decocker

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled A Homicide; Officers Will Face Murder Charges

226 posts in this topic

Gray was arrest something like 18 times. Does it mean he should die? NO. But it sure doesn't do his reputation much good. It seems like a lot of those arrested on killing rampages gave up without incident or didn't resist arrest.

reputation really shouldn't have anything to do with how police interact with you.

and another wrench in the gears..........

A Fraternal Order of Police lodge is asking Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby to appoint a special prosecutor to the Freddie Gray investigation because of her personal connection to the Gray family's attorney, William H. "Billy" Murphy Jr., and her marriage to a city councilman.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-riots/bs-md-fop-letter-20150501-story.html

not really surprised..

reputation really shouldn't have anything to do with how police interact with you.

not really surprised..

A man just murdered 17 people and wounded 70 more. At that point, if he got a bullet put in him, I don't think folks would take to the streets in protest...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

And yet, they murdered a score of people. Homes killed 17 and wounded 70. That's an incident right there. Frien killed a state trooper and wounded another one. On the run for months. No problems when they arrested him. Even that dude who killed his fiance and best friend ran up on the cop. He's still alive and in jail. The other half of the Boston Bombers? Killed 5 and wounded 300, he sits in a jail awaiting trial.

On the other side, you have black men, some with records, others without, but with a few common factors: Unarmed, and no one was killed, but those young black men were either killed or brutalized for broken tail lights or back child support.

There's an unusual amount of restraint used in the above mentioned cases. Every precaution is used, every preventive measure taken into account. And these dudes are armed and have murdered multiple people. But the cops make sure to follow the rule book to the letter and ensure those murderers get their day in court.

There's something really wrong when you can go on a killing spree and just put your hands up and rest assured the cops won't kill you. But someone like me, reaching for my wallet could actually mean a beatdown or even death.

So if the police yell freeze! Put your hands up and the person complies, they don't usually get shot. I have no doubt if the guy who shot the state copped twitched a muscle he would have been shot instantly. He surrendered without incident. He didn't resist arrest. If he reached for his wallet he would be dead.

A man just murdered 17 people and wounded 70 more. At that point, if he got a bullet put in him, I don't think folks would take to the streets in protest...

Of course there would be no protest. Especially if he was white.

no, i'm saying we need to rethink how we punish if we expect rehabilitation.

How do you propose rehabbing a mass murderer so it is safe to put him back on the streets? The marathon Bomber? Aaron Hernandez? Whitey Bulger?

In life one's reputation does tend to follow them. Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

So if the police yell freeze! Put your hands up and the person complies, they don't usually get shot. I have no doubt if the guy who shot the state copped twitched a muscle he would have been shot instantly. He surrendered without incident. He didn't resist arrest. If he reached for his wallet he would be dead.

Of course there would be no protest. Especially if he was white.

If the cases I mentioned there was no freeze. Tamir Rice didn't even have time to react, the cop got out of the car and shot him dead in the chest, without saying a word. John Crawford was shot first without being told to freeze or drop the weapon. Like I said, in those cases, the cops give them every opportunity to prevent more bloodshed. Even that one dude came out yelling kill me, running at the cop with a weapon in his hand, no dice. The cop REFUSED to shoot him. He had to be absolutely sure before he used deadly force. That's not right when these dudes aren't even armed and yet somehow end up dead.

Edit: White people do protest. It's just that in this day and age there really isn't a reason to do so. Most POC have to because it's the only way people listen.

Edited by Stay Woke

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's what I would do.

If the cases I mentioned there was no freeze. Tamir Rice didn't even have time to react, the cop got out of the car and shot him dead in the chest, without saying a word. John Crawford was shot first without being told to freeze or drop the weapon. Like I said, in those cases, the cops give them every opportunity to prevent more bloodshed. Even that one dude came out yelling kill me, running at the cop with a weapon in his hand, no dice. The cop REFUSED to shoot him. He had to be absolutely sure before he used deadly force. That's not right when these dudes aren't even armed and yet somehow end up dead.

The Rice case is beyond tragic. He was a child playing with a toy gun. The Crawford case was also a royal police ** up. The cops took no time to asses these two situations.

That's what I would do.

If a cop drew his gun on me and said hands up, you can bet my hands are going up and I'm not going to attack him or challenge him.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

The Rice case is beyond tragic. He was a child playing with a toy gun. The Crawford case was also a royal police ** up. The cops took no time to asses these two situations.

That's my point. The shoot first ask questions maybe later on is at the forefront of most cases dealing with black people. The city of Cleveland told Rice's parents too bad so sad about your son, but it's their fault he's dead. And Crawford's family pretty much got told the same thing. What angers me is they bullied his fiance for over an hour and a half, just looking for something on him to justify his murder at their hands...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Edit: White people do protest. It's just that in this day and age there really isn't a reason to do so. Most POC have to because it's the only way people listen.

Plenty of white people get shot by cops every year too and even if they were totally innocent there usually isn't destructive rioting. And if it was a habitual white criminal, people would probably think he some how had it coming to him.

That's my point. The shoot first ask questions maybe later on is at the forefront of most cases dealing with black people. The city of Cleveland told Rice's parents too bad so sad about your son, but it's their fault he's dead. And Crawford's family pretty much got told the same thing. What angers me is they bullied his fiance for over an hour and a half, just looking for something on him to justify his murder at their hands...

The police were wrong on those two cases and it looks like the same thing for Freddie Gray. If they are wrong, they are wrong whether the victim was black, white, Chinese, Filipino, etc.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

That's what I would do.

There is a case now where a kid got stopped in 2013, on a bike. After 4 seconds the cop killed him. Not because he yelled freeze and the guy went for something, he was reaching for his wallet and ID when the cop got behind him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Plenty of white people get shot by cops every year too and even if they were totally innocent there usually isn't destructive rioting. And if it was a habitual white criminal, people would probably think he some how had it coming to him.

The police were wrong on those two cases and it looks like the same thing for Freddie Gray. If they are wrong, they are wrong whether the victim was black, white, Chinese, Filipino, etc.

I keep hearing this. Yet I haven't seen anything. You're the majority in this country. In this day and age of camera phones, why don't we see white people choked out in broad daylight? Why aren't white children killed for playing with toy guns? I mean if the poor neighborhoods have cell phone cameras, then the middle class shouldn't be any exception. I want to see white celebrities stopped by the cops repeatedly like Chris Rock, then be told to buy a Pruis so they can adapt.

If what you're saying is true, those open carry states where white people are carrying guns in the wide, they should be more of a dust up. But every week for the last month, it's been a black guy killed or beat almost to death for something...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I keep hearing this. Yet I haven't seen anything. You're the majority in this country. In this day and age of camera phones, why don't we see white people choked out in broad daylight? Why aren't white children killed for playing with toy guns? I mean if the poor neighborhoods have cell phone cameras, then the middle class shouldn't be any exception. I want to see white celebrities stopped by the cops repeatedly like Chris Rock, then be told to buy a Pruis so they can adapt.

If what you're saying is true, those open carry states where white people are carrying guns in the wide, they should be more of a dust up. But every week for the last month, it's been a black guy killed or beat almost to death for something...

I didn't say blacks are never profiled unfairly. I'm saying white people get shot by cops too. Every police shooting of a black man isn't someone playing with a toy gun.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

The Rice case was sad, but I believe that the video made clear that the kid gave the officer every reason to shoot by refusing to drop, in fact pointed it at the officer as though it were real, but turned out to be a toy gun. I struggle with the misrepresentation for desired effect by all sides in these debates.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I didn't say blacks are never profiled unfairly. I'm saying white people get shot by cops too. Every police shooting of a black man isn't someone playing with a toy gun.

Truth, but when someone says white people get killed by cops, it like saying they're the same thing. Not saying that white people aren't victims of police brutality, but it's WAAAAY more frequent amongst us. So much in fact we've become used to it.

The Rice case was sad, but I believe that the video made clear that the kid gave the officer every reason to shoot by refusing to drop, in fact pointed it at the officer as though it were real, but turned out to be a toy gun. I struggle with the misrepresentation for desired effect by all sides in these debates.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

In life one's reputation does tend to follow them.

right, but there's a reason police are not allowed to pursue you for looking at them - even if you have reputation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a case now where a kid got stopped in 2013, on a bike. After 4 seconds the cop killed him. Not because he yelled freeze and the guy went for something, he was reaching for his wallet and ID when the cop got behind him.

To be clear, I'm not saying you deserve what you get if you don't do what the police say. But I'm not pushing it. Just like I wouldn't confront someone following me. It's one thing to talk about the way things should be. It's another to watch your butt yanno?