876 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey all,

so I attended the Oath ceremony today and finally I am a US citizen now.

It was at the federal courthouse in downtown Detroit. And after the ceremony applied for passport at the passport agency right across the street.

Good luck everyone. I am sure the wait will be over soon.

My feeling is some officers like to do things right a way and don't procrastinate. Others believe tomorrow is guarantee and wait it out until last minute. So it is all luck. I find it frustrating and the wait is unbearable

:wow:

My thoughts exactly.........

All we can do is wait :cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am done with the interview today,,officer was very nice but it went really stressful then I thought..i applied for naturaliziation based on 3 years rule ..he asked me too many detail about marriage and personel that some things couldn't remember at the time like my wife phone number and house number . ans some more something like that but it was okey I guess.lol...my application has been recommended for approval at the spot,,question about test was easy and I answered all of them correct,,writing portion was Washington is the father of our country and don't remember what was the reading part but I guess it was the same..i don't remember really..my speaking English really not decent but not too bad for understand things,,it must be enough so that I passed the interview..so waiting for the oath ceremony now ,,I hope soon,,i have asked for name change on the app but I told the officer I gave up the change my name and it was okey,,thank you and good luck to people on the interview..

Edited by yavuzum10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am done with the interview today,,officer was very nice but it went really stressful then I thought..i applied for naturaliziation based on 3 years rule ..he asked me too many detail about marriage and personel that some things couldn't remember at the time like my wife phone number and house number . ans some more something like that but it was okey I guess.lol...my application has been recommended for approval at the spot,,question about test was easy and I answered all of them correct,,writing portion was Washington is the father of our country and don't remember what was the reading part but I guess it was the same..i don't remember really..my speaking English really not decent but not too bad for understand things,,it must be enough so that I passed the interview..so waiting for the oath ceremony now ,,I hope soon,,i have asked for name change on the app but I told the officer I gave up the change my name and it was okey,,thank you and good luck to people on the interview..

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just finished my interview and got recommended for citizenship so now the wait for the oath letter.

Got there 10 minutes before my interview time at the San Antonio office. My husband met me there from work.

I was called about 20 minutes later by a middle aged lady, she asked my husband to wait and we went upstairs to her office.

We made small talk going up so that was good

She swore me in, asked me basic questions on my applications to confirm, phone #, name, address etc and the questions about drugs etc

She then gave me a paper told me to write California is the state with the most people then she asked me to read What state has the most people.

After that was the civics test. I can only remember 4

- Who become president if the president can't serve

- 2 rights from the declaration of independence

- why did the British come to the US

- What was the concern during the Cold war

I got the first 6 right so she gave me the congratulations paper and told me that she has recommended me for the next step and I should get the oath letter in the mail ina month or two.

Good luck to everyone

Nov 25,2011(Day 0) - Mailed I 130,I 485, I 765 and I 864
Nov 28,2011(Day 1) - Tracked on USPS and saw that it had been delivered
Dec 1, 2011(Day 4) - Received emails/texts that application was received on Nov 29th and an I 797 is on its way
Dec 1, 2011(Day 4) - Checks cashed
Dec 5, 2011(Day 8) - NOA1 Hard Copies received with Dec 1st as Notice Date
Dec 9, 2011(Day 12) - Biometrics Letter received for 12/22/201
Dec 16, 2011(Day 19) - Biometrics Walk in completed in less than 30 minutes
Jan 24, 2011(Day 58) - Received text/email about card EAD card production
Jan 28, 2011(Day 62) - Received text/email about card EAD card production again
Jan 30, 2011(Day 64) - Received text/email about card EAD card approval and has been mailed
Feb 01, 2012(Day 66) - Received EAD in the mail.
Feb 03, 2012(Day 68) - Received email and text about March 8th interview
Feb 04, 2012(Day 69) - Received interview letter in the mail.
Mar 08, 2012(Day 102) - AOS INTERVIEW (Went in at 8:30am and was approved by 4:45pm)
Mar 13, 2012(Day 107) - Email that card is in production.
Mar 13, 2012(Day 107) - Received congratulations letter in the mail and my name is spelt wrong so i have to deal with that now.

Removal of Conditions

Dec 08, 2013 - 90 day mark

Jan 27, 2014 (Day 0) - Mailed ROC packet to VSC
Jan 31, 2014 (Day 1)- NOA1 date

Feb 18, 2014(Day 14) Biometrics letter received for March 5th 2014

Feb 25, 2014(Day 21) Early Walk in for Biometrics

July 8th, 2014 ( Day 153 - I stopped counting) - RFE Received

Sep 19, 2014 (Day 225....) - RFE received - Deadline was Sep 21 (too close I know)

Oct 29, 2014 (Day 265..) Email that card was sent to production.

Citizenship

5/18/2015 - Mailed in N400

5/21/2015 - NOA

5/25/2015- Check Cashed

6/06/2015 - Biometrics letter received for June 19th, 2015

6/11/2015- Biometrics completed Walk in

6/15/2015 - In line for interview

08/21/2015 - interview date ( Interview done) Recommended for citizenship.

9/25/2015- Became a US citizen. All done with USCIS

10/28/2018 - Received my passport. *Done* Good Luck everyone

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*......................We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by September 20, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Finally,,,,,,,,Almost there

Edited by Naturalizemeplz

Timeline

Just finished my interview and got recommended for citizenship so now the wait for the oath letter.

Got there 10 minutes before my interview time at the San Antonio office. My husband met me there from work.

I was called about 20 minutes later by a middle aged lady, she asked my husband to wait and we went upstairs to her office.

We made small talk going up so that was good

She swore me in, asked me basic questions on my applications to confirm, phone #, name, address etc and the questions about drugs etc

She then gave me a paper told me to write California is the state with the most people then she asked me to read What state has the most people.

After that was the civics test. I can only remember 4

- Who become president if the president can't serve

- 2 rights from the declaration of independence

- why did the British come to the US

- What was the concern during the Cold war

I got the first 6 right so she gave me the congratulations paper and told me that she has recommended me for the next step and I should get the oath letter in the mail ina month or two.

Good luck to everyone

Congrats!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who have passed the interview, My interview is on coming Monday at Fairfax office, I am so nervous lol. I have documentation in place and everything good to go. Only worry is my spouse's manager couldn't allow her to take a day off to assist me with interview because of shortage of staff. We were expecting to go together but oh well. If i am not mistaken it's not mandatory to have the petitioner USC spouse to come to interview but it helps some times. I don't know what to expect. Keep me in your blessings, any last minute tips and advise would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Congratulations to everyone who have passed the interview, My interview is on coming Monday at Fairfax office, I am so nervous lol. I have documentation in place and everything good to go. Only worry is my spouse's manager couldn't allow her to take a day off to assist me with interview because of shortage of staff. We were expecting to go together but oh well. If i am not mistaken it's not mandatory to have the petitioner USC spouse to come to interview but it helps some times. I don't know what to expect. Keep me in your blessings, any last minute tips and advise would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

You will be fine. You are right it's not mandatory for spouse to be there . Be positive, relaxed and confident......Study for the test, everything else is familiar grounds. All stuff you've been though before.

You Got this!

I waited 20 minutes in the lobby and got the the oath letter. Some locations make you wait for it in the mail? Or did I get it because they had dates coming up in the next few days?

I was in line for oath ceremony for almost a month after being approved at interview. And there were 2 ceremonies before I got scheduled . Some people have waited longer. I finally got email today that my interview was scheduled.......waiting for letter in the mail.

So you there is no telling how they work..........

Hello,

Thanks for adding me!

I am trying to make an appointment / request an info pass on www.uscis.gov but I can't figure it out how...

After I entered my zip code I got redirected to a page:

"Please select kind of service you need:"

I selected "you need information or other services".

Then I got the following message: "Instead of an appointment, we recommend you visit uscis.gov".

Any idea what to do? I am really stressed because I don't understand why I didn't get the fingerprints letter yet... (after almost 4 months :( ). My husband got his citizenship in 3.5 months in 2011... I am really confused...

Removal of conditions went smoothly... no interview... I got my GC in about 2 months....

Thank you!

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2015-04-29

NOA Date :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

Hello,

Thanks for adding me!

I am trying to make an appointment / request an info pass on www.uscis.gov but I can't figure it out how...

After I entered my zip code I got redirected to a page:

"Please select kind of service you need:"

I selected "you need information or other services".

Then I got the following message: "Instead of an appointment, we recommend you visit uscis.gov".

Any idea what to do? I am really stressed because I don't understand why I didn't get the fingerprints letter yet... (after almost 4 months :( ). My husband got his citizenship in 3.5 months in 2011... I am really confused...

Removal of conditions went smoothly... no interview... I got my GC in about 2 months....

Thank you!

Did you try this?

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do;jsessionid=abcOTLZCj9IIQhCldn_8u?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.