s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 11:38 PM, TaKane said:

I'm glad that I found out this Japan Filers group. All the comments and experiences sharing are very helpful.

We got DQ'ed: mid May

Interview letter received: mid July

Interview at Tokyo embassy: mid Aug 

Any pointers or suggestions on 1) interview questions and 2) document to bring (was told the embassy would send document list couple days prior to interview) would be appreciated.

I had my interview last month.

There wer no hard questions for me, just typical ones you see online (how did you meet? when did you get married? what does your husband do? etc)

To be safe, I took every document mentioned in the department of state website and documents submitted to NVC.

I also took my husbands's past 3months pay stubs in case they need proof for stable income.

Afterall, I only turned in birth certificate, passport picture, police certificate and my passport I think.

I was not asked to show any documents during the interview.

Each cases are different so I suggest you bring everything to the interview to avoid any problems.

Good luck with your interview!

Edited by dancingorca

Here are some notes from our interview earlier today, She arrived at the embassy; did the standard procedures at the embassy. She arrived at the reception and the receptionist asked for her passport to file, then she went and got her number card (Number 007), and to be ready with her documents. She got called up three times to hand in documents, take finger prints and to take her interview. Total time at the embassy was ~1:30. After she was finished, she received an letter containing below, I'm entirely sure if our visa is ineligible due to the recent public charge ruling or just because of the pandemic. Her passport was not given back to her after the interview, it is giving me some hopefully it gets approved soon but I'm not holding my breath on it.

The questions she was asked:
1. Husband's name

2. How we met

3. How do we see each other

4. How did i think when she sees me

5. Last time we met, where and when

6. Origin's of my last name

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Here are some notes from our interview earlier today, She arrived at the embassy; did the standard procedures at the embassy. She arrived at the reception and the receptionist asked for her passport to file, then she went and got her number card (Number 007), and to be ready with her documents. She got called up three times to hand in documents, take finger prints and to take her interview. Total time at the embassy was ~1:30. After she was finished, she received an letter containing below, I'm entirely sure if our visa is ineligible due to the recent public charge ruling or just because of the pandemic. Her passport was not given back to her after the interview, it is giving me some hopefully it gets approved soon but I'm not holding my breath on it.

1. Husband's name

2. How we met

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

She also got explained to that her visa would not be approved due to new guidance isn't approved, and the interviewer had said that he hopes this problem is solved sooner rather than later, and our visa isn't approved because of this new guidance issue. Once there is an update, we will be contacted by the embassy but since there are also many pending visas, there might be a delay. (Couldn't edit original post)

12 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

1. Husband's name

2. How we met

1596505298423_1_1.jpg

you guys received a 221g, did they require you to submit certain documents after? maybe they need for you to submit a joint sponsor if your income didn’t pass poverty guidelines.

Public charge rule is currently on hold tho’

1 hour ago, jmcl10 said:

you guys received a 221g, did they require you to submit certain documents after? maybe they need for you to submit a joint sponsor if your income didn’t pass poverty guidelines.

Public charge rule is currently on hold tho’

The embassy had me upload a copy of my passport a few days before the interview, i also had her print out a copy of my passport just in case to take to the embassy. They did not mention needing an joint sponsor when she was taking her interview at the embassy

6 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

The embassy had me upload a copy of my passport a few days before the interview, i also had her print out a copy of my passport just in case to take to the embassy. They did not mention needing an joint sponsor when she was taking her interview at the embassy

it says INA requirements hmmm i wonderwhat could that be. I hope you guys gets approved soon! 🙏🏻

Timeline
5 hours ago, TaKane said:

Anyone went through IV interview today in Tokyo? 

My wife is scheduled for the 13th of this month. I've been hearing about difficulty with the Tokyo embassy and a recent policy change. Not sure if it's related to public charge. That said, the embassys of other countries appear to be approving as normal. 

42 minutes ago, JGG5 said:

My wife is scheduled for the 13th of this month. I've been hearing about difficulty with the Tokyo embassy and a recent policy change. Not sure if it's related to public charge. That said, the embassys of other countries appear to be approving as normal. 

I read someone who had an interview at the Tokyo embassy this week posting on SNS that she was told by her interviewer that NO embassy is issuing “immigrant“ visa due to the public charge. Not only the Tokyo embassy, all the embassies. 

I haven’t read those people on VJ that got approved in other countries, but I wonder if they got approved last week and reporting about their approval this week? Or their visas are non-immigrant ones? 

I wish that officer in the Tokyo was wrong, but I doubt that :(  Hope this will be all cleared by the time your wife has her interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, AyeB said:

I read someone who had an interview at the Tokyo embassy this week posting on SNS that she was told by her interviewer that NO embassy is issuing “immigrant“ visa due to the public charge. Not only the Tokyo embassy, all the embassies. 

I haven’t read those people on VJ that got approved in other countries, but I wonder if they got approved last week and reporting about their approval this week? Or their visas are non-immigrant ones? 

I wish that officer in the Tokyo was wrong, but I doubt that :(  Hope this will be all cleared by the time your wife has her interview. 

That's what I'm hearing from Japan as well. I'm guessing they are trying to update their policies to align with the USCIS announcement regarding their policy update for public charge. Maybe. That said, here on visa journey they track approvals for the month of August. If you look at their timelines they are showing interviews and approval after 1 Aug. 

https://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-this-month/

Also, if this holds true for the rest of the world I would think there was greater discussion across the globe. 

1 minute ago, JGG5 said:

Also, if this holds true for the rest of the world I would think there was greater discussion across the globe. 

I was actually wondering about that. I did see one thread last Friday here on VJ that some people went through the same thing as the ones who had interview at the Tokyo, but I haven’t seen anybody talking about this after that really and thought that was strange. 

Thank you for the link, you are right, people do seem to be getting approved in August which gives me hope. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, JGG5 said:

That's what I'm hearing from Japan as well. I'm guessing they are trying to update their policies to align with the USCIS announcement regarding their policy update for public charge. Maybe. That said, here on visa journey they track approvals for the month of August. If you look at their timelines they are showing interviews and approval after 1 Aug. 

https://www.visajourney.com/content/visa-approvals-this-month/

Yeah, that was what I read as well. It does look like some people got approved for IV this week in other part of the world based on their approval dates on the timeline.

Sure hope DOS will come out with a guideline soon to align with USCIS otherwise there will be lots of people in AP. Let's hope it will be clear by next week.

Timeline
Just now, AyeB said:

I was actually wondering about that. I did see one thread last Friday here on VJ that some people went through the same thing as the ones who had interview at the Tokyo, but I haven’t seen anybody talking about this after that really and thought that was strange. 

Thank you for the link, you are right, people do seem to be getting approved in August which gives me hope. 

The visa process is very difficult and I find it's best to focus on the positive. Eventually it will work out for us!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JGG5 said:

The visa process is very difficult and I find it's best to focus on the positive. Eventually it will work out for us!

Let's be positive. We just march forward and do what we can 💪💪 to make it happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.