Dafadil

Question - Is it allowed to type and hand-write on the I-129f?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, so most of my I-129f form is typed out on the computer. However, under the section for fiancee's foreign address, her postal code is one number too long and doesn't fit within the preset limitation. What should I do about this - should I type out everything that I can on the computer and leave this section blank to write it out by hand with a black pen? thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You could write "See separate sheet" or something along those lines and type the address on a separate sheet of paper. Make sure the question number is on the sheet for reference.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We had to hand write my husband's name on his application because it did not fit. We had no problems with a partially hand written form. We just wrote neatly in black ink.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes. You can type or print by hand, or a combination of both. Does not matter. Just make sure it is legible.

How To Fill Out Form I-129F

1. Type or print legibly in black ink.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, so most of my I-129f form is typed out on the computer. However, under the section for fiancee's foreign address, her postal code is one number too long and doesn't fit within the preset limitation. What should I do about this - should I type out everything that I can on the computer and leave this section blank to write it out by hand with a black pen? thanks

Can you shorten it to work on the form. Many places in the world don't have addresses.

It is fine to type or print if needed. I shorten my fiancé address..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.