12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am under k1 when i came to US, filed AOS month of May last year and still dont have my Green Card. I just want to post this update about cruising without Green Card, only Combo Card. So just last month we cruised to Bahamas (Freeport and Nassau) i only have my passport and EAD/AP with me (some people says i will need visa to Bahamas, i even message the Department of Foreign Affairs of Bahamas to be sure and they told me yes i will need a visa to enter.... And then i call my friend who work with cruise and told me that NO i dont need it) --soooooo, i took my chance believe in my friend and went without visa, just passport and EAD/AP........ and had no issue at all, there was no immigration at all in both island, only crew of the ship will check your sail card and Combo Card to see if name matches...... just when coming back to US, they are strict if you are with EAD/AP they will send you to a special room while they are verifying your Card, it took us like 30 minutes inside the room waiting but thats the only hassle. ;)

I AM NOT ADVICING YOU TO GO WITHOUT VISA. I AM JUST TELLING FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, IT STILL DEPENDS ON YOU. :) :) :)

Timeline

Hi! Did they interrogate you when you went back to US after the cruise? Im going on a cruise too. I only have EAD/AP because my GC is still being processed. I also entered on a K1 visa and already got married. I already filed my AOS last year.

Thanks!

Hi, i am under k1 when i came to US, filed AOS month of May last year and still dont have my Green Card. I just want to post this update about cruising without Green Card, only Combo Card. So just last month we cruised to Bahamas (Freeport and Nassau) i only have my passport and EAD/AP with me (some people says i will need visa to Bahamas, i even message the Department of Foreign Affairs of Bahamas to be sure and they told me yes i will need a visa to enter.... And then i call my friend who work with cruise and told me that NO i dont need it) --soooooo, i took my chance believe in my friend and went without visa, just passport and EAD/AP........ and had no issue at all, there was no immigration at all in both island, only crew of the ship will check your sail card and Combo Card to see if name matches...... just when coming back to US, they are strict if you are with EAD/AP they will send you to a special room while they are verifying your Card, it took us like 30 minutes inside the room waiting but thats the only hassle. ;)

I AM NOT ADVICING YOU TO GO WITHOUT VISA. I AM JUST TELLING FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, IT STILL DEPENDS ON YOU. :) :) :)

Timeline

No interrogation, they didnt ask me any question. they will only ask for your EAD so they can verify it with their computer and make you wait in a room. Have fun in your cruise, nothing to worry at all. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea if you have you greencard and have a driver license from you state then you can use your DL and not bring your greencard if you go on cruise out of USA and start and return at the same port, which almost all of them are that way........

Timeline

I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for the info!

No interrogation, they didnt ask me any question. they will only ask for your EAD so they can verify it with their computer and make you wait in a room. Have fun in your cruise, nothing to worry at all. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When my wife came back from a cruise, all they did was look at here EAD / AP card and did not even process it. Her maiden name is her passport, her card is in her married name. I booked her cruise in her passport name just like plane tickets, but they changed her name to her EAD / AP card. They consider that a GC in their system. When we got back into Miami they just looked her card and did not even do anything in the computer. We had her GC interview 2 days later and they asked her to confirm her last entry into the US. We stated about the cruise and they just looked at her card and let us through. They say that is normal with so many people with the card.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

When my wife came back from a cruise, all they did was look at here EAD / AP card and did not even process it. Her maiden name is her passport, her card is in her married name. I booked her cruise in her passport name just like plane tickets, but they changed her name to her EAD / AP card. They consider that a GC in their system. When we got back into Miami they just looked her card and did not even do anything in the computer. We had her GC interview 2 days later and they asked her to confirm her last entry into the US. We stated about the cruise and they just looked at her card and let us through. They say that is normal with so many people with the card.

I just got back from the cruise. They did not ask me questions when I came back to the States. I just showed my passport, EAD, and AP and they let me in. They never check the computer. It was easy than what I thought.

My passport is in my maiden name. My ticket, EAD, and AP are all in my married name. But I never had issues.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A repeated post that spams the forums has been removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

with all do respect........If you are referring to my post, I think the community would understand it being repeated on several different conversations as to make the community aware of the situation they could fall into. My goal is not to spam but to save someone else the heartache and misery my wife went through. Not everyone reads "all" the posts.

If someone reads through the majority of these posts they can easily come under the assumption that the AP card will allow them easy access to other countries and re-entry to U.S.

They need to be aware of the negative scenarios as well so they may weigh the risks and make an informed decision.

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Acknowledged. See PM.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

thank you. sorry for the hasty responses.

I (Todd) am the petitioner from the U.S. / Beth is in/from Philippines :thumbs:

---------------VISA JOURNEY---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6-30-2014: Mailed I129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox......... H e e e r e WE g o o o o o!! (L):wub::dance:

7-08-2014: Received email confirmation & text of application packet receipt and case #. Texas Service Center.

7-11-2014: Received actual letter confirmation of receipt and case #.

7-11-2014: Received email notification of Alien registration # being changed.

7-31-2014: Received text/email of I129F approval (Post Decision Activity) yes, we were processed at TSC!

8-04-2014: Received hard copy NOA2 in mail confirming approved and sent to NVC.

8-05-2014: Received text/email and USCIS status update. 2nd half of Post Decision Activity - Sent to DOS for processing.

8-13-2014: NVC assigned case/MNL# !!!

8-15 -2014: Interview scheduled.....August 28!

8-15 -2014: CEAC status: IN TRANSIT to Consular Section.

8-18-2014: CEAC status changed to "READY"

8-18-2014: Shots completed 2nd day. Medical complete. received a CD, papers, and passport

8-19-2014: Completed CFO seminar (Will return to CFO office to get sticker after Visa is in hand)

8-25-2014: Received hard copy of NVC case # assignment and fwd to consulate letter in mail.

8-28-2014: 1:00 am my time...........Interview done.........APPROVED !!! :dancing:(L):wow::wub::thumbs:

9-02-2014: Administrative Processing

9-04-2014: Issued

9-07-2014: Text msg from 2GO, Visa ready for pickup

9-08-2014: Visa in hand, CFO sticker obtained

--------AOS JOURNEY-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-05-2014: AOS Package at Chicago Lockbox received per U.S. mail tracking

12-19-2014: Received texts/emails that file has been accepted and routed. (All three...485, 131,765)

12-26-2014: Received Biometrics appointment notice. Scheduled 1-7-2015.

12-27-2014: Received NOA1 / I-797C in mail for all three applications.

01-07-2014: Biometrics completed in Fort Smith, AR. .. went in early, they took us no problem. Took maybe 10 minutes.

02-10-2015: Received text and emails notification of approved EAD and AP. Status changed to reflect approval.

02-17-2-15: Received NOA I-797 letter only.....for Advanced Parole in mail.

02-21-2015: Received EAD/AP combo card in mail today.

03-19-2015: Received the "Notice of Potential Interview Case" letter in mail today.

06-03-2015: Requested to expedite due to potential loss of funds if vacation had to be cancelled due to non acceptable travel docs to Mexico.

06-05-205: Response denying expedite. Stated while sounded important, only cases strictly adhering to the "qualification" to expedite are granted such process.

08-11-2015: Sent "out of processing time" inquiry

08-12-2015: Received generic response stating that due to workload factors USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

08-15-2015: (Saturday@8am) received email stating a recent processing action has taken place on our case. Status:Card/Document Production

"We ordered your new card for MSCxxxxxxxx, and will mail it. You can expect your card within 30 days of approval of your application.

8-12-2015: Online status changed to "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" . Couple days later, received hard copy of notice.

8-31-2015: Received text notifying that "We mailed your new card"

9-01-2015: Received GREEN CARD!! 275 days from date of mailing/filing AOS.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Thread hijack attempt moved to own thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/577007-travel-documents-names-split-thread/

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.