ilngrl777

N-400 April 2015 Filers

1,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

MERICO61609's info added, e-Money's info updated!

N-400: April 2015 Applicants
======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

ilngrl777........|05/16/09|03/27|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Antonio,TX
DC85.............|06/26/12|03/28|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Washington,DC

DARIO2012........|06/26/12|03/30|04/06|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

dchamero.........|11/10/08|03/30|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX

UK_Fan...........|06/25/12|03/31|04/06|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Louisville,KY

blue_angel_29....|09/02/09|03/31|04/07|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

Minya'swife......|02/13/08|03/31|04/06|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

LA11Z............|06/23/12|03/31|04/06|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark,NJ

MERICO61609(Dad).|--/--/--|04/07|04/--|04/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta,GA

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

e-Money..........|05/27/09|04/02|04/08|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Denver,CO

truestorybro.....|06/24/10|04/03|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA

karlee...........|07/09/09|04/06|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Phoenix,AZ

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
6. Make changes and Add Reply.
7. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:

GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting

In Line: Date you received e-notification about your interview date
YellowLtr: Date you received the yellow letter in the mail. This is not your interview letter!
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Intview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

2015 US Passport Application Tracker List

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

somebody please assure me that on the naturalization certificate they will use your biometrics photo and not the one we had to send in. mine turned out horrible :(

Most of the time they use the biometrics photo. In some cases they use the photos you submitted with the application. If you're worried, take two new photos with you to the interview.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

all right guys...my window will be open on april 29 2015.

i have few questions.

i got my green card for 10 years in virginia and now i have moved to atlanta.

all my mails still goes to virginia. i havent changed my address yet.

and what all documents do we have to send.

i m filing under 3 year rule.

i have aall the tax returns , copy of green card,

and bank which we were dealing with has been closed now.so i have a new acoount but my wife is not added as a joint in that yet. we have insurance together,

so i dont know what all documents to send.

should i just add myself and my wife on the lease here in atlanta and move my insurance to the new address or let be like that and file from thr .thats a family house in virgina

You'll need all that stuff for the interview, but you won't have to send it all in with the application... just send in what is lested on the checklist.

Regarding your address; you live in Georgia, so just make sure that you have Georgia identification and something to show that you are residing there... you have to have lived in Georgia for 90 days before your application.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

thanks e-Money, appreciate your confirmation : )

For physical presence, do they keep counting days after filing N-400 or the number written on the form is the definite one?

In other words, should I worry about the days I spend out from now on?

you need to meet the requirements at the time of filing and until the oath. The only exception is you can file 90 days before your 3/5 years anniversary.

Not correct. As I recently found out, the physical presence requirement only applies up to the date of filing.

Having said that, if you are close to the cut-off you may have a hard time due to continuous residence. Also, there is another applicant who had a hard time due to physical presence even though the law states that days after filing do not count.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Most of the time they use the biometrics photo. In some cases they use the photos you submitted with the application. If you're worried, take two new photos with you to the interview.

Besides... I don't know why are you so concerned about the picture on the certificate. Unless you plan to hang it on the wall, it is a document that you are not going to use ever (well... almost ever), I would be more concerned with the picture on your passport, but for that, make sure you submit a nice one when you apply for it :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Besides... I don't know why are you so concerned about the picture on the certificate. Unless you plan to hang it on the wall, it is a document that you are not going to use ever (well... almost ever), I would be more concerned with the picture on your passport, but for that, make sure you submit a nice one when you apply for it :)

i might petition my parents later on...

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the reply jimmy.... However what if I don't change my address to Georgia and just apply from thr.... Where I have my license and insurance from.... Will that matter....

Thing is I got my green card from Virginia.... After applying for ROC I moved to North Carolina... To the same company I work for in VA.... And now I m for the same company in Georgia.... But I have my insurance and license from North Carolina..... Is it ok to apply from Virginia or North Carolina.... As both places where I lived are family houses.... And I trust the people with the documents thr..... Will thr be any problem if I aplly from North Carolina as I been living thr for more thn 4 months

Timeline

Thanks for the reply jimmy.... However what if I don't change my address to Georgia and just apply from thr.... Where I have my license and insurance from.... Will that matter....

Thing is I got my green card from Virginia.... After applying for ROC I moved to North Carolina... To the same company I work for in VA.... And now I m for the same company in Georgia.... But I have my insurance and license from North Carolina..... Is it ok to apply from Virginia or North Carolina.... As both places where I lived are family houses.... And I trust the people with the documents thr..... Will thr be any problem if I aplly from North Carolina as I been living thr for more thn 4 months

What is you state of residence? You are required to apply in the state in which you reside. Where do uou work or go to school or spend most of your time? That's where you need to apply.

nakhle, on 08 Apr 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:snapback.png

thanks e-Money, appreciate your confirmation : )

For physical presence, do they keep counting days after filing N-400 or the number written on the form is the definite one?

In other words, should I worry about the days I spend out from now on?

DC85, on 08 Apr 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:snapback.png

you need to meet the requirements at the time of filing and until the oath. The only exception is you can file 90 days before your 3/5 years anniversary.

Not correct. As I recently found out, the physical presence requirement only applies up to the date of filing.

Having said that, if you are close to the cut-off you may have a hard time due to continuous residence. Also, there is another applicant who had a hard time due to physical presence even though the law states that days after filing do not count.

Yes Jimmy that's what I understood as well. I've read around that it was even ok to take a job overseas after filing as long as one makes it to the biometrics, interview and oath dates.

Isn't continuous residence = maintaining address in the US and bank account etc...? Traveling for periods less than 6 months shouldn't interfere in principal especially after filing (I'm assuming).

So the fact that the applicants you mentioned had hard times could be due to other reasons. Also it depends what does "having a hard time" mean. Did it end up OK in the end?

Timeline

nakhle, on 08 Apr 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:snapback.png

DC85, on 08 Apr 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes Jimmy that's what I understood as well. I've read around that it was even ok to take a job overseas after filing as long as one makes it to the biometrics, interview and oath dates.

Isn't continuous residence = maintaining address in the US and bank account etc...? Traveling for periods less than 6 months shouldn't interfere in principal especially after filing (I'm assuming).

So the fact that the applicants you mentioned had hard times could be due to other reasons. Also it depends what does "having a hard time" mean. Did it end up OK in the end?

It's not true the trips under six months will not affect your application. Trips under six months can break continuous residency depending on the circumstances.

Continuous residency is not just maintaining an address and having a bank account in the US It is actually residing in the US. Maintaining an address and having a bank account can be used as supporting evidence to demonstrate compliance with the requirement, but if you have an address and a bank account in the US but you're effectively working and living abroad, you will fail the continuous residence test.

If you were close to the physical presence requirements I would advise you very strongly not to travel after filing your N400. If you have spent half your time as a permanent resident outside of the US, then your interviewer can easily deny your application based on failure to meet the continuous residency requirement. If you take a job outside the US after filing, then you're effectively stating that you have abandoned your permanent residency and you can easily be denied. While the Physical presence requirement is clearly spelled out, the continuous residence requirement is much more subjective. It sounds like you have a borderline case and to be honest I think if you travel you're going to be pushing your luck.

Regarding the applicants I mentioned, they were either denied or had delays in their application because of the physical presence requirement, not because of anything else. This stemmed from a lack of understanding on behalf of the interviewer. One case is still pending; That is the case I just read about recently. The other case, which is my friends case, the interviewer basically changed the reason for the denial from physical presence to continuous residency. My friend ended up applying a few months later and was approved.

Edited by JimmyHou

It's not true the trips under six months will not affect your application. Trips under six months can break continuous residency depending on the circumstances.

Continuous residency is not just maintaining an address and having a bank account in the US It is actually residing in the US. Maintaining an address and having a bank account can be used as supporting evidence to demonstrate compliance with the requirement, but if you have an address and a bank account in the US but you're effectively working and living abroad, you will fail the continuous residence test.

If you were close to the physical presence requirements I would advise you very strongly not to travel after filing your N400. If you have spent half your time as a permanent resident outside of the US, then your interviewer can easily deny your application based on failure to meet the continuous residency requirement. If you take a job outside the US after filing, then you're effectively stating that you have abandoned your permanent residency and you can easily be denied. While the Physical presence requirement is clearly spelled out, the continuous residence requirement is much more subjective. It sounds like you have a borderline case and to be honest I think if you travel you're going to be pushing your luck.

Regarding the applicants I mentioned, they were either denied or had delays in their application because of the physical presence requirement, not because of anything else. This stemmed from a lack of understanding on behalf of the interviewer. One case is still pending; That is the case I just read about recently. The other case, which is my friends case, the interviewer basically changed the reason for the denial from physical presence to continuous residency. My friend ended up applying a few months later and was approved.

Thanks for the advice. Just to be clear, I'm not taking any job overseas, it's just a case that I read about. I'm a freelancer and I travel a lot for work not for tourism or unjustified reasons. I have approached my physical presence limit but all my trips are justified as work-related and essential for self-support. I don't know if that is taken into consideration.

Do you think they check beforehand the in and out dates or this will be figured out at the time of the interview?

I will have to leave after the biometrics but then will be back soon and will try to delay any travel up until the oath.

Timeline

Thanks for the advice. Just to be clear, I'm not taking any job overseas, it's just a case that I read about. I'm a freelancer and I travel a lot for work not for tourism or unjustified reasons. I have approached my physical presence limit but all my trips are justified as work-related and essential for self-support. I don't know if that is taken into consideration.

Do you think they check beforehand the in and out dates or this will be figured out at the time of the interview?

I will have to leave after the biometrics but then will be back soon and will try to delay any travel up until the oath.

They usually just check at the time of the interview. They'll ask you if you've been on any trips since you applied and they'll look at your passport stamps. A couple of VJ members have said that their interviewer was able to pull up their CBP travel record on his screen during the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

truestorybro's info updated!

N-400: April 2015 Applicants
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

ilngrl777........|05/16/09|03/27|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Antonio,TX
DC85.............|06/26/12|03/28|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Washington,DC

DARIO2012........|06/26/12|03/30|04/06|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

dchamero.........|11/10/08|03/30|04/02|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Dallas,TX

UK_Fan...........|06/25/12|03/31|04/06|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Louisville,KY

blue_angel_29....|09/02/09|03/31|04/07|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

Minya'swife......|02/13/08|03/31|04/06|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Houston,TX

LA11Z............|06/23/12|03/31|04/06|04/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark,NJ

MERICO61609(Dad).|--/--/--|04/07|04/--|04/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Atlanta,GA

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

e-Money..........|05/27/09|04/02|04/08|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Denver,CO

truestorybro.....|06/24/10|04/03|04/09|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|San Francisco, CA

karlee...........|07/09/09|04/06|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Phoenix,AZ

USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)

Name.............|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??, ??

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
6. Make changes and Add Reply.
7. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:

GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting

In Line: Date you received e-notification about your interview date
YellowLtr: Date you received the yellow letter in the mail. This is not your interview letter!
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Intview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

2015 US Passport Application Tracker List

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.