit old for the interview so I just skipped it and everything went fine. Do not print a ton of evidences. Brazil is an easy embassy and I doubt they will request additional evidences, if so you bet they won't waste a lot of their time overlooking it. Interviews there usually don't take more than 5 minutes and the questions are pretty much the same (How/when y'all met, how many times the petitioner has been in Brazil and who proposed to who). As soon as you receive the Embassy instructions (Straight forward) just follow them and you will be fine. Not telling you that you shouldn't have your evidences of bonafide ongoing relationship (It's a MUST according to the instructions), just telling you that you shouldn't drive yourself nuts about it and kill the whole Amazon Rainforest. The doctor in Rio (Who worked 15 YEARS INSIDE the Embassy) told me that when they have doubts about the case they generally set a second interview and request the petitioner to be there (NOT sure if that's how it is but that's what he told me). We tend to go crazy about this process and they really take easy on it and here's an example: They misspelled my fiancé's last name on my Visa and I contacted them to let them know and ask if I should go by to fix it and etc..They just replied: Dear applicant, this typo error will not stop you from entering into the US. To me it sounded like ''Hey annoying desperate K1 don't bug out, we have more to do'', lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.