TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Dear John:

Thank you for writing. The United States is a nation of immigrants who strive to achieve the American dream. However, this country’s immigration system has been broken for a very long time, and too often it has an unfair and burdensome impact on the individuals it was meant to assist. Emails like yours underscore the hardships created by this system, and they show we must do more to fix it.

People shouldn’t have to worry about spending years stuck in line or separated from loved ones, and law‑abiding families shouldn’t have to live in constant fear of being torn apart. America didn’t raise the Statue of Liberty with her back to the world—we did it with her light shining as a beacon to the world, because we were strangers once, too.

No matter who we were or where we came from—whether we fled famine, war, or persecution; whether we had the right documents or particular skills; whether we were wealthy or poor—we shared the hope that America would be the place where we could finally build a better life for ourselves, our children, and future generations. Everyone deserves that opportunity, and I want you to know I am going to keep fighting for people like you.

To learn more about the steps I am taking to help bring relief to those suffering from the consequences of a broken immigration system, visitwww.WhiteHouse.gov/Immigration-Action. To contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or get information about a current USCIS case, visit www.USCIS.gov or call 1‑800‑375‑5283. For problems with a USCIS application or petition, you can also contact the USCIS Ombudsman atwww.DHS.gov/Case-Assistance. For information on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, visit www.ICE.gov or call 1‑888‑351‑4024. For help with visa processing, eligibility, waivers, and other inquiries, visit USVisas.State.gov.

Military families can call 1‑877‑247‑4645 for help with immigration‑related questions. Information on jobs, child care, health benefits, housing assistance, and other public resources available to those in need can be found at 1‑800‑FED‑INFO or www.USA.gov.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

This is an email reply from the President, wont let me show the motif or such on here, but this is a genuine email just received from the President to my husband . Doesnt help us much though does it!!! :(

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I've read of this sheet being included with RFE's. They don't want anything from china, they're just saying submit anything related to crimes if you have a record. If you have no record you just respond with a letter signed and dated saying you have no records in USA to include.

wow ,really ? I have never read this thing before ,are you sure I can just submit a explanation letter says I have no records in USA ? I heard a lady saying that she had to go to two police office to get 2 no criminal record because her husband has two houses and located in different area . I am really worried about how to do this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

wow ,really ? I have never read this thing before ,are you sure I can just submit a explanation letter says I have no records in USA ? I heard a lady saying that she had to go to two police office to get 2 no criminal record because her husband has two houses and located in different area . I am really worried about how to do this

I've seen just a letter of explanation and i've seen the police record, I can guarantee you they're not talking about a police record from China, just the state you live in. If you can get it within 30 days i'd do it just to have more evidence

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

i called them ,they said they are wanting those from me ,not my husband .I asked them do they need one from china and one from my local police office ?they said if i have questions about what letter ask me to do ,I should get a immagration lawyer ,or go request an appointment at my local field office to ask the details .My case isnt at my local field office ,and I dont think we have time to do that either ,They remind me that i have to submit evidence within 30 days .I dont

know where to start with .it says "if no court records are found ,then submit a notice from the felony and misdemeanor divisions of each court"

I've read of this sheet being included with RFE's. They don't want anything from china, they're just saying submit anything related to crimes if you have a record. If you have no record you just respond with a letter signed and dated saying you have no records in USA to include.

I feel like I can give some clarity to this issue. First and foremost, you the petitioner ARE the applicant. So it's all about you, and not your husband. Secondly, there's a question on the DS form that asks about prior convictions, charges, court appearances, and it states that IF you have any of those things, even if charges were dropped, you will need to provide the documents showing what happened and how it ended up from the court. This isn't your Chinese police clearance that you needed for your K1 interview. I'd go with Sweetswinks' advice and just write something up saying you have no police record here. Maybe send your expired Chinese police clearance, and be done with it. People in the K1 forum have asked if they need police clearance for when they've been in the USA, and we really don't have that here. That's what the background checks are for when they go through our applications.

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline

I think they are asking for I-693 that relates to positive TB and it could be some treatments that had been done after your surgeon marked positive TB. I am not sure whether you had completed your vaccinations. MMR, Td or TDap, Varicella, and flu shot ( depending on flu season) are required by CDC.

Police record is weird, but can you check again whether you accidently check the criminal section in the form?

If not, then you can submit a copy of police record from China even it had been expired. You can also go to police station in your city ( USA ) and ask for police record. However, I dont know how long will it take to obtain it.

Thank you very much ,I had completed all those shots ,some done right before k1 ,and more completed before I filed I-485.I had done the medical FORM I-693 in April 2014,so it has been expired .I never was told about positive TB by any doctor .I am getting a little confused ,do you think I won't need a new medical done ? Is uscis not asking for the new medical in this letter ? My husband is busy and gone a lot ,I have to figure out a lot of things by myself .I will find the copy of the forms I submitted ,but I doubt I checked criminal section

Dear John:
Thank you for writing. The United States is a nation of immigrants who strive to achieve the American dream. However, this country’s immigration system has been broken for a very long time, and too often it has an unfair and burdensome impact on the individuals it was meant to assist. Emails like yours underscore the hardships created by this system, and they show we must do more to fix it.
People shouldn’t have to worry about spending years stuck in line or separated from loved ones, and law‑abiding families shouldn’t have to live in constant fear of being torn apart. America didn’t raise the Statue of Liberty with her back to the world—we did it with her light shining as a beacon to the world, because we were strangers once, too.
No matter who we were or where we came from—whether we fled famine, war, or persecution; whether we had the right documents or particular skills; whether we were wealthy or poor—we shared the hope that America would be the place where we could finally build a better life for ourselves, our children, and future generations. Everyone deserves that opportunity, and I want you to know I am going to keep fighting for people like you.
To learn more about the steps I am taking to help bring relief to those suffering from the consequences of a broken immigration system, visitwww.WhiteHouse.gov/Immigration-Action. To contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or get information about a current USCIS case, visit www.USCIS.gov or call 1‑800‑375‑5283. For problems with a USCIS application or petition, you can also contact the USCIS Ombudsman atwww.DHS.gov/Case-Assistance. For information on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, visit www.ICE.gov or call 1‑888‑351‑4024. For help with visa processing, eligibility, waivers, and other inquiries, visit USVisas.State.gov.
Military families can call 1‑877‑247‑4645 for help with immigration‑related questions. Information on jobs, child care, health benefits, housing assistance, and other public resources available to those in need can be found at 1‑800‑FED‑INFO or www.USA.gov.
Sincerely,
Barack Obama
This is an email reply from the President, wont let me show the motif or such on here, but this is a genuine email just received from the President to my husband . Doesnt help us much though does it!!! :(

This is kinda cool. I can't imagine he actually wrote it; it's filled with a heap of rhetoric, but cool that it was sent, nonetheless.

K1 Visa timeline:

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

This is kinda cool. I can't imagine he actually wrote it; it's filled with a heap of rhetoric, but cool that it was sent, nonetheless.

Yeah my husband sent an email last week apparently and didn't tell me, he just got a reply. I will use the copy of this for the ombudsman after all doesn't the President state if we have an issue with the USCIS we should contact the ombudsman? I wonder if this will make any one take notice, rather than a service request or info pass?

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, medical done. one down. Tax return (will have both mine and my US husbands taxes as we filed jointly) and marriage certificate (although they have a certified copy of the certificate already)is easy, two done. But...I sent an e-mail to my ex husband who has the kids in Canada, and he has not responded. I am almost certain he won't send them, as he is an ####### that way. My kids did not immigrate with me, and were not included as "to Follow" so not sure why they need them, unless they are looking for my husbands daughter's? Either way, we will send all of them if I can get them, and if not, I will send a letter stating that my ex husband refuses to send copies of my children's.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Timeline

I feel like I can give some clarity to this issue. First and foremost, you the petitioner ARE the applicant. So it's all about you, and not your husband. Secondly, there's a question on the DS form that asks about prior convictions, charges, court appearances, and it states that IF you have any of those things, even if charges were dropped, you will need to provide the documents showing what happened and how it ended up from the court. This isn't your Chinese police clearance that you needed for your K1 interview. I'd go with Sweetswinks' advice and just write something up saying you have no police record here. Maybe send your expired Chinese police clearance, and be done with it. People in the K1 forum have asked if they need police clearance for when they've been in the USA, and we really don't have that here. That's what the background checks are for when they go through our applications.

Thank you ,I never had anything to do with the court here .I took husband surname after married but we did that on the wedding .If he would be back and be able to take me to local police to get a no criminal record ,we will do that ,If we can't ,I will submit a letter like you guys said to tell them I have no record here before the due date .Feel a little relieved now ,thanks everyone

Okay, medical done. one down. Tax return (will have both mine and my US husbands taxes as we filed jointly) and marriage certificate (although they have a certified copy of the certificate already)is easy, two done. But...I sent an e-mail to my ex husband who has the kids in Canada, and he has not responded. I am almost certain he won't send them, as he is an ####### that way. My kids did not immigrate with me, and were not included as "to Follow" so not sure why they need them, unless they are looking for my husbands daughter's? Either way, we will send all of them if I can get them, and if not, I will send a letter stating that my ex husband refuses to send copies of my children's.

The birth certificates for children who aren't minors is weird to me. Did you list them on the K1?

K1 Visa timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The birth certificates for children who aren't minors is weird to me. Did you list them on the K1?

My three children are minors, at least till the end of this month then one will be 18. They were listed as minors but not as To follow so not sure why they are needed at all. It didn't ask for them on the F1 originally that I recall. I could be mistaken but will look at my packages and maybe I have a copy in there.

K1 - Complete
05/01/2011 - Met online
09/15/2011 - Met in person
11/12/2011 - Became engaged
07/09/2012 - Finally got to put His Ring on my finger
02/04/2013 - Mailed off my documents to my fiance
02/13/2013 - Fiance received my documents
03/30/2013 - I-129F sent
04/05/2013 - NOA 1
07/10/2013 - File Transferred to Texas
07/24/2013 - NOA 2
08/23/2013 - USCIS-NVC - Case number received
08/27/2013 - NVC-Consulate
09/03/2013 - Packet 3
09/04/2013 - Packet 4
09/10/2013 - Medical (Passed)
09/12/2013 - Interview (Approved)
09/17/2013 - Visa in hand
11/02/2013 - Border crossing at Sweetgrass completed
11/05/2013 - Arrived in San Antonio
11/16/2013 - Married in San Antonio

Adjustment of Status

04/25/2014 - AOS packaged mailed to Chicago Lock Box.

05/15/2014 - NoA1 received for Aos and EA. AP rejected.

06/16/2014 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/2014 - EA card now in production.

07/10/2014 - EA Card received. YAY JOB HUNTING

08/13/2014 - Letter received staging possible interview waiver and no action for antoher 6 months

03/03/2015 - Apparently we are still within normal processing times and need to wait 87 days

04/27/2015 - RFE - Renew medical, Send some other documents

05/04/2015 - Medical redone

05/07/2015 - RFE request sent back to USCIS

05/08/2015 - RFE request received at USCIS

05/11/2015 - Green card IN PRODUCTION!!!!

05/11/2015 - Welcome letter Mailed!

05/14/2015 - Welcome Letter Received

05/18/2015 - Green Card Received!! FINALLY!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my gc is coming to town... Oh good Lord thank you soo much..... June filer here did 2 SR and called USCIS once..

my_logo.png
Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

On May 4, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1491238xxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my gc is coming to town... Oh good Lord thank you soo much..... June filer here did 2 SR and called USCIS once.. and also file reuest at CIS ombudsman...telling me to wait 60days dated march 18 2015

my_logo.png

On May 4, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1491238xxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

also my daughter gc

Edited by mymarley

My three children are minors, at least till the end of this month then one will be 18. They were listed as minors but not as To follow so not sure why they are needed at all. It didn't ask for them on the F1 originally that I recall. I could be mistaken but will look at my packages and maybe I have a copy in there.

Oh. Ok. Maybe it's a preemptive situation where they need them just in case they follow later? IDK how that works at all. My husband's only child, who was 9 when we began this, came with him. I know it's another country, but I just ordered my son's BC online from Michigan, and it was easy and quick.

my gc is coming to town... Oh good Lord thank you soo much..... June filer here did 2 SR and called USCIS once..

my_logo.png

Congrats! That's exciting, and quick, comparatively. ;)

K1 Visa timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.