Tux_1987

F1 student, now looking for AOS and LPR

11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

as a brief introduction to the situation:

came to the US end of 2011 on a F1 student Visa, last time i left the US was in the beginning of 2012 never left since. Fast forward to 2014, got engaged in March, married in October and am now looking into doing the paperwork for AOS and EAD. my current F1 allows me to continue to work until 7/15/15.

My spouse is a US citizen (obviously ;) )

i looked at the guide for what to do but it's catered towards K1 scenarios.

looking at the paperwork i have a items that confused me:

-do i need to do the visit to the surgeon before filing the 485, 130, 131 and 768 form?

-could not find my vaccination record, do i have to do all of them again?

-our combined income is sadly just slightly above, do i need an afidavid of support and does my income count?

-how long does is usually take to get the EAD before the LPR and how long is that valid? I do have a job offer for the next career-step but it will depend on the Card...i know stupid...

-the new job will require frequent travel outside the country,

-any tips on how to make it easy for the people at the NVC to have few to no delays?

read a bit in the forums but mostly everyone seems to be doing the Fiance path, was it a wrong move to marry on F1?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we've a guide for that - are you on a PC? Click the word 'Guides' at the top, and study.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You don't follow the guide for those adjusting from a K-1. You follow the guide for marrying and adjusting while already in the US on some other type of visa. That would be this one > http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 1 month later...

finally having all the documents together, now for another question that arose. Do i include the I-693 envelopes on the initial submission?

finally having all the documents together, now for another question that arose. Do i include the I-693 envelopes on the initial submission?

So you want to keep it?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Just send it to avoid RFE.

N400

• 1 month later...

Send everything in one box. Thank you for your help so far guys.

After about 3 weeks i now got a letter "request for initial evidence(485)"

there seem to have been a problem with the I-864 form. maybe i did not understand correctly but on the form it said that the income of the benefitiary could be counted too. My wife's and my income was over the 125% threshold mentioned in the info sheet to the form.

Are we not able to count my income towards the minimum?

My current work permit expires mid july, could that be a problem?

Will the processing of the concurently filed EAD be delayed?

sadly today is saturday and they are closed, i will call them on monday, any tips and or hints will be greatly appreciated.

You cannot use your income if you can't prove your income will be from same source. And in your case, your F1 opt ead will end shortly, and in USCIS perspective, your income will not be from same source anymore when your opt ends (legit company would not hire someone with expired ead.)

You should look for joint sponsor to avoid delay. RFE will pause your EAD processing. Good luck.

N400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Send everything in one box. Thank you for your help so far guys.

After about 3 weeks i now got a letter "request for initial evidence(485)"

there seem to have been a problem with the I-864 form. maybe i did not understand correctly but on the form it said that the income of the benefitiary could be counted too. My wife's and my income was over the 125% threshold mentioned in the info sheet to the form.

Are we not able to count my income towards the minimum?

My current work permit expires mid july, could that be a problem?

Will the processing of the concurently filed EAD be delayed?

sadly today is saturday and they are closed, i will call them on monday, any tips and or hints will be greatly appreciated.

Is your wife's income alone over the 125%? If not, you need a joint sponsor.

• 1 month later...

Got the letter for the aos interview, does anyone have experience iin rescheduling it? On the interview date I will be in training for the new Job I am starting a week before the interview and am not able to miss a day in training. The whole training will be about 2 month.

Also in the letter it states to bring a birth certificate and copies and originals for all supporting evidence - does that mean supporting docs for the i-485?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.