m&n

Thank God for webcams

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was just thinking........I can't IMAGINE how much harder this VJ would be without a webcam. I am soooooo grateful for it. If you don't have one....get one.....it makes things a little easier.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sooooo true! Seeing each other in the cams brightens both of our days. Sometimes we don't talk online for weeks and then when we manage to get online we both just end up staring at the cams. :wub: Its helpful in reminding us of the "big picture", but I can't stand it when he says "What are you wearing? Get up, let me see. Go in the corner and let me see" Soooooo annoying, lol

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I was just thinking........I can't IMAGINE how much harder this VJ would be without a webcam. I am soooooo grateful for it. If you don't have one....get one.....it makes things a little easier.

I wish we had one. His village is so small it's beyond cost-prohibitive for him to even get a computer line, at 110JD/month. (1JD=US$1.40). So he emails me from work sometimes, but we're stuck talking on the phone pretty much.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

you could ask that of him too. i like my SO in this particular sweater he has.........

Sooooo true! Seeing each other in the cams brightens both of our days. Sometimes we don't talk online for weeks and then when we manage to get online we both just end up staring at the cams. :wub: Its helpful in reminding us of the "big picture", but I can't stand it when he says "What are you wearing? Get up, let me see. Go in the corner and let me see" Soooooo annoying, lol

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sometimes we have the cam and conference so you both see and talk

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

I wish we had one. His village is so small it's beyond cost-prohibitive for him to even get a computer line, at 110JD/month. (1JD=US$1.40). So he emails me from work sometimes, but we're stuck talking on the phone pretty much.

Wow that is insane! My fiance lives in Zarka and he only pays 28 jds a month for DSL! He also has a vonage phone too so we talk ask much as we want on the phone too. Where is your S.O. from?

sometimes we have the cam and conference so you both see and talk

Do you use skype for this? We usually talk on Skype and use yahoo for cams.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

No Yahoo for both thru the messenger

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

Timeline
No Yahoo for both thru the messenger

We don't get good sound quality on yahoo, thats why we started using skype. Actually if you download Festoon in addition to the skype you can make the call with webcams, but the cool part is that they have all these special effects. Split screens, differnt colors, cutouts, and you can snap photos of the cam. Its really cute!

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

very true about the webcams. i am thankful for that. however, since my fiance works so much, i end up calling alot and it is way too expensive cause I like to spend hours on the phone. i justify it by not shopping for new clothes that week lolol

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We use Windows Live Messenger video conference every day...we used to use Yahoo, but the quality really is awful, so we don't even use Yahoo anymore. We used to use skype a little, but now we just like Windows Live Messenger video conference better, it's so dependable.

Speaking of snapshots...I take 1 printscreen of us together daily on video conference using a program called Gadwin printscreen and add it to the daily chat archive I have created for our evidence so not only can they see the chat archive, but they can see a screenshot of us on video as well.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
very true about the webcams. i am thankful for that. however, since my fiance works so much, i end up calling alot and it is way too expensive cause I like to spend hours on the phone. i justify it by not shopping for new clothes that week lolol

My worst phone bill was $869! LOL!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

The one reason we have slowed on the phone, either cam with conference or just type but slowed on the phone

TIMELINE

-------------

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

Filed: Timeline

I second that! Marlon lives in the country and it's expensive enough to pay just the electric bills, Jamaica is notorious for island wide blackouts! We just text message and sometimes talk on the phone and depend on 2 week or more long snail mail. I haven't seen him since September 11, 2006 and when he sent me his passport photo, you can imagine how long I stared at it! lol I have photos of him all over my apartment but I envy those of you who "see" your sweetie often!

Timeline

I think everyone who has to be separated from a loved one during a VJ and doesn't have a webcam should receive a complementary one in the mail along with their NOA1......compliments of the USCIS.....as a way of saying "thank you for your petition" and "we hope this helps keep you sane until you finally get your visa"

I-130

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.