876 posts in this topic

Good morning,

Thank you for your wishes.

I really hope I will be a citizen by the end of the year.

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2015-04-29

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• 1 month later...

Congrats!

I am really confused.

The status online says my interview is scheduled and to wait for the letter.

2 weeks and no letter... so I called and they told me they did not scheduled my interview & still waiting for an available date.

Honestly I feel like every time I call I get a different answer... I am not sure what is wrong with my case and why is it so different than other people's.

:(

I will call again to speak with somebody else...

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!

I am really confused.

The status online says my interview is scheduled and to wait for the letter.

2 weeks and no letter... so I called and they told me they did not scheduled my interview & still waiting for an available date.

Honestly I feel like every time I call I get a different answer... I am not sure what is wrong with my case and why is it so different than other people's.

:(

I will call again to speak with somebody else...

Does your status say that they "scheduled" you interview or does it say that they "started the interview scheduling process"?

The first one means that you already have a fixed interview date.

The second one means that your case is now ready for an interview and when there is an available time slot, they will schedule it and then send you a letter. This is what people call being "inline for interview".

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Hello,

It says "we scheduled an interview for your application". Then if I don't receive the letter within 30 days to call.

I had my fp on March 4th. On March 8th the status was "we are scheduling the interview". Then on March 9th the interview was scheduled.

Then I called yesterday and they said no interview is scheduled yet.

So confusing.

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interview Was Scheduled

On March 14, 2016, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC***************We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

i am also wait for interview letter too

Edited by kismat75900

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello,

It says "we scheduled an interview for your application". Then if I don't receive the letter within 30 days to call.

I had my fp on March 4th. On March 8th the status was "we are scheduling the interview". Then on March 9th the interview was scheduled.

Then I called yesterday and they said no interview is scheduled yet.

So confusing.

Did you try calling again? I would assume that your online status is right and that the guy you talked to was wrong... but I could be wrong.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for replying to my post.

I am planning to call them tomorrow. If I get the same answer I will schedule an info pass.

I give those persons full credit for what they are saying but something does not make sense though.

I am really afraid to miss my interview... so I will rather double check.

Edited by AlexAndAndrei

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Hi all,

I called USCIS today and they confirmed my appointment has been scheduled.

They did not have access to the date and location but they told me to call back if I don't receive the letter by April 10th.

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi all,

I called USCIS today and they confirmed my appointment has been scheduled.

They did not have access to the date and location but they told me to call back if I don't receive the letter by April 10th.

Good luck to you!

Thank you so much.

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

So last time when I talked to USCIS a lady told me that I do have an interview scheduled. She did not have access to the actual date but she filed a service request for me. (my status changed on March and I called 30 days later because I did not receive the interview letter)

So I asked her... what if I do not receive anything? She told me to call back in another 30 days... (that would be the first week of May)...And I said... but that means there is a chance to miss my interview... since nobody can tell me when is it.... it can be any time... She said, yes this is true but if that happens it will be rescheduled... I was not happy with this answer but I was praying that the letter will come in the mail in time.

Then yesterday my husband got a strange and using his own words "disrespectful" phone call from somebody claiming he is from our field office. It was an unknown phone number. I also had a missed call from that number - i was at work and I was not aware that I am supposed to receive phone calls from USCIS. I also cannot answer my phone during work hours.

According to my husband that person said that I missed a couple of interviews. He said he does not have time for me or for us and he will reject my application because I do not show up for interviews. He also mentioned something about going there and talk to him... but he did not provide an id # or anything... and like I said my husband said that he was not polite at all...

We called USCIS yesterday and talked to somebody else. It looks like I had my interview mid April and did not show up... but I never received a letter... also when I called on March 25th I have been told that I do not have an interview scheduled (even if the status online said that is scheduled), and then I called again on March 28th and I have been told to call on April 8th because the 30 days didn't pass yet. On April 8th I talked to a lady and she did not provide any interview date but she filed that service request.

After waiting 10 months for my finger prints letter and calling USCIS dozen of times I can't believe this happens again with my interview letter.

And being threatened that my application will be rejected and being told that I do not care about becoming a US citizen is very hurtful.

Now I feel very anxious about going to my field office because I am afraid that I won't be treated fairly... this in case I will ever receive an interview letter.

I made an appointment / info pass for the next Monday (first available date). Hopefully all this is a big misunderstanding.

Also it is very strange that I miss there letters... I believe this is impossible. I got the receipt notice, I got the fp letter... how is it possible to miss multiple letters? The address is correct, I also have a front desk in my building so it is impossible that somebody opens my mail and take stuff from there and hides my letters (I know I am losing my mind and I actually consider that possibility).

Also the strange thing is that I had the same kind of problem with my fp letter.

The first couple of months I have been told that they are not processing my month yet and to wait.

Then somebody filed a service request and did not receive anything.

Then at some point somebody told me that I missed my interview.

Then after 2 or 3 service requests later I got my fp letter.

Not sure what's happening and how is it possible that every time I call I get a different information... :(

At this point I am thinking about hiring a lawyer... I don't think I am treated fairly... I am afraid that I will be rejected... at the end of the day I am an immigrant and I have nothing to say in this...

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Your case is very strange from day one. How come you did not sign up for online case information you get texts and emails in real time in case progress. And when you call who do you speak to customer service or Tier 2 immigration officer ? Customer service does not have all the access to information.

Before you go on info pass you should call tomorrow USCIS and demand to talk to tier 2 immigration officer and tell him the whole story. I would not be surprised if they deny your application as you are missing interviews which people are begging for who are stuck waiting for interviews, some are considering suing them in the court to get interview and you are no show on interviews. In that case you can appeal stating you story or file a new one. Tier two immigration officer can also fax your interview later.

Good Luck

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

You probably talked to a tier 1 representative who cannot see more than you see online. You need to insist on a tier 2 officer every time. If the tier one rep does not transfer you, call against after hanging up. All the best. Should be straightened out.

Hi all,

So last time when I talked to USCIS a lady told me that I do have an interview scheduled. She did not have access to the actual date but she filed a service request for me. (my status changed on March and I called 30 days later because I did not receive the interview letter)

So I asked her... what if I do not receive anything? She told me to call back in another 30 days... (that would be the first week of May)...And I said... but that means there is a chance to miss my interview... since nobody can tell me when is it.... it can be any time... She said, yes this is true but if that happens it will be rescheduled... I was not happy with this answer but I was praying that the letter will come in the mail in time.

Then yesterday my husband got a strange and using his own words "disrespectful" phone call from somebody claiming he is from our field office. It was an unknown phone number. I also had a missed call from that number - i was at work and I was not aware that I am supposed to receive phone calls from USCIS. I also cannot answer my phone during work hours.

According to my husband that person said that I missed a couple of interviews. He said he does not have time for me or for us and he will reject my application because I do not show up for interviews. He also mentioned something about going there and talk to him... but he did not provide an id # or anything... and like I said my husband said that he was not polite at all...

We called USCIS yesterday and talked to somebody else. It looks like I had my interview mid April and did not show up... but I never received a letter... also when I called on March 25th I have been told that I do not have an interview scheduled (even if the status online said that is scheduled), and then I called again on March 28th and I have been told to call on April 8th because the 30 days didn't pass yet. On April 8th I talked to a lady and she did not provide any interview date but she filed that service request.

After waiting 10 months for my finger prints letter and calling USCIS dozen of times I can't believe this happens again with my interview letter.

And being threatened that my application will be rejected and being told that I do not care about becoming a US citizen is very hurtful.

Now I feel very anxious about going to my field office because I am afraid that I won't be treated fairly... this in case I will ever receive an interview letter.

I made an appointment / info pass for the next Monday (first available date). Hopefully all this is a big misunderstanding.

Also it is very strange that I miss there letters... I believe this is impossible. I got the receipt notice, I got the fp letter... how is it possible to miss multiple letters? The address is correct, I also have a front desk in my building so it is impossible that somebody opens my mail and take stuff from there and hides my letters (I know I am losing my mind and I actually consider that possibility).

Also the strange thing is that I had the same kind of problem with my fp letter.

The first couple of months I have been told that they are not processing my month yet and to wait.

Then somebody filed a service request and did not receive anything.

Then at some point somebody told me that I missed my interview.

Then after 2 or 3 service requests later I got my fp letter.

Not sure what's happening and how is it possible that every time I call I get a different information... :(

At this point I am thinking about hiring a lawyer... I don't think I am treated fairly... I am afraid that I will be rejected... at the end of the day I am an immigrant and I have nothing to say in this...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.