mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update: My package was delivered safely via fedex as i type. Hopefully i/we get a scan date asap so we could start the countdown.

Thats good. Don't worry you will get done in no time. But why the checklist ?

Timeline

Thanks... NVC said he didn't submit his I-864 form.

Well he should have submitted it. I-864 is a must. So we can't really blame nvc for the delay here. Wish you a speedy processing. Cheers

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Well he should have submitted it. I-864 is a must. So we can't really blame nvc for the delay here. Wish you a speedy processing. Cheers

Your right their not at fault. Thank you, wishing you all the best.

We have 2 checklists- 1 from my husband and 1 from me. Is it ok if we submit those forms seperately?

If you received them separately, I would suggest sending them separately.

If you received them separately, I would suggest sending them separately.

the nvc want another i- 846 from my husband and police clearance from me

Did they give you 1 checklist or 2?

just 1 letter sent to my husband but the instructions were for me to send the i 846 and police clearance. If i have to send the i 846 that means i have to wait for my husband to send it to me then i can submit it together with my police clearance. Its time consuming

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We have 2 checklists- 1 from my husband and 1 from me. Is it ok if we submit those forms seperately?

I would send them together - if you send them separately the NVC will reset your scan date (42 days) each time they get a new document from you, so it will delay your process even more. I think it's worth it to wait to send them together and making sure the NVC will get it right rather than having to rely on their organizing skills...They're not exactly known for that.

I would send them together - if you send them separately the NVC will reset your scan date (42 days) each time they get a new document from you, so it will delay your process even more. I think it's worth it to wait to send them together and making sure the NVC will get it right rather than having to rely on their organizing skills...They're not exactly known for that.

thank you so much. I will do that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I would suggest that you send them both together! Why?

1. Because then you don't risk that they will "lose" them (how it happened in our case)

2. If you don't send them in the same time you'll have different scan dates. And for sure they will take the one that it is the latest. For example, your police clearance gets there on the 10th of Dec and your i-864 on the 21st of Dec. They will count the 30 days from the 21st of Dec.

Just send them together. Get your police clearence, send it to your husband by email (since they only need a copy) and then your husband can send both off as soon as he has the new i-864.

Timeline

I have the same, Police Clearence for me and i-864 for my wife, just re-check the i-864 checklist because in my checklist it says that I have to take the new i-864 to the interview and submit the Police clearence to NVC before they proceed my case further

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just an update

I got a expedite from Kingston embassy. The embassy called e and my wife that our interview is the 18 day at 8 am. The expedite was very quick via email with no evidence. Please pray for me. My wife told nvc that she's lonely and she has her kids. Plus she got a new job and she can't get any leave until her first full year. And he fact that she's depressed from the death of her mom a year ago. From expedite request to getting a date wasn't even two weeks. If u have any reason to request please go ahead. Jamaican embassy is back logged so the expedite might help.

Thanks to callmeshams for everything. You were the one who advised us

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.