decocker

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled A Homicide; Officers Will Face Murder Charges

226 posts in this topic

I'm not justifying this at all.

I will biggie size my question for you.

The question remains, why be more upset about some insurance coverage than an unrecoverable life?

Hold up though now..

This isn't about just insurance coverage you know?

People were beaten, almost burned to death. Their property, their entire lives destroyed.

Many persons who were poor and counted on those local stores for food or medication could no longer get them.

A senior center to help the elderly was destroyed.

A policeman was killed. He had nothing to do with Gray's death at all.

Firemen (and I happen to know someone with a family member that helped to put those fires out) had projectiles tossed at them, and shots fired at them.

People who were poor with many children to feed now found themselves out of a job because of their employment burned to the ground.

What happened to Gray was terrible, never should of happened, and the officers involved must be prosecuted. What has happened to the people of the Baltimore I know and loved is a disgrace. It has to change, but it remains to be seen if it will. It goes well beyond the police force.

But that does not justify the behaviour of rioters, and it never will. Anger is never justification in the eyes of the law.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

No one justifies the looting G. Not I or Janelle. We are trying to bring light to the situation that led up to it. I've posted it before, we're condemning the looting, but no seems to give a damn about Freddie Gray.

To highlight how bad it is, the kid whose parents talked him into turning himself in? He's held on $500,000 bail and looking at life in prison for destroying a police car. The guy who drove the vehicle and being charged with 2nd degree murder of Freddie Gray? $350,000 bail and not even looking at prison time yet. Folks value a car over a young man's life.

But you know his rap sheet, you commented on it.

And no one is justifying the looting. We're just trying to focus on the starting point, not ignoring that...

I like that. He knows nothing of the case but he has every opinion in the world. hahahahaha laughable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No one justifies the looting G. Not I or Janelle. We are trying to bring light to the situation that led up to it. I've posted it before, we're condemning the looting, but no seems to give a damn about Freddie Gray.

To highlight how bad it is, the kid whose parents talked him into turning himself in? He's held on $500,000 bail and looking at life in prison for destroying a police car. The guy who drove the vehicle and being charged with 2nd degree murder of Freddie Gray? $350,000 bail and not even looking at prison time yet. Folks value a car over a young man's life.

But you know his rap sheet, you commented on it.

And no one is justifying the looting. We're just trying to focus on the starting point, not ignoring that...

The looting has become a bigger story with a wider impact. That's why more people are talking about it. What affects a city more? One dead guy or entire neighborhoods on fire and being looted for multiple days? The good news is, it's pretty much passed, at least for now.

Lame again. We also know black men are falsely accused and incarcerated more than any other race.

We also know that white men with money don't do time and mostly get away with their crime.

The white Dupont heir, got sentenced to house arrest for raping and molesting his 6 and 7 year old kids....

I will biggie size my question for you.

The question remains, why be more upset about some insurance coverage than an unrecoverable life?

So you're saying that the majority of blacks in prison are innocent and didn't commit the crime they were sentenced for? I'm not trying to be lame, I'm presenting facts.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hold up though now..

People were beaten, almost burned to death. Their property, their entire lives destroyed.

Many persons who were poor and counted on those local stores for food or medication could no longer get them.

Firemen (and I happen to know someone with a family member that helped to put those fires out) had projectiles tossed at them, and shots fired at them.

People who were poor with many children to feed now found themselves out of a job because of their employment burned to the ground.

What happened to Gray was terrible, never should of happened, and the officers involved must be prosecuted. What has happened to the people of the Baltimore I know and loved is a disgrace. It has to change, but it remains to be seen if it will. It goes well beyond the police force.

But that does not justify the behaviour of rioters, and it never will. Anger is never justification in the eyes of the law.

Bingo.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It 30% of black men between 18 and 35 or whatever it is have been in prison, wouldn't it make sense that the statistics are skewed? So if this is true, one out of three black men you encounter in that age group have a criminal record.

White people should commit at least 5 times the number of crimes as blacks to pe proportionate to population percentage.

Yeah, 30% have. The majority are there for drug crimes that are IDENTICAL to ones white people commit at the SAME RATES but black people get higher sentences for. White people and black people smoke pot at the same rate, but for the same amount of pot, one will get it confiscated and one will get a drug dealing charge. And it's not the white person getting charged...

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Hold up though now..

You are the only person to point this out.

Everybody else is just screaming how they hate looting and they are so bad. No one is screaming about the reason why these people are so angry.

Is the policeman who was killed for no reason life any more valuable than the man who lost his? After all, they were both killed for no reason.

And again, no one is justifying the looting.

So you're saying that the majority of blacks in prison are innocent and didn't commit the crime they were sentenced for? I'm not trying to be lame, I'm presenting facts.

You are presenting false facts because you know they are skewed.

Address this first. No one knows the real numbers because they are skewed. And we have shown the proof on VJ plenty of times and it is widely ignored.

Edited by Janelle2002

Yeah, 30% have. The majority are there for drug crimes that are IDENTICAL to ones white people commit at the SAME RATES but black people get higher sentences for. White people and black people smoke pot at the same rate, but for the same amount of pot, one will get it confiscated and one will get a drug dealing charge. And it's not the white person getting charged...

What's your take on the murder rate?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Not A Tailor,

You are asking them to discuss the root of these skewed figures. They are so unwilling to do this.

Everybody else is just screaming how they hate looting and they are so bad. No one is screaming about the reason why these people are so angry.

Is the policemen who was killed for no reason life any more valuable than the man who lost his? After all, they were both killed for no reason.

Are any of these lives more valued than the hundreds that are lost every year in Baltimore?

When I was little, a boy I knew was beaten to death with baseball bats outside his school bus stop by a gang. Was his life worth more than Freddie? Who rioted and protested for him? Who protests for any of those lost? That's what unsettles me. I'd like people to be upset and actually do something to help their city, instead of getting angry, destroying it, and then forgetting about it eventually.

Sadly I feel that's what's going to happen here again.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

There was a girl killed in Boston with a bean bag fired by police after the Red Sox beat the Yankees in the ALCS about 10 years ago. The crowd was going wild in he streets and she got hit. And she was white.

Post a link, I'd like to read about it.

The looting has become a bigger story with a wider impact. That's why more people are talking about it. What affects a city more? One dead guy or entire neighborhoods on fire and being looted for multiple days? The good news is, it's pretty much passed, at least for now.

This isn't about one dead guy. Baltimore has had issues with the cops for years now. They've had to pay out millions in wrongful death and police brutality since 2011, and that was a decrease in the former years. It's a sigh of a much bigger issue.

Plus, they protested for 6 days peacefully. No news coverage, no media outlets. No cries for justice. It wasn't until stuff started getting destroyed, now they have your attention...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Is the policeman who was killed for no reason life any more valuable than the man who lost his? After all, they were both killed for no reason.

You are presenting false facts because you know they are skewed.

Address this first. No one knows the real numbers because they are skewed. And we have shown the proof on VJ plenty of times and it is widely ignored.

So I'm presenting false facts which are available from the US Government, but you make a claim on your own and that's really the truth?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Even in murder, it will depend on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed. When it's white on black killing, esp cops, there's very little to almost no time served. When it's reversed, there are no riots because black men don't get to say they're afraid for their lives and walk. They don't usually have the funds to pay for outrageous bail amounts. The court through the book at them and then some.

Like I said, take a look at the kid who turned himself in for destroying a police car. His bail is $150,000 higher than the guy they've accused of 2nd degree murder. Not to mention he's looking a life in prison...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you put someone in prison early in life, they are more likely to end up with connections with people who ARE hardened criminals. So by putting people in prison on a first drug offense (which often happens to people of colour), you put them into a pool of criminals and you remove their ability to make money through legitimate means (which happens, unfortunately, to people with non-violent drug offenses--they are unable to get any kind of job that would get them a living wage) and so they learn that the only people who will have their backs are the gangs they met in prison.

So by isolating people from society for non-violent offenses, the prison system and the police system actually creates murderers.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Post a link, I'd like to read about it.

This is the basic story. There are other local links if you Google her name. I'm on the iPad so sometimes the tabs reload when I search and I lose what I have started to type in my reply.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Victoria_Snelgrove

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015