amkhan

I130 Approval Process Advice

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my I130 petation USCIS states shows On February 3, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number Xxxxxxxxxxx. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing

Since Feb no updates can someone advise please

I wasn't asked for a name update either. I put my married name in all the forms and my maiden name in the "other names" line in all my application documents.

I would be too, especially if you did not request a name change. If I were you, I'd request and INFO-pass appointment at your local USCIS field office. I once called them and they were super nice but I didn't have a case number yet. I assume you have yours so I'd call them and ask them or make an appointment and go there in person.
Good luck!

~~moved to IR1/CR1 progress reports from K3 progress reports~~

You won't likely see any movement for about 5 months from filing the petition. If you are concerned about an update, then the US citizen petitioner can call the USCIS and inquire what is going on. This system is not transparent. You will not know what is going on or how far along you are until you get your NOA2 or an RFE.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Can someone let me know what does it mean ... my case is over 5 months and i called USCIS and open an inquiry on June 1st 2015. but i got these updates on my USCIS profile updates

Its says they send reply about inquiry where they will sent these inquiry reply i have not got anything via post or email please suggest what should i do.

Case History
06/12/2015

On June 12, 2015, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number T1DXXXXXXXXXVSC, was completed.
06/12/2015

On June 12, 2015, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number T1DXXXXXXXXXXVSC.
06/12/2015

On June 12, 2015, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number T1DXXXXXXXXXVSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

12/24/2014
We received your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan.

Umm, June 12 was just this past Friday, it takes a bit of time to get the mail - give it until next Friday to get the letter.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

Thanks but what kind of letter they gonna send and are they going to send by POST or email... why by post why not by email since i have registered with them for email notifications....

Thanks but what kind of letter they gonna send and are they going to send by POST or email... why by post why not by email since i have registered with them for email notifications....

Regular USPS mail, you won't get an email about your case in detail, they don't work that way.

Email notifications are just that - case status update (received and case number is this, NOA1 sent, RFE, NOA2...).

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.