nicebol

wife petition

9 posts in this topic

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everybody;

I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do on my case.

I got married on March 6, 2015 and I'm about to start the process for petition of my wife.

I got forms I-130 and G-325A ready to send but according with the support documentation we need bank joint bank accounts or a lease together.

She lives in Colombia and we do not have anything on our names. We have been talking over the Internet for about 2 or 3 years. I know her since we were kids and saw her about 3 years ago and that is when we started talking. last December I went to see her and we became a couple and decided to ask her to marry me, like i said we got a civil marriage and we will have a Catholic wedding in august.

can you tell me what kind of documents do I need to send to proof our marriage?

Should I wait until our catholic wedding?

Is it necessary a lawyer for this petition?

Thank you for your help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
Note: Evidence of a Bonifide Marriage
The USCIS now requires that when filing an I-130 for a spouse that you include evidence of a bonifide marriage. They list examples of acceptable evidence as: 1. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or 2. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or 3. Documentation showing co-mingling of financialresources; or 4. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, thepetitioner, and your spouse together; or 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties havingpersonal knowledge of the bona fides of the maritalrelationship (Each affidavit must contain the full nameand address, date and place of birth of the person makingthe affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner ofbeneficiary, if any, and complete information and detailsexplaining how the person acquired his or herknowledge of your marriage); or 6. Any other relevant documentation to establish that thereis an ongoing marital union.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1- Visit the link

Timeline

important documentation

1. marriage cert

2. visa / air ticket etc to show that u went to meet her

3. gifts / cards etc copy

4. photos of u guys together (many photos - send 10 / 20) (photos with frens / family etc)

5. some emails / some chats / phone bills etc

Timeline

Thank you Rdahal for the information.

Do you know if the copy of those documents need to be apostille?.

Thanks again.

Thank you Rdahal for the information.

Do you know if the copy of those documents need to be apostille?.

Thanks again.

Timeline

if you have certified copies.. that's awesome

If not then dont worry. We just sent ours without certified and it was fine.

P.S : make color copies of all your documents to send to USCIS... that's better

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you very much guys for your help.

I got a new question now may be you can give me some guidance on this.

What happened is getting lay off from her job next Tuesday and I will send the petition in 2 weeks.

How should I enter her employment on the form G-325A when they said "Present time" on the first line?

Should I enter Unemployed?

The same goes for the I-130.

Thank you very much.

Try the bottom of this wiki for a list of evidence to send

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

If she is currently unemployed then put down "unemployed" and put her last employment in the appropriate place. Make sure the forms are current the day you send them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you very much guys for your help.

I got a new question now may be you can give me some guidance on this.

What happened is getting lay off from her job next Tuesday and I will send the petition in 2 weeks.

How should I enter her employment on the form G-325A when they said "Present time" on the first line?

Should I enter Unemployed?

The same goes for the I-130.

Thank you very much.

The documents must contain information about her at the time the documents are submitted.

If she is unemployed, then you put down unemployed. You would not list a job she no longer has.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bunny is right on the money, and thankfully linked what is considered proof of a bona-fide marriage ( that you married for love )

If you got a civil marriage, definitely include your marriag certificate and have it officially translated. Try to include every little thing if you can, this not the time to take short cuts.. If you can get an Affidavit of sworn statement typed up that would be great to have that from someone who attended the ceremony. Additionally things like pictures, flight tickets, western union receipts, emails, phone call logs, etc etc. Remember you also have to provide proof that your marriage is on-going.

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.