unsmiley

One in eight undocumented immigrants in the U.S. now has a white-collar job

55 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So proof that they are taking our jobs in this terrible economy... So time to stop the lie about illegals only doing the jobs that Americans don't wanna do. That is just pure bunk.

http://fusion.net/story/110023/one-in-eight-undocumented-immigrants-now-has-a-white-collar-gig/

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It also debunks the theory that illegals don't work, live off the public dole and don't pay taxes.

So proof that they are taking our jobs in this terrible economy... So time to stop the lie about illegals only doing the jobs that Americans don't wanna do. That is just pure bunk.

http://fusion.net/story/110023/one-in-eight-undocumented-immigrants-now-has-a-white-collar-gig/

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Since no one is forced to immigrate to the US, going through the ringer is a consequence of the voluntary decision to do so. The case could also be made that LPRs steal jobs from real Americans.

Pulling up the ladder is so unbecoming.

It's disgusting that legal "aliens" are put through the ringer and these fraudsters steal jobs from USCs and LPRs.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I mean those words with love and humility Janelle :)

I have no time for illegal fraudsters. NO TIME.

I understand your frustration. I have been trying to get my husband here since 2012. If he had come here illegally, we could have had a baby by now, he could have had a job, there are soooo many could haves at this point. I am highly disappointed in the U.S. government.

Timeline

The British call it 'Pull up the ladder Jack'...

(originally: "[blip] you, Jack, I'm all right!!" - described the bitter dismay of sailors ("jacks") returning home after wartime in the Navy to find themselves not treated as patriots or heroes, but ignored / sneered at by a selfish, complacent, get-ahead society - phrase was subsequently toned down for acceptable general use.)
Attitude of "every man for himself, survival of the fittest, devil take the hindmost", ... but also, that all the possible advantages (however gained), success (however won) and satisfaction (whatever the cost to others) belong to me first!" Narrow-focus, narrow-gauge pseudo-Darwinian selfishness glorified as a sensible philosophy of society and life.
People who find it hard to say "I'm all right Jack!" outright, say to anyone they find no longer useful: "I'm trying to get my life in order right now, so can you respect that, please?!..." (just before they throw themselves laughing into more fun and merry chaos!)

Ouch! Kind of harsh.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It also debunks the theory that illegals don't work, live off the public dole and don't pay taxes.

They don't work, usually the female sits home and collects welfare, this is tradition

Many don't pay taxes either, we have had this discussion many times, they have taken over jobs that Americans used to do and do it for half price or less and usually deliver a poor product and don't pay taxes

I understand your frustration. I have been trying to get my husband here since 2012. If he had come here illegally, we could have had a baby by now, he could have had a job, there are soooo many could haves at this point. I am highly disappointed in the U.S. government.

And you have every right to be disappointed, without some politically correct asshat coming along and telling you to shut your mouth.

And you have every right to be disappointed, without some politically correct asshat coming along and telling you to shut your mouth.

I am not quiet about. I have emailed every politician I can. They will hear my voice until I finish this dreadful process. And they will hear my voice even after that. I cannot forget my fellow mates who are still suffering through the immigration system.

Hopefully when the Republican's gain control of the House and Senate they will fight to make E-Verify mandatory and impose heavy fines and penalties for American business owners who knowingly employ illegals.

Could we be so hopeful? I doubt it. They benefit as well. They will do nothing.

Timeline

I think you're comparing apple to oranges. You have every reason to be frustrated because your husband's visa is taking an obscene amount of time, on the account of AP. I don't believe anyone will dispute that, but on a positive note you hold the US government responsible and not other immigrants. In fact I never saw you take your frustration on others whose process began after yours and whose spouses are already stateside. If anything, you have kept your vantage point unchanged and you're not one to take your frustration on the wrong people.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Those were campaign promises, not actual plans...

Hopefully when the Republican's gain control of the House and Senate they will fight to make E-Verify mandatory and impose heavy fines and penalties for American business owners who knowingly employ illegals.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org