kszx

Fiance's tourist Visa expired

50 posts in this topic

Wanting to marry a USC is well-known desire for many foreigners,

and essentially most of VJ-ers are going through it.

I don't see anything particularly fishiness in the story...

What's more fishy about this one than most other VJ filers?

Wanting to marrying an American just for the heck of a green card ? And you call that well known? Not in many people's case and certainly not in my case !

It sounds like you really have no idea how complicated this process really is.

A marriage license isn't a marriage certificate. You need a marriage license to gent married , you are issued a marriage certificate after the marriage ceremony. ( either civil or religious ). SSN are not given to anyone who overstayed and married a citizen. She has to have an approved EAD document to apply for a SSN. The whole AOS process would take roughly 6 months could be longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wanting to marrying an American just for the heck of a green card ? And you call that well known? Not in many people's case and certainly not in my case !

Odd comment, seems more real than many.

Hardly a day goes past when you see somebody asking about sponsoring someone they have yet to meet or met once for a few days and married.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Odd comment, seems more real than many.

Hardly a day goes past when you see somebody asking about sponsoring someone they have yet to meet or met once for a few days and married.

Oh well, some people are plain dumb , but when you are 50-70 years old , minimum wage earning , do you really expect somebody in her 20s from an exotic Asian island country fall in mad crazy love with you after 30

Mins of conversation ?! Probably not , they those who went ahead and married their junior spouse are not merely victims either.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Is it legal for her to even be in the US with an expired tourist visa? Legally you should get married and she goes back to her country to wait just like everyone else. Doesn't matter if you met her after she was already here.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Is it legal for her to even be in the US with an expired tourist visa? Legally you should get married and she goes back to her country to wait just like everyone else. Doesn't matter if you met her after she was already here.

Overstay is forgiven for spouse of USC.

You may not agree with it but they can AOS inside US without returning home.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Overstay is forgiven for spouse of USC.

You may not agree with it but they can AOS inside US without returning home.

Then why doesn't everyone just get a tourist visa and adjust status once they're here?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

From Tunisia?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

From Tunisia?

What?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

That is what your flag say, does he have a tourist visa?

Timeline

That is what your flag say, does he have a tourist visa?

My husband is from Tunisia. No, he wasn't able to get a tourist visa. But my question was hypothetical. If it doesn't matter if you overstay a tourist visa if you're married to a USC then why doesn't everyone (who qualifies) just go that route?

Baby what we have"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

A lot of people do go that route...even a lawyer I had a consult with recommended it but it didn't make sense for us.

My husband is from Tunisia. No, he wasn't able to get a tourist visa. But my question was hypothetical. If it doesn't matter if you overstay a tourist visa if you're married to a USC then why doesn't everyone (who qualifies) just go that route?

People AOS from tourist visa all the time, as long as they are able to satisfy the CBP officer during POE that they did not have intention to stay and AOS but circumstance changes after that.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

A lot of people do go that route...even a lawyer I had a consult with recommended it but it didn't make sense for us.

Why not? Isn't it the fastest route?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Basically 2 reasons:

1. Its naughty.

2. More importantly it is gainst the TOC on VJ to even suggest such a thing.

Consider yourself repremanded.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.