4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi!

So my fiancé got approved today at his interview at the London embassy. He completed his medical before the interview and he was missing 3 vaccines (MMR, flu, and tetanus). They didn't give it to him there because he's allergic to penicillin so they said to get it after the medical. Now we're finally reading that although they told him in the medical that it'd be fine to get the shots later that we don't really understand what happens from here.

We know we need to get the shots he needs and then have the records certified by a civil surgeon, but how does that work when submitting our AOS packet? I am under the impression that the form I-693 is in a sealed envelope that he gives to immigration at his POE. Do we submit an entirely new I-693 in our AOS packet?

Thanks for any/all help you can give us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Shame he did not get them done before the medical,

So you are now into finding one of the Civil Surgeons who first understands you do not need a full medical and will not rob you for 2 minutes work.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the AOS/Family-Based forum, where similar matters are often discussed and the process can be studied.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi!

So my fiancé got approved today at his interview at the London embassy. He completed his medical before the interview and he was missing 3 vaccines (MMR, flu, and tetanus). They didn't give it to him there because he's allergic to penicillin so they said to get it after the medical. Now we're finally reading that although they told him in the medical that it'd be fine to get the shots later that we don't really understand what happens from here.

We know we need to get the shots he needs and then have the records certified by a civil surgeon, but how does that work when submitting our AOS packet? I am under the impression that the form I-693 is in a sealed envelope that he gives to immigration at his POE. Do we submit an entirely new I-693 in our AOS packet?

Thanks for any/all help you can give us!

The medical he got at Knightsbridge is reported on a form called Form DS-2054, but actually includes several pages. One of the pages is the DS-3025 immunization sheet. An overseas medical is done by a Panel Physician. That medical is turned in at POE. It is good for 12 months (if there were no Class A conditions) so the results can actually be used for AOS. if he had all the shots needed for immigration, then the DS-3025 would have been sufficient for AOS with no need for a civil surgeon.

For AOS, the designated doctor practicing in the US doing immigration physicals is called a Civil Surgeon. The results form is I-693. There are many people already in the US adjusting status from various other visas besides K1 fiancés. They did not have an exam overseas recently so they do a full exam and get their shots signed off on the I-693,

Since your fiancé's medical results from the Panel Physician can be used, he doesn't need a full exam, but he does need his shots given and signed off on the immunization section of the I-693. Therein lies the problem. Many civil surgeons refuse to do the immunization part only. They will tell people they must have a full exam. They can charge anything they want. Some who will do the immunization quote high prices for a bit of paperwork. Hope you find one who will not over charge you or insist that you need a new full exam. Read full instructions for the I-693 and you will find where it says K1s do not need a full exam but need their vaccination sheet complete and signed off.

Here's a few threads that tell experiences of people who did not get their shots complete and signed off at Knightsbridge. While not required of a K1, it sure saves money and hassle later. It will help you understand exactly what Boiler meant that offended DoctorsInLove, who maybe hasn't called a dozen civil surgeons trying to find one who actually has read the I-693 instructions and memos from USCIS saying a K1 does not need a full exam.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541758-i-693-merged/?p=7535232

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/518446-civil-surgeons-what-a-joke/?p=7289206

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/462793-medical-again-in-usa-due-to-incomplete-vaccination-record/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/461012-medical-exam-for-aos-after-k1/

(Never mind the offended person who said Tsk Tsk Tsk to Boiler. I see that post got deleted when the thread was moved)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.