neo86

Mustang Car

10 posts in this topic

RWD cars aren't generally the best for snow. Snow tires are pretty much a must and it takes some practice to handle the vehicle.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Snow?

go to your local tire store, inquire about snow tires for this car.

Report back, when able...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Buy a truck if you want to drive in snow.

2wd trucks are even worse in snow. Buy a fwd car, awd car, or 4x4.

Even with a 4x4 truck you should put weight over the rear axle in winter, like sandbags.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

With Blizzak or Michelin X-ice tyres you can drive a RWD in the snow. I've done plently driving in a BMW M3 in the snow. The new cars have lots of traction systems built in, even if they are RWD.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

2wd trucks are even worse in snow. Buy a fwd car, awd car, or 4x4.

Even with a 4x4 truck you should put weight over the rear axle in winter, like sandbags.

Agree :thumbs:

Grew up in northern Utah, where snow is a seasonal event. Drove many miles in the snow in all kinds of vehicles. Though, I have to say that an old VW Beetle (RWD) with good snow tires and chains will get you a lot of places in the snow (and get gassed by the leaky heater manifolds too B-) ). :P :wacko:

YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

With Blizzak or Michelin X-ice tyres you can drive a RWD in the snow. I've done plently driving in a BMW M3 in the snow. The new cars have lots of traction systems built in, even if they are RWD.

Traction control? FWD cars, AWD cars and even my 4x4 Jeep have traction control. The Jeep also has front and rear lockers but those are for rocks. :) YAY ROCKS!

For a beginner snow driver, I think a good set of winter tires and FWD or AWD is the way to go. I grew up where it snows... Granted I'm not a rally car driver either. Graduate to something more when you know how to drive in snow. Or not.

Just to note winter tires make a world of difference no matter what kind of car you drive:

but even as you can see in this vid 4x4 helps

and other.. not sure if either have winter tires:

Fun cars generally aren't "winter cars" unless you have a fun car like me. ;) We have a friend with a 370z nissan that doesn't see rain, let alone snow. He has an old celica for daily driving.