iamtoddlee

SPONSOR FOR K1 VISA

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I AM WORRIED ABOUT MY FIANCE VISA BEING DENIED BECUASE I NEED TO HAVE A SPONSOR

I DONT MAKE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE POVERTY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS

I WAS TOLD THAT MY FIANCE VISA WOULD BE DENIED WHEN IT GOES TO THE US EMBASSY IN THE PHILIPPINES BECUASE THEY WONT ACCEPT SPONSORS AND I NEED A SPONSOR SO WHAT CAN I DO?

Edited by iamtoddlee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Co-sponsors are accepted on a case by case basis in Manila. It will depend on your situation.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Philippines regional - topic specific to interviewing in Manila ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

US embassy Manila prefers that the joint sponsor for K1 is an immediate kin of the petitioner (ex: parent or sibling).

If it fails, you can take the spousal route. In the IR1/CR1 category, the joint sponsor can be anybody (relative or friend) as long as they meet the requirements.

Good luck!

Joint sponsors have been allowed on a case by case basis in the past for K-1 visas.

Just as an aside, is there any particular reason all your posts are all in CAPS?

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

@manilaraf Sorry about the caps i just usually use them a lot i guess - its not becuase im angry.

Someone posted that the sponsor should be my relatives or my family - Im sure none of them will sponsor for me plus they live far away from me.

Why cant it be a best friend?

Can my parents be a sponsor if they are older and retired? They dont make much money.

Does the sponsor have to make poverty level requirements also?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

@manilaraf Sorry about the caps i just usually use them a lot i guess - its not becuase im angry.

Someone posted that the sponsor should be my relatives or my family - Im sure none of them will sponsor for me plus they live far away from me.

Why cant it be a best friend?

Can my parents be a sponsor if they are older and retired? They dont make much money.

Does the sponsor have to make poverty level requirements also?

USEM does not have to accept a co-sponsor with the K-1 visa (the embassy does have to accept a qualified co-sponsor, doesn't even have to be family, with an immigrant visa such as the IR/CR-1 spousal visa), but when then do accept a co-sponsor with the K-1 they want it to be a close relative - parents, siblings are best. Age isn't relevant, as long as they are of legal age. The co-sponsors income must meet the same 125% poverty guidelines as the sponsor.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Looks like i wont be able to bring her here then my parents and my brother are against her coming here so they wont sponsor.

Ive been divorced twice from asain women (one Thia and one Filipina) and they dont want me getting hurt again they told me - so they dont want me to marry another asain woman.

There is no way i can afford to go back to the Philippines to marry her there either so im screwed!

Edited by iamtoddlee

Sorry you are having issues, I am sure your family are just trying to protect you and think this is the only way they can do this.

I know this isn't for everyone but could you move there instead?

It might be a way to show your family this will work so that in the future they might be willing to cosponsor in the future?

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Timeline

I'm tryng to find a job but its hard when you live in a small town and there just isnt anything out there.

No i cant move to the Philippines i have a son to take care of - me and my ex wife have joint custody - moving there would devastate my son he loves his dad very much - hes only 9 years old he wont understand.

Besides that i dont think disability RSDI would pay me if i left the country.

Filed: Timeline

I'm tryng to find a job but its hard when you live in a small town and there just isnt anything out there.

No i cant move to the Philippines i have a son to take care of - me and my ex wife have joint custody - moving there would devastate my son he loves his dad very much - hes only 9 years old he wont understand.

Besides that i dont think disability RSDI would pay me if i left the country.

What about moving to a larger city to find work?

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to assume you already talked to your fiancée about your financial situation. It might be prudent to delay the K1 process (your fiancée should understand), until you get a job if you don't have anyone willing to sponsor or assets to meet the poverty level at this time. Life are full of hard choices that one has to make, and you will have to decide what is in your best interest. Personally I would wait until my financial situation get better, but that's just me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.