Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2015

1,046 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I mailed off the financial & supporting documents last week (03/03/15). They were supposed to be delivered two days later on March 5th by noon. The package has not arrived to nvc. Last known location was that it departed Knoxville, TN on Wednesday March 4th. I'm going out of my mind!!!!!! I've called customer service and went to my local post office but all i am told is that I can receive a refund since it did not arrive on time but not until it is delivered. I don't care about the money. Find My Paperwork......... This can't be happening :ranting::crying:

That is bad....They need to find the package. Sorry about that I hope they locate it and deliver it to NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

omg...i saw that someone recently got a checklist because they did not put part 6 box 5 into the part 6 box 10 on the I864...and i just realized that I didnt do that too...everything else is perfect, but I can't believe I missed that!!!!??? My scan date is Jan. 13...should I call to tell them I caught a mistake that I made?? Im freaking out here!

Filed: Timeline

omg...i saw that someone recently got a checklist because they did not put part 6 box 5 into the part 6 box 10 on the I864...and i just realized that I didnt do that too...everything else is perfect, but I can't believe I missed that!!!!??? My scan date is Jan. 13...should I call to tell them I caught a mistake that I made?? Im freaking out here!

Just looking at it right of the bat box 5 is talking about INDIVIDUAL whereas box 10 is talking about HOUSEHOLD annual income. << Are these the same for you?

Let's assume that you filled it incorrectly: I would rather take my chances and wait until next week (NVC handlers can overlook things) then send in another package and set yourself back another 2 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OMG!!!!

Woohoo!!!

Hubby got all three Welcome letters including case #'s and such tonight! The letters were dated March 2nd!! I thought I would have to start calling around the end of the month!

DS-261 Choice of Agents are done and AOS fee will be paid tomorrow!!

Woohoo!!!!

Do you know how long it take for you to be able to filled out ds-261 and pay AOS fee from the date your case number was assigned? My case number was assigned on feb 20th and I still cant do anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just looking at it right of the bat box 5 is talking about INDIVIDUAL whereas box 10 is talking about HOUSEHOLD annual income. << Are these the same for you?

Let's assume that you filled it incorrectly: I would rather take my chances and wait until next week (NVC handlers can overlook things) then send in another package and set yourself back another 2 months.

yeah they are the same for me...I am just using my income, nobody in my household....but it says to total all lines from 5, 6c, 7c, 8c, and 9c....soo I would need to put the income from box 5 into box 10 even though its the same as my individual income i think. Oh God, I really hope I don't get a checklist...I am 7.5 months pregnant and my husband can get here in time if i get a cc, but if there is a checklist then he won't be here for the birth of our first baby. Thank you for your response, I really really appreciate it!

Edited by khalefashley2015

To all those who were discussing it a few weeks ago, I finally got my email from the NVC informing me that they received my documents on February 11 and to allow at least 60 days for them to process it. Feb 11 was the day I sent the email. I called the NVC a few days after and a rep told me that they were not sending confirmation emails for EP anymore so I wasn't sure if I'd get one or not. It's a big relief to know that my documents were received and I haven't been waiting all this time for nothing. Hopefully those who were around the same date as me will get their emails soon as well!!

how did you sail through uscis so very quickly? I was looking at your timeline and pow!!! 35 days...that's amazing!!! please do tell!!

Oh my gosh this is it guys

I just saw the 3 N/A's yesssss! gosh I'm shaking right now!

Scan date 01/09/15

i am so very pumped for you!!!! god bless!

Should i schedule my medical now or i have to wait for my interview schedule before doin medical???

Thanks

yes, of course, but remember the medical has an expiry date, so if you plan on sticking around canada prior to your poe make sure you make the timelines. if your doing it in a city where bookings are made like 3 weeks advance, yip, i'd be calling to secure a date now, you can always cancel and book further into the future. yyz docs are pretty easy to get into. not sure about yvr or yul.

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To all those who were discussing it a few weeks ago, I finally got my email from the NVC informing me that they received my documents on February 11 and to allow at least 60 days for them to process it. Feb 11 was the day I sent the email. I called the NVC a few days after and a rep told me that they were not sending confirmation emails for EP anymore so I wasn't sure if I'd get one or not. It's a big relief to know that my documents were received and I haven't been waiting all this time for nothing. Hopefully those who were around the same date as me will get their emails soon as well!!

Thanks so much for letting us know! Mine was Feb 12th, so I probably will get one but now I messed myself over by sending in another package today (as per NVC reps advice, which in hindsight was stupid). I panicked. Ah well, maybe a miracle will happen and they will honor that Feb 12th scan date. We shall see. Thanks for the update!

Hi everyone! May I ask if the NVC will send the form I-864/I-864EZ to my husband or we will be the one to download and print the said forms that can be found at USCIS web site. Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! May I ask if the NVC will send the form I-864/I-864EZ to my husband or we will be the one to download and print the said forms that can be found at USCIS web site. Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Download and print.. go the travel.state.gov website and find it there. Be aware that the I-864 has many versions: A, EZ, W, etc. On that website under the "collect financial documents" it will have some questions to help you determine which form you qualify.

how did you sail through uscis so very quickly? I was looking at your timeline and pow!!! 35 days...that's amazing!!! please do tell!!

i am so very pumped for you!!!! god bless!

yes, of course, but remember the medical has an expiry date, so if you plan on sticking around canada prior to your poe make sure you make the timelines. if your doing it in a city where bookings are made like 3 weeks advance, yip, i'd be calling to secure a date now, you can always cancel and book further into the future. yyz docs are pretty easy to get into. not sure about yvr or yul.

Thanks for the info ;)

I mailed off the financial & supporting documents last week (03/03/15). They were supposed to be delivered two days later on March 5th by noon. The package has not arrived to nvc. Last known location was that it departed Knoxville, TN on Wednesday March 4th. I'm going out of my mind!!!!!! I've called customer service and went to my local post office but all i am told is that I can receive a refund since it did not arrive on time but not until it is delivered. I don't care about the money. Find My Paperwork......... This can't be happening :ranting::crying:

I mailed off the AOS and IV package the same day 03/03/2015 through UPS from Saudi Arabia. On the tracking page it apparent they face severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. but on 06/03/2015 the status changed to delivered at 12:35.

Don't panic (F) maybe they are facing the same condition. I hope they will deliver it soon.

Hi all,

My AOS and IV package was received by NVC last Friday 06/03/2015 . when you think I'll get an email from them ? and do I have to call them to conform that they received the documents?

You can call to confirm they got them if you want but they won't say until they're scanned in, I'd imagine. You should get an email when they scan it into their system, thus giving you your scan date and the start of the 60 days. :thumbs::clock:

Edited by TwoChickies

~12-25-2006: met online (a blog site)
05-01-2013: FINALLY MET IN PERSON! in Canada
05-04-2013: finally became a couple
06-14-2014: got engaged
08-08-2014: got married in Canada
09-18-2014: sent I-130 via UPS, 142 pages in total
09-19-2014: I-130 arrived and signed for
09-24-2014: NOA1 text & hard copy received same day, Vermont Service Center
11-20-2014: NOA2 (I-130 approval!) hard copy received, 57 days from NOA1

12-08-2014: NVC received case
01-14-2015: case number and IIN number received via email
01-14-2015: DS-261 submitted
01-14-2015: AOS fee paid
01-22-2015: IV fee paid
01-24-2015: DS-260 submitted
01-25-2015: AOS and IV documents submitted electronically
02-18-2015: petitioner's proof of US domicile submitted electronically
02-25-2015: email confirmation received (31 days after sending!), scan date of 01-26-2015 <--60 day wait starts
03-24-2015: email confirmation received (34 days after sending!), scan date of 02-18-2015 <--60 day wait starts (a 2nd time)
03-31-2015: case completed at NVC! 2/18 documents got reviewed with the 1/26 ones, 64 days from original scan date

04-07-2015: case complete email received
04-22-2015: interview date email received
05-13-2015: medical in Montreal

05-19-2015: picked up medical results
05-20-2015: interview in Montreal --- APPROVED!, 238 days from NOA1

05-25-2015: passport/visa received!

05-30-2015: POE, Calais/St Stephen land crossing, 248 days from NOA1

06-03-2015: paid ELIS fee

06-10-2015: SSN received

07-02-2015: green card received!

03-13-2017: sent I-751 via USPS to Vermont Service Center, 156 pages in total 
03-14-2017: I-751 arrived and signed for

03-23-2017: NOA1 received, dated 03-16-2017

04-07-2017: biometrics appointment letter received 
04-18-2017: biometrics appointment 

02-05-2018: I-751 approval received!, dated 02-01-2018

Hi all,

My AOS and IV package was received by NVC last Friday 06/03/2015 . when you think I'll get an email from them ? and do I have to call them to conform that they received the documents?

What does AOS stands for? Adjustment of status or affidavit of support?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.