AverysMom

Don't Settle For AP Without Getting A Congressman Involved!

55 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Great job! Being proactive is the best!

Indeed, think always one step ahead. Double check. Find out. Look for solutions. This strategy proved to be true multiple times in my visa journey.

EB-1A Extraordinary Ability green card, premium processing, consular processing from abroad

WHEN WHO WHAT

15.01.15 attorney: filed my petition I-140 to USCIS (Texas)
22.01.15 attorney: received my approval notice I-797 from USCIS

22.01.15 me: filed for police certificates from Department of Justice in three countries

05.02.15 USCIS: mailed the case to NVC

26.02.15 Departments of Justice: mailed police certificates to me

26.02.15 NVC: issued case number and invoice ID
26.02.15 me: paid IV fee
02.03.15 NVC: IV fee online status: paid
02.03.15 me: completed DS-260 form
02.03.15 me: mailed civil documents to NVC (DHL)
06.03.15 NVC: received my civil documents (DHL tracking), NVC scan date
10.03.15 NVC: confirmed the reception and scan date, informed about 60 days processing delay

10.03.15 me: completed medical exam and mailed it to the Consulate (DHL)

11.03.15 me: called the congressman office

16.03.15 congressman office: e-mailed an expedite request to NVC

16.03.15 Consulate: received my medical exam (DHL tracking)

20.03.15 NVC: forwarded the expedite request to the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany

30.03.15 Consulate: approved the expedite request (per e-mail response to me)

30.03.15 Consulate: confirmed the reception of my medical exam

31.03.15 NVC: acknowledged the approved expedite request (per e-mail to the congressman office)

01.04.15 NVC: e-mailed me about the approved expedite request

06.04.15 NVC: CEAC status "In Transit"

08.04.15 Consulate: received the files from NVC (DHL tracking)

09.04.15 NVC: CEAC status "Ready"

13.04.15 me: emailed the Consulate to check on the status

15.04.15 Consulate: confirmed receiving the physical files from NVC

15.04.15 Consulate: asked for the original civil documents

15.04.15 me: mailed the original civil documents (DHL)

16.04.15 Consulate: received the original civil documents (DHL tracking)

20.04.15 Consulate: issued an Interview Letter

29.04.15 me: interview: IV approved

21.05.15 NVC: CEAC status "Issued"

23.05.15 me: IV in passport received

23.05.15 me: ELIS paid

23.05.15 me: Point of Entry

The difference is that "in extensa" is the long version of the birth certificate, and it has information about the parents like full name and "cedula" number. The short version of the birth certificate, is used for school, passports, cedula ext. The In extensa version can be used for the schools etc as well...and both can be legalized.

Thank you for adding this information to the post. It will help many others as they prepare for the interview in DR!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

My man didn't have a clue either. You have been a blessing to many today. Avery, your mommy is a wonderful lady, as you already know! :-)

Indeed, think always one step ahead. Double check. Find out. Look for solutions. This strategy proved to be true multiple times in my visa journey.

Yes Sandra Bullock. If we are not persistent, proactive and pushy, they will just sit all over us and do nothing. It is ridiculous they will not do their jobs without a push.

Thanks for this great post.

My pleasure! My hope is that others will demand answers before just waiting. I see a lot of "just wait" advocated on this site when it comes to AP and I just wanted to share that sometimes you have to take action and you will never know what's going on until you do :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

My man didn't have a clue either. You have been a blessing to many today. Avery, your mommy is a wonderful lady, as you already know! :-)

Okay now seriously I'm sitting here holding him and crying (good thing he's sleeping lol) that was very sweet of you to say and much appreciated. My heart was crushed thinking I was going to be in this for the long haul with AP, especially since this week last year I left DR reluctantly because I was unable to afford good healthcare. I was so in love with the island, my job, my home, friends and my fiancé there but I knew I had to make the decision to leave for the health of my unborn child and get the proper care in the States. My fiancé was not happy with my decision to leave our life that we worked hard to create in such a short time together but he knew raising a child would be better in the States. Good schools there cost a ton of money and healthcare would be expensive for a baby and all of their hospital visits they need for vaccinations. I'm just happy we did it and survived the "tough" part and that finally Avery (my now 4 month old) will have his father and Miguel will have his son :)

7 months & 5 days

The sacrifices we make as parents are amazing and God sees our hearts and blesses those who bless others. You blessed your son by putting him first. You made a big sacrifice and He gave you the strength and the knowledge to continue even though it hasn't been easy. And you could have done nothing to help others along the way, but you chose to continue to help, even through your own struggles and pain. God will honor and bless you and all of us who continue to support and encourage one another. I truly believe this and am thankful. Hang in there Avery's mom. It will all be victorious very soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The difference is that "in extensa" is the long version of the birth certificate, and it has information about the parents like full name and "cedula" number. The short version of the birth certificate, is used for school, passports, cedula ext. The In extensa version can be used for the schools etc as well...and both can be legalized.

ok ...I am curious now. is the long form birth certificate only required from DR? My husband's birth certificate is just the normal size.

my question might be silly but I thought I should ask.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

ok ...I am curious now. is the long form birth certificate only required from DR? My husband's birth certificate is just the normal size.

It depends on the country. I think most have just one available birth certificate. It sounds like the DR has two different birth certificate forms. The embassy website specifices the long version (http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1_instructions-new.html).

All the Mumbai consulate says is bring the original birth certificate. Couldn't find any useful guidance for the US embassy in Delhi.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

It is a good question, I guess it depends on each country's laws...but, in the DR, they are 2 types, the in extensa and the short version. The short version is called an abstract of birth certificate and it only says the name of the child and the name of the parents and ID number of each and nationality.. The inextensa says who declares the child, name and id numbers of parents, profession of each and home address, and if they are married or not.

I can't talk about other countries' laws, but the inextensa birth certificate's information from the DR is the same as one should be write on the G-325A about the parents.

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for this info! I'm also in this AP. I went ahead and contacted my senator who has helped me before. I'm hoping to hear something about what's happening.

I'm wondering about the passport status. I checked on usa travel docs for the status of my fiancé passport and nothing came up. Is that normal?

Thanks for this info! I'm also in this AP. I went ahead and contacted my senator who has helped me before. I'm hoping to hear something about what's happening.

I'm wondering about the passport status. I checked on usa travel docs for the status of my fiancé passport and nothing came up. Is that normal?

Well you just had your interview last week so it could still be processing, what information did they give you at the interview?

7 months & 5 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well you just had your interview last week so it could still be processing, what information did they give you at the interview?

He got a white paper that says more processing is required. He also said everything looks okay to him though. I'm thinking that must be a good sign?

He got a white paper that says more processing is required. He also said everything looks okay to him though. I'm thinking that must be a good sign?

Yeah, it sounds like he had everything for the interview. His AP sounds like it's the background check kind. Find out what's the average timeframe to receive the visa from others from his country and if that time passes you could start making calls and sending emails. Best of luck!

7 months & 5 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.