Dennis8

Case Number and IIN combination you entered does not match our records

360 posts in this topic

What difference would it make to use alternative forms of payment or choice of agent? When you still to wait for DS-260, which is huge form. You have to pretty much enter your address and employment history for last 10 years, and several other security questions?

Because until the DS-261 is accepted the IV fee is NOT billed so you can't pay it. My thoughts were, sending the old form at least takes that waiting period away so you can pay the fee (via mail if needed.) I agree you can't still fill out the DS-260 even with that fee paid, but at least as soon as it's working you'd be able to vs waiting to fill a form, then waiting to pay a fee, then finally being able to fill it out.

It's only a suggestion anyhow.

I only had to enter addresses not employers but I'm a Canadian female who was employed. It varies by demographic and country. It's addresses since age 16, which if you're 26 would only be the last 10 years.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's all about the "what if". You send in your payments by mail... It takes 3 weeks for it to post, the website comes up tomorrow and now you have set yourself back 3 weeks... But on the other hand... If you do send it in and the site is down 3 weeks from now you are ahead of the game... It's a gamble either way....

Edited by Dingdupme

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Because until the DS-261 is accepted the IV fee is NOT billed so you can't pay it. My thoughts were, sending the old form at least takes that waiting period away so you can pay the fee (via mail if needed.) I agree you can't still fill out the DS-260 even with that fee paid, but at least as soon as it's working you'd be able to vs waiting to fill a form, then waiting to pay a fee, then finally being able to fill it out.

It's only a suggestion anyhow.

I only had to enter addresses not employers but I'm a Canadian female who was employed. It varies by demographic and country. It's addresses since age 16, which if you're 26 would only be the last 10 years.

Employments for last 10 years, and addresses for since you were 16.

I did several short contracts. Lived in about 20 or so places.

Employments for last 10 years, and addresses for since you were 16.

I did several short contracts. Lived in about 20 or so places.

I lived in 18. But like I said, the information you fill out depends on the answers you give. As an employed Canadian female I did not have to include anyone but my current employer. It also did not ask for any prior education.

ANYHOW that wasn't the point. You can fill out the DS-260 until the IV invoice is paid. You cannot pay the invoice until the choice of agent is added.. why not try to get both out of the way?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Can't login to choose an agent for 3 weeks already. Contacted NVC by email 10 days ago - no response yet\

what did you contact them about ? did you send them an email stating that you want to choose the agent ?

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

what did you contact them about ? did you send them an email stating that you want to choose the agent ?

used this form to contact http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

asking about what's going on with their website.

DOS runs the website, not the NVC.

So it's a bit higher than the NVC can deal with on their own. I'm sure they're just as frustrated it's not working.

Timeline

used this form to contact http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/contact/ask-nvc.html

asking about what's going on with their website.

Ok , so just to give you a heads up , if you contact them via Email , it ll take them for ever to answer you , its better to do it through phone , in case you can not , i can tell you whats going on with their website , currently is still down and may be it ll be down for another week or two , so the b est option for you to do is to send an email to asknvc@state.gov and explain to them whats going and you want to appoint yourself or your wife/husband as an agent . thats what i was told and that what i did

good luck

Edited by dandanos

• Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]

hmm.. Go figure. I posted the template to the email earlier. :) Enjoy NVC peeps!

Timeline

hmm.. Go figure. I posted the template to the email earlier. :) Enjoy NVC peeps!

sorry you lost me , i dont get your point ????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.