gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

OK, this might be a stupid question. But, how do you know that the NVC received your package? Just call them?

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

I came across this website/blog some time ago. It's written by a Filipina and she outlines the process from beginning to end in a very detailed manner. It's been helpful to me and answered a lot of questions.

She maintains the site/blog very well and info is current

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/129f-fiancee-petition-process/

Thanks gtessier.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OK, this might be a stupid question. But, how do you know that the NVC received your package? Just call them?

Not a stupid question at all. I called them exactly 2 weeks after receiving the NOA2 text and it had just arrived. Now I'm waiting (impatiently) for the next number to be assigned so I can start tracking it!

Filed: Timeline

I came across this website/blog some time ago. It's written by a Filipina and she outlines the process from beginning to end in a very detailed manner. It's been helpful to me and answered a lot of questions.

She maintains the site/blog very well and info is current

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/129f-fiancee-petition-process/

is there any thing like this for RUSSIA MOSCOW?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

just for the piece of mind ..any new approvals ?:)

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

is there any thing like this for RUSSIA MOSCOW?

http://fiancee-visa-usa.blogspot.ru/ has a ton of useful and well-worded info, start to finish, from I-129F all the way to Green Card. Огромное количество внятной, полезной и актуальной информации, очень рекомендую! :)

Edited by naire37

K1 to POE
01.14.2015 - met online in an RPG chatroom
02.27.2015 - met in person
04.20.2015 - I-129F mailed
04.21.2015 - I-129F received by the Lockbox as per USPS site
04.24.2015 - NOA-1 electronic copy received: both SMS (text) and e-mail
04.30.2015 - NOA-1 paper version received
06.01.2015 - NOA-2 e-mail. SQUEE! =)
06.05.2015 - NOA-2 paper version.
06.12.2015 - NVC Received, Case # Assigned (not yet visible on CEAC)
06.17.2015 - NVC processing completed, now visible on CEAC with status "Ready"
06.24.2015 - CEAC status "Administrative Processing" (for Russia: received by the Embassy, can schedule the interview).
06.26.2015 - Crossed the t's and dotted the i's, this time for real. Scheduled the interview!
07.20.2015 - Medical. Piece of cake!
07.22.2015 - Interview. 2 hours worth of waiting and 5 minutes worth of talking to the consul, "your visa is approved". Yaaay!
10.09.2015 - POE in Boston, MA. Hooray!! Welcome, my love.

POE to Green Card:
10.09.2015 - POE in Boston, MA
10.14.2015 - applied for SSN; got it a couple days later in the mail
10.31.2015 - Wedding :halloween:
11.21.2015 - Filed AOS (package including Travel Parole & Employment)
11.25.2015 - electronic NOA-1(s), 11.27.2015 - Check cashed
11.30.2015 - NOA-1s

12.18.2015 - RFE (forgot to write my name in one place on the Affidavit of Support)

12.21.2015 - Biometrics

12.23.2015 - RFE Response received by USCIS

02.10.2016 - EAD/AP approved!

02.10.2016 - EAD/AP received!

05.12.2016 - Interview scheduled for 06.15.2016 (wow, that really took 6 months from filing...)

06.15.2016 - Interview. Approved! (but not at the interview, got notification about 4 hours later)

06.30.2016 - Green Card Received!

Filed: Timeline

http://fiancee-visa-usa.blogspot.ru/ has a ton of useful and well-worded info, start to finish, from I-129F all the way to Green Card. Огромное количество внятной, полезной и актуальной информации, очень рекомендую! :)

thank you

Timeline

Just got off the phone with NVC and we have a number! But he said that it's going through some sort of processing but he didn't know what that was - he said they don't tell them that. It hasn't been sent out yet. Does anyone know what this processing could be? Now I'm freaked! ACK!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got my case no. Through NVC on 4/30 my petition still there what they said there's no timeframe to send to U.S. embassy so at least you got your case no. Hold tight

Timeline

I got my case no. Through NVC on 4/30 my petition still there what they said there's no timeframe to send to U.S. embassy so at least you got your case no. Hold tight

Thank you, it just freaks me out a bit just in case they found an issue or something! LOL.So when I call again to check on it, do I use the new case number to check on the progress?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

After we got our number it still took almost a week before they sent it and embassy got it. I wouldnt worry at all. The processing pile is just so he wont promise you a certain date it will be shipped off at for sure. Just go to ceac tracker and add ur new number and follow it there. It will say at NVC for maybe a few days. And then go to " in transit" and the. Ready. Best advice i got is just check ceac tracker ❤️Camilla

Timeline

After we got our number it still took almost a week before they sent it and embassy got it. I wouldnt worry at all. The processing pile is just so he wont promise you a certain date it will be shipped off at for sure. Just go to ceac tracker and add ur new number and follow it there. It will say at NVC for maybe a few days. And then go to " in transit" and the. Ready. Best advice i got is just check ceac tracker ❤️Camilla

Thank you, Camilla! It's all so nervewracking! <3

They always ask your USCIS case no. You can also check it here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Thank you!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.