ceresa

brown recluses

39 posts in this topic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mags... that's just what I was coming on here to post. I've never been scared of spiders, at all, and the idea of squashing a spider horrifies me - flies and wasps are there to be squished, spiders are there to be carefully picked up and let outside, or just to be left to live happily in the corner where they're not bothering me. But maybe that's growing up in a country where the spiders mind their own business and rid your house of insects for you... this thread has freaked me out a bit. I'd never even heard of brown recluses 'til I opened this thread. Must remember... spiders bad. Spiders no longer my friends... eeek!

Black widow on hand towel.... :help:

Well, I WASN'T scared until I read this thread.....
Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I will never shut my eyes when I wash my face ever again

I've actually just washed my face and guess what...I checked the towel first!

Incidentally, I live in a really old house that we are renovating. Just think 200 year old plaster and lath walls that haven't been touched since they were put up and we have to rip it all down. We have half ripped down walls, gaps in all sorts of places...just how many of these buggars do you think are in there??????????

Tell ya what, I'm gonna check the bed before I get in there tonight which, may I add, has the covers touching the floor.... :help:

Mags... that's just what I was coming on here to post. I've never been scared of spiders, at all, and the idea of squashing a spider horrifies me - flies and wasps are there to be squished, spiders are there to be carefully picked up and let outside, or just to be left to live happily in the corner where they're not bothering me. But maybe that's growing up in a country where the spiders mind their own business and rid your house of insects for you... this thread has freaked me out a bit. I'd never even heard of brown recluses 'til I opened this thread. Must remember... spiders bad. Spiders no longer my friends... eeek!

Tell me about it! Spiders are supposed to be good little things to have around....aren't they???

Edited by mags

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I havent seen to many big spiders here yet, and have only seen one big snake.

I freak when I see those big black ####### roaches. I dont want to see those spiders, I would probley have a heart attack for sure.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

I grew up and lived in Oklahoma most of my life. Some of that time on a cattle ranch working in dark dusty barns. Oklahoma is thick with recluses and black widows and I have never been bitten. A little extra caution and common sense and you will be fine...

04/19/2006 - met for the first time

01/12/2007 - sent I-129f to Nebraska

01/22/2007 - NOA1

04/20/2007 - NOA2

07/20/2007- Interview in Moscow

09/19/2007- Married

01/25/2008- AOS package mailed

08/27/2008-Interview-approved

09/10/2008-GC received

08/21/2010-10yr green card received

love is where you find it, even if it is a half a world away

I will never shut my eyes when I wash my face ever again

I've actually just washed my face and guess what...I checked the towel first!

Incidentally, I live in a really old house that we are renovating. Just think 200 year old plaster and lath walls that haven't been touched since they were put up and we have to rip it all down. We have half ripped down walls, gaps in all sorts of places...just how many of these buggars do you think are in there??????????

Tell ya what, I'm gonna check the bed before I get in there tonight which, may I add, has the covers touching the floor.... :help:

Tell me about it! Spiders are supposed to be good little things to have around....aren't they???

:help: NOw you did it...Covers touching the floor... :unsure:

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Oooooh you guysss.... Just gather the little creatures up and make a nice stir-fry out of them. *giggles*

*runs away to avoid being slapped...teeehehhehe! Protein* :D:P(F)

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've lived in Missouri all my life and almost everyone I know says they have been bitten by those little critters. Maybe they have. I've also been told that if you live in Missouri...you have brown recluses in your home. Everyone reacts to the bites differently....some minor like a mosquito bite and others are pretty ugly. I did see a patient once that eventually had to have a skin graft due to a brown recluse bite. On another note, brown recluse do not spin webs so I tend to like seeing cob webs once in a while. ;)

I grew up and lived in Oklahoma most of my life. Some of that time on a cattle ranch working in dark dusty barns. Oklahoma is thick with recluses and black widows and I have never been bitten. A little extra caution and common sense and you will be fine...

Which is exactly where I got bitten by a black widow when I first moved to Virginia. I was cleaning the barn out and that b!tch got me. Mannn....was I ever sick for several days and on MEGA doses of anti-biotics. :unsure:

I lived to tell about it tho...lol...and learned from my mistake. :yes:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Other Timeline

apparently brown recluses and black widows have made their way as far north as Ontario. Spider bites have been reported, but I'm not sure if they're confirmed brown recluse or other types of recluse.

They probably wouldn't survive the metre of snow on them though!

We've got brown recluse and black widows here in NC, and I think 10 different types of poisonous snake. So far I haven't seen any.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, I've only seen one poisonous snake that wasn't in some sort of a zoo or an exhibition at a state park - and that was a coral snake right on the front door step at my sister in law's home in the Houston area. My brother in law killed it because it was just too close to the house and they have young grandchildren who play in the yard. My husband had water moccasins on the farm he used to have, though. Poisonous snakes don't worry me as much as spiders - you can generally see those suckers coming!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

This has made me paranoid! I'll just buy some cats! They'll kill any intruders!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

us_tx_2faws_small.gif Lauren - Texas, USA and James - England, UK 3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

28th May 06 - Arrive in Texas!

8th July 06 - Married!!!

3rd August 06 - EAD received at USCIS

29th August 06 - Biometrics

18th September 06 - Case (AOS) transfered to CSC on 9/14 (advised by mail)

4/6/10th October 06 - EAD touched!

11th October 06 - Email from USCIS - EAD Approved on 10/10! Card on the way!

16th October 06 - EAD card received!

16th October 06 - EAD Application email received confirming letter to be sent.

22nd February 07 - Email sent to USCIS requesting an update.

5th March 07 - Case touched! AOS is now "pending" at the CSC! Progress!

5th March 07 - Email from CSC confirming I am awaiting the results of the FBI name check.

27th April 07 - Email received. A notice requesting additional info has been mailed.

4th May 07 - RFE letter arrived.

21st May 07 - RFE docs returned to USCIS by mail.

6th June 07 - Email from CRIS saying RFE received and case processing has resumed!

26th June 07 - Phone call from a USCIS officer at the CSC in California asking for a copy of my I-94 by fax.

27th June 07 - InfoPass appointment at 745am.

12th August 07 - Email from CRIS - Green Card on order as of 8/11!

15th August 07 - Email from CRIS - Welcome Notice sent.

18th August 07 - Welcome Notice Received.

20th August 07 - GC received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

exactly what i was gonna suggest. cats are a great defense against spiders. look a new toy. bat bat bat bat bat :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

exactly what i was gonna suggest. cats are a great defense against spiders. look a new toy. bat bat bat bat bat :P

But surely, if a cat is bitten by a brown recluse (highly likely if they are tormenting it) they will die?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is why I take spiders away from the cats - the bites of brown recluse and black widows can have very serious repercussions for cats and I don't want anything to happen to them.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.