386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats alem614! So great!

Hope today goes smoothly- when you get a chance can you let us know how it went and what your experience was like? Thanks so much!!!

@elisabethferg9- ugh, another RFE! That's bad luck! What was your first one for? Do you have an interview date set yet?

Day 0- April 6th, 2015- Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox (Form I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

Day 2- April 8th, 2015- Package recieved

Day 8- April 14th, 2015- E-notifications- 12 emails and 12 texts "Your case was received". Checks cashed.

Day 12- April 18th, 2015- Hard copies of "Notice Of Action" for all 4 forms came in mail.

Day 26- May 2nd, 2015- Biometrics notice received in the mail, appointment for May 12th.

Day 28- May 4th, 2015- Successful Biometrics walk in completed.

Day 80- June 29th, 2015- Received letter stating EAD approved, and interview for July 30th. Yay!

Day 92- July 15th, 2015- Received EAD combo card in the mail.

Day 107- July 30th, 2015- Interview, approved on the spot!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats alem614! So great!

Hope today goes smoothly- when you get a chance can you let us know how it went and what your experience was like? Thanks so much!!!

@elisabethferg9- ugh, another RFE! That's bad luck! What was your first one for? Do you have an interview date set yet?

The first one was because my brother in law (my sponsor) dated his form incorrectly - yes, really. We don't have an interview date - I don't even have my EAD/AP yet. Sigh. Looks like your timeline processed nicely! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Got my green card in mail today!

Here's my full timeline:

April, 1 - package sent
April, 6 - package received by USCIS (April, 13 - notice in mail)
April, 10 - biometrics appointment notice for April, 27 (April, 17 - notice in mail)
April, 27 - biometrics completed
June, 3 - ready to schedule interview for July, 7
June, 22 - online inquiry about the status of Employment Authorization application submitted (past 75 days)
June, 23 - EAD approved (June, 27 - notice in mail); online status changed to "Approved" on June, 28
June, 30 - EAD delivered

July, 7 - interview, approved on the spot

July, 11 - welcome notice in mail

July, 21 - green card in mail

Good luck everyone, the wait is almost over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Here's my full timeline:

April, 1 - package sent

April, 10 - biometrics appointment notice for April, 27 (April, 17 - notice in mail)

June, 22 - online inquiry about the status of Employment Authorization application submitted (past 75 days)

June, 23 - EAD approved (June, 27 - notice in mail); online status changed to "Approved" on June, 28

June, 30 - EAD delivered

Congrats!

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here's my full timeline:

April, 1 - package sent

June, 30 - EAD delivered

congrats

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

congrats

Congratulations. If you don't mind, what kind of questions were you asked?

Here's my full timeline:

April, 1 - package sent

June, 30 - EAD delivered

Congratulations!! If you don't mind, what questions were you asked?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone! Yesterday my husband and I had our interview.

It went really well and took about 15 min.

The officer was really intimidating, very cold and super serious , chinese with very hard to understand speaking, my husband get a little pist about this.

Question: -Were we meet-How we start dating seriously-were we travel-documents to show our common interest(the only thing we have together is the lease agreement-taxes)-I took many bills grom both of us sowing the same address as well-Original documents-the yes and no question that I already answer on tge form I send .....,,and at the last minute he ask to see our house key to compare them, this was the very unpleasant moment because he ask very rude were the key was,we just take one pair of keys since my husband drive, so my hubby give him the key and he ask witch one was from our home. Thats it...I need to send one paper he ask me for to finish everything.

And in my way out I ask him if they will send me a final decision by mail,and hes answer was that at soon as handle to the office that document he ask me for, my green card will be mail it to me.

So I guess that's it my green card is on the way!!

(He didn't ask for pictures or parents names or any intimate questions)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi everyone! Yesterday my husband and I had our interview.

It went really well and took about 15 min.

The officer was really intimidating, very cold and super serious , chinese with very hard to understand speaking, my husband get a little pist about this.

Question: -Were we meet-How we start dating seriously-were we travel-documents to show our common interest(the only thing we have together is the lease agreement-taxes)-I took many bills grom both of us sowing the same address as well-Original documents-the yes and no question that I already answer on tge form I send .....,,and at the last minute he ask to see our house key to compare them, this was the very unpleasant moment because he ask very rude were the key was,we just take one pair of keys since my husband drive, so my hubby give him the key and he ask witch one was from our home. Thats it...I need to send one paper he ask me for to finish everything.

And in my way out I ask him if they will send me a final decision by mail,and hes answer was that at soon as handle to the office that document he ask me for, my green card will be mail it to me.

So I guess that's it my green card is on the way!!

(He didn't ask for pictures or parents names or any intimate questions)

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

02 April 15 - Sent my pack (I485,I130,1765)

06 April 15 - Pack received Chicago lockbox.

13 April 15 - Received NOA hard copies for all three forms.

28 April 15 - RFE for I-864

19 May 15 - Biometric done

07 July 15 - RFE Response sent

15 July 15 - Case updated online to RFE Review

23 July 15 - we ordered your new card for I-765

Good luck guy's !!

Edited by stallion

Timeline

Congrats @alem614, thanks for sharing your interview experience! So nice to be seeing approvals for the April filers! Do you mind if I ask what form/paperwork they asked you to send in extra? Just want to make sure I'm on top of things!

Thank you!!!

Day 0- April 6th, 2015- Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox (Form I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

Day 8- April 14th, 2015- E-notifications- 12 emails and 12 texts "Your case was received". Checks cashed.

Day 12- April 18th, 2015- Hard copies of "Notice Of Action" for all 4 forms came in mail.

Day 26- May 2nd, 2015- Biometrics notice received in the mail, appointment for May 12th.

Day 80- June 29th, 2015- Received letter stating EAD approved, and interview for July 30th. Yay!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Congrats @alem614, thanks for sharing your interview experience! So nice to be seeing approvals for the April filers! Do you mind if I ask what form/paperwork they asked you to send in extra? Just want to make sure I'm on top of things!

Thank you!!!

Thank you!

Yes,I just didn't have the right divorce sentence from my husband previous marriage.I already have order it from the court probably by Saturday I will send it to them. I will keep you update. Good luck yours is coming very soon!

Timeline

Ah- I see! Great. Thanks for such a quick reply! Congratulations again!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone know if NBC count days in between the RFE reply or they count 75 Days from the reply date for EAD processing??

An Congrates to ppl received their EAD or Interview dates!!

I am adjusting from family-based category and my application was accepted by USCIS on 10th April. But then i got an RFE on 30th May that said all further processing is suspended till they receive my response. They received my response on 17th June. Yesterday (23 July) my EAD card went under production. 10th April to 30th May = 50 days 17th June - 23 July = 36 days Total = 86 days (approx). So i guess time did stop from RFE sent till RFE submitted.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Checked my status today and it says "ready to schedule your interview." (on July 20) According to my friends' experiences, it doesn't mean that my interview will be scheduled anytime soon :D What are your experiences guys? How long did it take them to send you an interview date?

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Here's my full timeline:

April, 1 - package sent

June, 30 - EAD delivered

Congratulations! How did your interview go?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.