gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Actually, you aren't required to get all the vaccines before getting the visa. The fiance can chose to come to the US and get the vaccines prior to filing the AOS. (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#7) under, Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements, "K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination."

I am wondering if it will be more cost effective for us to get the vaccines here. We would need to pay nearly $200 more for his medical (he needs ALL the vaccines) but they may all be covered under health insurance, making the out-of-pocket for us only the $25 copay once we are married and add him to the policy. But then again, I am wondering if the officer would look at the fact that we did not fork out the extra dough as a negative sign - maybe a lack of dedication to our future? I dunno...

Amhara is correct, the vaccinations are not required for a K-1 but they are required for the AOS after your marriage here in the US.

Keep in mind that after you get the vaccinations once you are here in the US, you will need to find a civil surgeon that is authorized by USCIS that needs to verify you have all the vaccines and complete the form. I have heard the cost can be anywhere between $25 to $150 depending on the doctor.

Since my fiance is from the UK, he was able to get the additional vaccines needed for free and will have this information validated during his medical. Saves some steps.

Keep in mind that after you get the vaccinations once you are here in the US, you will need to find a civil surgeon that is authorized by USCIS that needs to verify you have all the vaccines and complete the form.

Hmmm, I didn't think about it earlier, but if we waited until he is stateside, he would need to do a whole new physical too, huh? Yeah, I think having the vaccines done in his country would be better. I plan on taking a week off work when he arrives, but then this would be another day off work after getting our health insurance adjusted, and we would need to wait on another piece of paper. And who knows how long we may need to wait on an available appointment?

But if we have our little Form I-693 all filled out and ready to go for our AOS when we are ready to send it off, I can use that day that we would have taken off for something fun rather than a doctor's table!

I love VJ! You guys rock!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can u suggest one probably ?

One app is name is AutoResize

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiancé is going to be in the same boat with the vaccinations - and of course the record will have to be in English, right? So, I wonder if he gets the vaccinations at the doctor on the Embassy approved list, will the vaccination record be in English or will we need to still get it translated by a certified translator?

My fiancé is going to be in the same boat with the vaccinations - and of course the record will have to be in English, right? So, I wonder if he gets the vaccinations at the doctor on the Embassy approved list, will the vaccination record be in English or will we need to still get it translated by a certified translator?

I think the clinics on the embassy's site provide all the documentation required directly to the embassy. I don't think the beneficiary is allowed access to them until they open that brown envelop that they say DON'T OPEN THIS ENVELOPE!!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR VISA, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING PURE, DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT OPEN THIS ENVELOP!

Or something like that. I know you get a copy of the medical exam. Wait, I think you do. I am highly certain you get a copy of the vaccinations they administer.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I don't think you need to get them translated. The current vaccinations? The clinic may be able to read them, but if that was your real question, let me stop because I actually have no clue...

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

I think the clinics on the embassy's site provide all the documentation required directly to the embassy. I don't think the beneficiary is allowed access to them until they open that brown envelop that they say DON'T OPEN THIS ENVELOPE!!!! I KNOW YOU HAVE YOUR VISA, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING PURE, DO NOT...I REPEAT...DO NOT OPEN THIS ENVELOP!

Or something like that. I know you get a copy of the medical exam. Wait, I think you do. I am highly certain you get a copy of the vaccinations they administer.

Anyway, I say all that to say, I don't think you need to get them translated. The current vaccinations? The clinic may be able to read them, but if that was your real question, let me stop because I actually have no clue...

Hahahaha! Good, I'm glad we can get a copy of the exam results and hopefully the vacc records - does anyone know if we need them to apply for a marriage certificate?

Timeline

Nancyandissam

How did you find out about dhl tracking number?

There's a thread on here, hang on and I'll try to find it again and edit this post. It worked like a charm! Here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/

I put several dates in and the 7th of May worked! But then of course, I had to call NVC to make sure that it was our packet. It still says At NVC on the CEAC site, so I don't know what the deal is there.

Edited by nancyandissam

I got our MNL# today!!!! So excited. I didn't stay online for the DHL number because I was going to be put into another queue. I will be in Manila on Saturday night and will just take care of the DS-160 with Daisy from there as well as paying the requisite fees for the K1/K2 at that time.

I finished taking care of Skype (15 page), Hangouts (for video only, 2 pages) and Viber (41 pages). Is that enough HAHAHAHA It's of course, not the complete chat log from Viber as we had over 100,000 messages there. It's tough to condense very well when you chat ~4 hours every day. LOL

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

There's a thread on here, hang on and I'll try to find it again and edit this post. It worked like a charm! Here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194465-how-to-track-your-case-from-nvc-to-embassy/

I put several dates in and the 7th of May worked! But then of course, I had to call NVC to make sure that it was our packet. It still says At NVC on the CEAC site, so I don't know what the deal is there.

I tried using the process on that link and keep getting no result from DHL at all. I even tried your date of 7 May using: EXP07MAY2015A and a range of 4 May to 11 May. What did you enter into the reference #?

In Line:

Got it, thanks. I'm getting no data returned on CEAC, so I am trying various dates. Maybe tomorrow ;)

In Line:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.