Jump to content

Bringing mother in law to help with new-born/birth

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am active duty in the Navy. My husband is from Bulgaria and my family is also in Europe. I am stationed stateside. My mother in law applied for a visitors visa last year and was denied without even having the paperwork (including the invitation letter) looked at. In 30 seconds she was told her visa was denied. At the moment I am pregnant with our first child and after one month after I give birth, my orders in this state are ending and i will be moving across the country to a new duty station with a new born. I also don't have any family here to help me during the birth or be in the delivery room with me. My husband faints when he sees blood so thats not an option. I would love to have my mother in law come here to help me with the baby and the move for 2-3 months. What can I do to convince the embassy clerks that she WILL return to her country in 2-3 months. After all she is taking care of her elderly mother in Bulgaria so she really cant stay too much here anyway. Thank you for all your answers. My mother in law is 53 years old.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What does she do that allows her so much vacaction?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to Tourist Visas from Military Immigration-Related Discussion - As this is not an Immigration question but a Visiting question.~~


Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the elderly relative is good, get letters from their doctor saying they need help.

A job she needs to go back to, and property there would help too.

Be aware of how you word things; the mother will NOT be allowed to work here, and that includes babysitting/ helping with a move, as otherwise, you might be paying a US citizen to help. However, she CAN come and visit for the birth of her grandchild.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.