Jump to content

Bringing Grandparents to USA

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I have a question regarding applying for AOS for grandparents, and here is the back story.

My husband is a USC by birth, and he's wondering if he could apply AOS through family for his grandparents.

My husband's father, who was a US citizen, has recently passed away and had never filed for the grandparents. The grandparents have other children who are currently in US, but they are only greencard holders and not citizens.

I have done some research and think it is unlikely for my husband to do so. However, I would like to get a more definite answer before telling him "NO". I have been coming to this forum for quite a while now and I have gotten so much help with my own AOS case; please help my with this question!

I apologize in advance if this is a repeating topic.

Thank you all!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no grandparent visa; your husband should encourage one of his aunts or uncles who are greencard holders to become citizens, so they can petition the grandparents.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If finance is the issue, your husband can pay for the n400 fees to help his aunt/uncle to naturalize. Your husband can also shoulder the i130 fees and be a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support. That's all he can do on his end.

As previously suggested, one of the children must naturalize in order to file for their parent.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.