gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm getting a little frustrated. Filed in March and still no NOA2. I call and get the same stuff - they are within normal processing times.

You are not alone. Tons of us are still waiting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All,

Its been awhile since I have updated here. I have been watching the thread and seeing couples arrive here in the US, apply for AOS and even begin starting families together already. Congratulations to all. :)

I started this post back on March 3rd as I was the first March filer. Since then, we have had nothing but problems and delays.

If some of you remember, we got the first RFE for the "dating site/marriage broker" issue. After 45 days or so, our petition was finally approved on June 4th. It went smoothly from CSC to the NVC and then on to the Manila embassy. We had a little bit of drama on the day that Melanie had her medical exam on July 10th, as she did not have the letter from NVC but she got on through and passed the medical exam. Shortly after, she had her interview on July 22nd and was approved and then also got her visa in hand on July 31st. A couple days later she got her CFO sticker and was then ready for travel.

During the three weeks in Manila, her mother back home in Ozamiz was having heart problems and she needed to fly home. She left most of her luggage in Manila at her brother's house and then flew home with minimal personal items, basically a carry on, as she intended to only be back home for a week or so. Mom was then hospitalized and she decided to wait awhile to come here as her sister in Manila was completing an employment contract and would be the one to take care of mom and dad when she got back home to Ozamiz on October 6th.

I had already booked a flight last month as it looked like mom would be OK for the short time until sister arrived. However, we decided to rebook and wait. The flight from Ozamiz was booked for yesterday, Saturday October 10 and her intention was to go to brothers house and repack and then fly today October 11.

This morning, in her excitement and nervousness, she was on her way to the airport and when she arrived at the airport she left her purse in the taxi. She has her baggage but in her purse is her passport/visa/CFO sticker. OH! EM! GEE!

Now we are faced with a huge challenge. Already we have had so many delays. Now need to replace the passport, then the visa and CFO sticker. Fortunately, her document package was in her carry on.

So, this is where my question come in....

1. To replace the passport, she needs to go to DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) and report it lost/stolen. There is a 15 day clearance period. So then she has anew passport but no visa.

2. Now she needs the visa. This is where we need help/advice. My guess would be that she needs to go the embassy and explain the situation. From there, they would need to reissue the visa and then they take her passport and laminate it to it and then send to the 2GO locally for pickup. In other words, repeat the process from post interview forward?

3. Next, the CFO sticker. With passport/visa in hand and record she has completed the class. Should be the easiest to fix

I am hoping it is this simple. However my biggest fear is having to begin the process all over again. So far this is the only applicable info I can find (See bottom of page):

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/lost-or-stolen-travel-documents.html

Any help, advice or insight anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Edited by gtessier

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are not alone. Tons of us are still waiting.

I agree ... We have not received anything since we got our NOA1 last March 17th ... It is frustrating but there's really nothing that we can do but to wait PATIENTLY ... Good Luck to all of us, hopefully we will hear some good news in the mail!

Timeline

Hello,

How are you guys? I already finish my biometrics for the AOS. Just waiting for the EAD approval. I want to ask if you guys were able to cover your spouse a health insurance. I called the covered California (Obama Care) and they said that my spouse cannot be covered because she is not a US citizen or a green card holder. Were you guys able to add your spouses a health insurance? Do I have to wait for her to have a green card before I can have an insurance for her?

Allan

K-1 VISA (Wife Petition)

03/07/2015 - Mailed I-129F package

03/18/2015 - Received text and email NOA1 was received

04/07/2015 - Received text and email NOA2 was approved

04/10/2015 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

04/24/2015 - NVC received our package

04/29/2015 - Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

05/01/2015 - Date package left NVC

05/04/2015 - Date received by consulate

05/14/2015 - Medical Appointment

06/02/2015 - US Embassy Interview Approved

06/10/2015 - Received US Visa from 2GO

06/15/2015 - CFO

06/17/2015 - US Arrival

07/17/2015 - Wedding Day

EAD

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

10/31/2015 - Received EAD card

AP

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

AOS

08/15/2015 - AOS Filing

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

09/21/2015 - Biometrics

11/30/2015 - Interview (Approved)

12/07/2015 - Green Card Received

***(09/1/2017 - Removal of Condition)

Hello All,

Its been awhile since I have updated here. I have been watching the thread and seeing couples arrive here in the US, apply for AOS and even begin starting families together already. Congratulations to all. :)

I started this post back on March 3rd as I was the first March filer. Since then, we have had nothing but problems and delays.

If some of you remember, we got the first RFE for the "dating site/marriage broker" issue. After 45 days or so, our petition was finally approved on June 4th. It went smoothly from CSC to the NVC and then on to the Manila embassy. We had a little bit of drama on the day that Melanie had her medical exam on July 10th, as she did not have the letter from NVC but she got on through and passed the medical exam. Shortly after, she had her interview on July 22nd and was approved and then also got her visa in hand on July 31st. A couple days later she got her CFO sticker and was then ready for travel.

During the three weeks in Manila, her mother back home in Ozamiz was having heart problems and she needed to fly home. She left most of her luggage in Manila at her brother's house and then flew home with minimal personal items, basically a carry on, as she intended to only be back home for a week or so. Mom was then hospitalized and she decided to wait awhile to come here as her sister in Manila was completing an employment contract and would be the one to take care of mom and dad when she got back home to Ozamiz on October 6th.

I had already booked a flight last month as it looked like mom would be OK for the short time until sister arrived. However, we decided to rebook and wait. The flight from Ozamiz was booked for yesterday, Saturday October 10 and her intention was to go to brothers house and repack and then fly today October 11.

This morning, in her excitement and nervousness, she was on her way to the airport and when she arrived at the airport she left her purse in the taxi. She has her baggage but in her purse is her passport/visa/CFO sticker. OH! EM! GEE!

Now we are faced with a huge challenge. Already we have had so many delays. Now need to replace the passport, then the visa and CFO sticker. Fortunately, her document package was in her carry on.

So, this is where my question come in....

1. To replace the passport, she needs to go to DFA (Department of Foreign Affairs) and report it lost/stolen. There is a 15 day clearance period. So then she has anew passport but no visa.

2. Now she needs the visa. This is where we need help/advice. My guess would be that she needs to go the embassy and explain the situation. From there, they would need to reissue the visa and then they take her passport and laminate it to it and then send to the 2GO locally for pickup. In other words, repeat the process from post interview forward?

3. Next, the CFO sticker. With passport/visa in hand and record she has completed the class. Should be the easiest to fix

I am hoping it is this simple. However my biggest fear is having to begin the process all over again. So far this is the only applicable info I can find (See bottom of page):

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/lost-or-stolen-travel-documents.html

Any help, advice or insight anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear about all the things that have been happening. I am not sure of the answers to your questions but you might want to post the question in the embassy specific forum. I hope things get better soon.

Hello everyone! We are new here. We submitted our K-1 application and it was recieved by the dreaded TSC on March, 26 2015. I'm guessing we should know something very soon. Fingers crossed!

Hi Blaine/Cristian - I have been trying to read through all of these forums but it is just getting me more and more upset. Have you guys heard anything from TSC since your submission date. We submitted on March 17 and haven't gotten anything except the first letter stating we have received it.

Other couples who have submitted around the same time are now getting their visas and getting married. I am worried something has happened, but if other people are in the same boat then I might feel a bit better that it is not just our file getting lost in the havoc that goes on at TSC. Anything helps!!!

Timeline

Sorry to hear about all the things that have been happening. I am not sure of the answers to your questions but you might want to post the question in the embassy specific forum. I hope things get better soon.

Just to tell you my sister's experience but this is on a tourist visa. She has a US tourist visa multiple entry, she went to China and she lost her passport. The US embassy said that her tourist visa is no longer valid so she have to reapply again. I just do not know if this also applies to the K1 visa. I think it is better to go to the embassy in person and ask them about the situation.

K-1 VISA (Wife Petition)

03/07/2015 - Mailed I-129F package

03/18/2015 - Received text and email NOA1 was received

04/07/2015 - Received text and email NOA2 was approved

04/10/2015 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

04/24/2015 - NVC received our package

04/29/2015 - Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

05/01/2015 - Date package left NVC

05/04/2015 - Date received by consulate

05/14/2015 - Medical Appointment

06/02/2015 - US Embassy Interview Approved

06/10/2015 - Received US Visa from 2GO

06/15/2015 - CFO

06/17/2015 - US Arrival

07/17/2015 - Wedding Day

EAD

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

10/31/2015 - Received EAD card

AP

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

AOS

08/15/2015 - AOS Filing

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

09/21/2015 - Biometrics

11/30/2015 - Interview (Approved)

12/07/2015 - Green Card Received

***(09/1/2017 - Removal of Condition)

Hello,

How are you guys? I already finish my biometrics for the AOS. Just waiting for the EAD approval. I want to ask if you guys were able to cover your spouse a health insurance. I called the covered California (Obama Care) and they said that my spouse cannot be covered because she is not a US citizen or a green card holder. Were you guys able to add your spouses a health insurance? Do I have to wait for her to have a green card before I can have an insurance for her?

Allan

I was added on my husband's health care as soon as we were married. We had to wait a couple of weeks for the kaiser card though. So to answer your question, no, you dont have to be a green card holder or a USC to be included in the health insurance of your spouse. As for Obama care, they probably have a different qualifications. Better do some more research on other health insurance available...

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi Blaine/Cristian - I have been trying to read through all of these forums but it is just getting me more and more upset. Have you guys heard anything from TSC since your submission date. We submitted on March 17 and haven't gotten anything except the first letter stating we have received it.

Other couples who have submitted around the same time are now getting their visas and getting married. I am worried something has happened, but if other people are in the same boat then I might feel a bit better that it is not just our file getting lost in the havoc that goes on at TSC. Anything helps!!!

Hi there! We got the NOA1 on march 16th from TSC and we are also waiting still. My fiancé called TSC in May and asked what was going on and at the time a lady told him that they wouldn't even look at our case until 168 days from then which is October 29th. I'm hopeful something will happen this month!

Hope this will get your hopes up :)

Our weesa is finally iiiiisssssssssssuuuuuuueeeeddddd!!!!!!!! Issued!

After so many false alarms getting our hopes up (getting the call to drop off his passport, getting into Ready status), after the terrible news that my father in law passed away on Sept 30th and the good news of me starting my part-time job of accounting tutor (which I hope will lead to a college professor role in the future), our visa has been issued to calm our hearts.

We can now enjoy planning for our future and get married next month! Praise Jehovah God!

Signature coming soon...

After so many false alarms getting our hopes up (getting the call to drop off his passport, getting into Ready status), after the terrible news that my father in law passed away on Sept 30th and the good news of me starting my part-time job of accounting tutor (which I hope will lead to a college professor role in the future), our visa has been issued to calm our hearts.

We can now enjoy planning for our future and get married next month! Praise Jehovah God!

Congrats!!!! So happy for you both!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hello everyone,

can someone please tell me how I can talk to a customer service rep at USCIS? I've tried so many different dial variations and have not been able to talk to someone. Whats the easiest way to speak to a human being?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! We got the NOA1 on march 16th from TSC and we are also waiting still. My fiancé called TSC in May and asked what was going on and at the time a lady told him that they wouldn't even look at our case until 168 days from then which is October 29th. I'm hopeful something will happen this month!

Hope this will get your hopes up :)

Hello fellow March Filers! We received our NOA1 last March 17th also from TSC, and we are also waiting for the NOA2. My fiance also called the CS and was told that it is still within the processing time. It is good to know that you were able to get an estimated timeframe from the CS lady that your fiance spoke to, it shed some light in this black hole TSC.

Hopefully we will all hear some good news this month. Good luck to everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So wonderful to hear.. Congrats !!

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hello everyone,

can someone please tell me how I can talk to a customer service rep at USCIS? I've tried so many different dial variations and have not been able to talk to someone. Whats the easiest way to speak to a human being?

I had better luck calling first thing in the morning

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.