Vasiliki.C

Will I get banned If I return to my country?

35 posts in this topic

No how can I work illegally? If that was the case I'd have done it to get money for the green card. But I'm not going to. I'll try to work things out in my marriage.

This is dangerously sounding as if you would fix things only to get a greeen card. If you get things fixed and apply for AOS, and later for ROC, you will need to prove yours was a bonafide and continous marriage. Bonafide does look like initially, continuous not so much.

And your story changed from 'going back and make money to visit aunt' to 'things are not so good in Greece and want to stay here'

It all may be because of not so good knowledge of the immigration laws, but still.

I SAW THAT SOME PEOPLE stayed U.S. over 3 months..

One of my friend's friend story. she stayed here illegally ( because husband never supported her anything but she was pregnant)

She applied green card over 5 months later.. she got approved.. but I cannot make sure about naturalization...... anyway..plus I cannot make sure about I-751 after conditional green card.

You can still file it.. co operate with husband.. trying to get money from anywhere if you can///

if you want to visit here yeah you can.. but not for a while.. idk 5 years or 10 years.. you don't know about your future what is going to be... so ...

idk why you are going to divorce with him and Why you didn't file it ( because of money?) you should already knew that it will cost lots of money.

anyway it is already past. so.. you should think about your future right now.... more than anything.

Try to contact to lawyer if you can.. and file it... make your husband get money..( working or sth whatever)...

first, get money for applying green card

second, co operate with your husband what you guys need paperworks..

third, trying to get EAD whatever work permit ... I think it takes 2 months after you applied?(idk just heard it. I didn't apply work permit when I was processing..)

then make more money....

but when you file it.. you should explain to USCIS.. what happened for 10 months...

plan B is.... if you get denied you need more money.

another choice is.. going back to your country.. it means it will be really hard to visit United States again.

that's all I can say..

and people are so mean and very negative right now because this website is visa journey people who tried to live with their husband or wife based on love. That's why ..

not just Question and Answer website.

If You get approved from USCIS try to find your life with green card... it will be really hard after 2 years later if you filed I-751 for getting 10 years green card without your husband..

I think you will get denied.

So... but I think it would be better to try to get green card then divorce.. then go back to your country and return your green card.

so You can travel here too without any problem

Swear in 03/20/2015

U.S. Citizenship 2015 Nov~

Removing conditions on Residency

I-751 Filed 06/09/2014
NOA 1 NEVER RECEIVED (EDIT - MY HUSBAND PUT THAT LETTER IN THE CAR...GRRRR I JUST NOTICED THAT AFTER I RECEIVED MY GREENCARD)
Biometrics 07/14/2014
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC Oct/29/2014)
RFE Received 12/18/2014
2nd Bio 01/23/2015
3rd Bio 02/03/2015 + Infopass for I-551 stamp
RFE Responded 02/04/2015 (Mailed RFE Jan 30)
Approved!!!!! 02/10/2015
Card Mailed 02/17/2015 Card was picked up by the usps 02/18/2015
Card in hand 02/21/2015 !!!!!

Adjust to permanent resident status

Filed 05/03/2012
NOA 1 05/07/2012(notice date)
Biometrics 06/08/2012
(Case transfer from VSC to CSC June/01/2012)
Approved 09/05/2012
(welcome notice with card)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked. OP got the answers needed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.