AllenK

K-1 Visa approved in Moscow on St. Valentine's Day

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is kind of redundant with a topic I posted on the K-1 thread, but this is for my Russian K-1 comrades:

Natalia had her interview in Moscow this morning.

APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

:dancing:

As a side note, Natalia said every single one of the other women had filed through lawyers (us included). Don't know if it really makes a difference, but it might be interesting to know for anyone starting up in this process. Now she says her goodbyes, packs, and comes to make our home with me.

Congrats to you and Natalia!! That's an awesome Valentine's Day present! We just got our NOA2 on Monday, so hopefully in about 2-3 months my Katya will also have her visa. :)

Timeline
Many Congratulations! I am happy for you!

My Elena has just finished her medical today and the interview is Friday. I hope everything goes well for us too.

I've been keeping an eye on you and Elena since we have been neck-and-neck through this process. Natalia was out by 10:00AM Moscow time. She said the process was uneventful. No trick questions; no long discussions. I think maybe they save those for people who meet on the internet and apply directly without counsel. Don't know for sure, just a guess from looking at the couple that was initially declined last month.

The CO tried to press about the nature of Natalia's work that allowed us to meet in Jamaica. "You were an entertainer? What kind of entertainer? What kind of dance?" Another CO stepped in and advised the first that he could not ask that. Maybe I'm just trying to justify the money, but I really think the lawyer thing helped here. They know a denial would be an automatic appeal by a pack of pre-paid lawyers. What government employee wants that? They could have required Natalia to get a police report from Jamaica (they do not have to abide by the six month rule - they can require one if they want one). If they had done that, we'd be screwed. Jamaica will only accept a police report request directly from the subject, not the subject's lawyers or finance. There is no Jamaican embassy or consulate in Russia. You can see the potential dilemma. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you on Friday!

Edited by AllenK

Congratulations to you and Natasha. I wonder how well she will adapt to the Florida sun after the winter in Russia.

Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!1

I had to come check up on you after last night. I'm sure you'll sleep much better now.

Enjoy the anticipation of her flying to you, but enjoy her being there even more.

cheers!

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

That's great news - congratulations.

:dance::dance::dance:

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think maybe they save those for people who meet on the internet and apply directly without counsel. Don't know for sure, just a guess from looking at the couple that was initially declined last month.

Nope, Allen, we met on the internet and did it by ourselves and it was uneventful. That's the same with the AOS approval which even in the words of the Officer doing the interview "your interview wasn't supposed to be this soon so I'll have to go look for your file!" Which he found!

Congratulations!

Larry and Maria

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Grats! :P

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
I think maybe they save those for people who meet on the internet and apply directly without counsel. Don't know for sure, just a guess from looking at the couple that was initially declined last month.

Nope, Allen, we met on the internet and did it by ourselves and it was uneventful. That's the same with the AOS approval which even in the words of the Officer doing the interview "your interview wasn't supposed to be this soon so I'll have to go look for your file!" Which he found!

Congratulations!

I guess there is not rhyme nor reason for the folks who encounter a hard time. Luck of the draw and moon alignment I suppose!

Congrats guys!

And, if they would've asked for the Jamaican police check, you would've just had to take another vacation!

(Curious though, is that how the two of you met in the first place? She was an "entertainer" in Jamaica? A passport stamp in the same passport they check at the embassy necessitates a Jamaican address on the G-325A and subsequently raises an eyebrow of the C/O on the case? We were in kind of the same boat. Elena was an "entertainer" for several years. Not anywhere as nice as Jamaica though!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Congrats! We also had a lawyer for the K1 process but not for AOS. Our AOS went fine, without any requests for additional evidence (our interview will be in April). Having a lawyer in the K1 process mostly provided us with a great big piece of mind that my husband would be able to come to the U.S. But as a piece of advice, if you follow the VJ guides for AOS exactly, you won't need a lawyer.

K1 Journey:

2/07/06 I-129F sent

2/13/06 NOA1

2/28/06 NOA2

5/12/06 Boris's interview in Moscow

5/19/06 Visa in hand!

5/22/06 Boris arrives in Washington D.C.

8/06/06 MARRIED!!!

AOS Journey:

11/28/06 AOS, AP, and EAD mailed

12/04/06 NOA1 for all applications

12/07/06 All applications touched

12/09/06 Biometrics appointment letter received

12/11/06 All applications touched

12/13/06 EAD & AP touched

12/15/06 Biometrics in Norfolk, VA (very simple, took 30 min.)

2/01/07 FBI info line confirms biometrics were received and returned 12/15

2/07/07 EAD and AP touched, AP approved

2/08/07 EAD and AP touched

2/12/07 EAD approved; card production ordered

2/12/07 Interview notice received

2/13/07 EAD touched

2/16/07 EAD received

2/17/07 AP received

4/30/07 AOS Interview--APPROVED!

5/07/07 Welcome notice received

4/02/09 I-751 sent to VSC

4/06/09 Package received @ VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.