mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Happy TGIF to all my fellow journeyers. God is sill in the business of answering prayers and wiping tears away. This morning I called NVC to check if an interview date has been set for my wife and as usual they told me that "sorry we do not have a date for you and we do not know when a date will become available" I hanged up the phone disappointed but still believing in GOD's miracles. Knowing that NVC will be closed on Monday because of Columbus day, I decided to call again this evening and I am happy to report that an interview date has been set for us. To God be the glory. For all those still waiting for NOA 2, CC or interview date, do not stop believing because Our God is a Good God and He is still in the business of answering prayers and wiping away tears. May God provide all the answers we all seek and may He perfect all that concern us. I pray that all those who are having their interviews this month will get approve.

CC 10/02/2015

interview set 10/09/2015

Interview date 11/05

Congratulation..... wishing to the best of luck on the interview. Thank you for sharing and the inspiration

Hi Guys, just got off the phone with NVC and they have scheduled our interview for November 4th!!! I still havent gotten the email regarding our interview and the guy at NVC was surprised we didnt get an email yet so he said to wait til wednesday next week and if we still dont get it to call back. One question i had - they asked for my 2014 W2, does anyone know if it is OK to bring one i can get from my work's online payroll portal or maybe ask my employer for 2014 W2 or does it have to be the one they gave me specifically when i filed my taxes? If so i need to look for it again...

Hi Guys, just got off the phone with NVC and they have scheduled our interview for November 4th!!! I still havent gotten the email regarding our interview and the guy at NVC was surprised we didnt get an email yet so he said to wait til wednesday next week and if we still dont get it to call back. One question i had - they asked for my 2014 W2, does anyone know if it is OK to bring one i can get from my work's online payroll portal or maybe ask my employer for 2014 W2 or does it have to be the one they gave me specifically when i filed my taxes? If so i need to look for it again...

Wow, congratulations! Just a week after me. Better schedule medical soon. :) Best of luck!

Edited by maniput
Spoiler

xVozm5.png

s-event.pngs-event.pngs-event.png

USCIS

02/09/2015 - Husband mailed I-130 package to USCIS

02/11/2015 - NOA1 e-mail received, Vermont Service Center

02/20/2015 - NOA1 mail received

07/09/2015 - Approved! NOA2 e-mail received.

NVC

07/17/2015 - NVC received

08/06/2015 - Case number assigned, submitted DS-261 and paid AOS bill

08/15/2015 - Received welcome letter

08/15/2015 - Sent AOS & IV package

08/19/2015 - NVC received AOS & IV package (scan date)

08/21/2015 - Paid IV bill

08/24/2015 - submitted DS-260

09/04/2015 - Case Complete! (16 days after scan date)

09/10/2015 - Got interview date - Oct 27, 2015

09/14/2015 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail

Embassy

10/02/2015 - Medical done

10/27/2015 - Interview in Jakarta

10/27/2015 - Visa Approved! Praise the Lord :dancing:

10/28/2015 - CEAC status changed to issued

10/29/2015 - Visa in hand!

10/31/2015 - ELIS fee paid

11/26/2015 - POE : Washington, DC

12/23/2015 - Green Card in hand. Thank you Jesus! :star:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I-751 Timeline

10/26/2017 - Mailed out our ROC package to VSC

10/28/2017 - Delivered at VSC

10/30/2017 - NOA dated

11/13/2017 - Received NOA letter in mail

11/27/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter

12/04/2017 - Biometrics appointment

08/13/2018 - Received 18 months notice letter

12/18/2018 - New Card is being produced

12/27/2018 - Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you :)

As far as I'm aware, all embassies require kids who have their own visa application to be at the interview. I hear London is fairly laid back because the UK is not a high risk fraud country so I don't think they ill ask much, I expect whether they are excited to go and how well the get on with their stepdad.

What is a TST exam? We have just got up to date with our vaccinations ready for the medical and are now just waiting for an interview date so I can book the medicals. Apparently it's around 4-6weeks from CC to interview date in the UK so hoping I hear soon, I could do with as much notice as possible with having to book 3 of us in with the doctor and the travel with them all.

Do you have your interview date yet? I try to follow people's stories but my memory's just not that good haha x

Hi,

Yes, apparently Brazil is very laid back too. They usually just ask the kids if they're excited, but they are obliged to show up at the interview.

My interview is on November 6. It's kind of complicated because I work for a Brazilian company, but they sent me to work in a project in Turkey a bit after I sent my i-130. I came with my daughter. I preferred not say anything about moving to the US to my bosses because they shut down the business unit I was working at in Brazil and all my colleagues were fired. I still get paid in Brazil and all my obligations are there. If I refused to come to this project I probably would have lost my job. I have always been financially independent (my daughter is from my first marriage and before getting married again I didn't get any help), so it was really scary for me to be unemployed for the whole period I was applying for the CR-1.

The thing is, kids need to do a tuberculosis exam for the medical. It can be a TST (PPD) exam, in which they put a needle under the skin to check if they have Tuberculosis. The results take 72 hours. The problem is that the company that sells this exam in Brazil stopped producing it and you can't find it anywhere in the country. Another exam available is called IGRA, but this exam is very expensive (like 8x the price of the TST one) and it takes 10 days for the results. Since I am working in Turkey, I will need to take vacation to fly to Brazil to get all of this done and going 10 days in advance is simply not feasible.

So I talked to the doctor and she allowed me to do this exam in Turkey (luckily) but I think I will need to take my daughter to the paediatrician here just to get an exam request. But it's okay.

Honestly, if I get approved at the interview, the hardest thing will be to tell my bosses I'm quitting. I work in a big corporation and most of them are completely brainwashed thinking working for this company is the best thing that ever happened in their lives <_<

Edited by BRlove

Timeline

Congratulations rakhmanb and lbreal1! Glad to see a bunch of us February filers are getting interviews in early November!

Hopefully it will be a very happy week for all of us :luv:

Timeline

Well the lady on the phone didn't make it seem like they were doing much to look, just that it might show up. I am on hold with them right now, so I guess I will see what they say now.

I am hoping that maybe we can expedite once we do send in new documents if they don't find them, because their system lost them.

It shouldn't be hard for them to process emails...lots of companies have email support systems that process hundreds of thousands of emails without issue.

I don't know what to do really...I don't want our case messed up. If they have not found it soon I guess we are just resending and we just need to decide if we are doing mail or email.

Honestly, email should be easier to track if they had proper systems. But I guess it seems they don't. A lot of big companies do support by email and gets huge volumes of emails without issue. But I don't know what NVC uses. Thing is I believe so they are going to start pushing more countries to do email to reduce paperwork etc.

Yes, I honestly think you should let them find it - I'm sure they have it. You've already waited for so long. If you send the documents per regular mail they will probably reset your scan date all over again.

Have you thought about contacting your congressman or something like that?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

BRlove, on 10 Oct 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:BRlove, on 10 Oct 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:BRlove, on 10 Oct 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

Hi, Yes, apparently Brazil is very laid back too. They usually just ask the kids if they're excited, but they are obliged to show up at the interview. My interview is on November 6. It's kind of complicated because I work for a Brazilian company, but they sent me to work in a project in Turkey a bit after I sent my i-130. I came with my daughter. I preferred not say anything about moving to the US to my bosses because they shut down the business unit I was working at in Brazil and all my colleagues were fired. I still get paid in Brazil and all my obligations are there. If I refused to come to this project I probably would have lost my job. I have always been financially independent (my daughter is from my first marriage and before getting married again I didn't get any help), so it was really scary for me to be unemployed for the whole period I was applying for the CR-1. The thing is, kids need to do a tuberculosis exam for the medical. It can be a TST (PPD) exam, in which they put a needle under the skin to check if they have Tuberculosis. The results take 72 hours. The problem is that the company that sells this exam in Brazil stopped producing it and you can't find it anywhere in the country. Another exam available is called IGRA, but this exam is very expensive (like 8x the price of the TST one) and it takes 10 days for the results. Since I am working in Turkey, I will need to take vacation to fly to Brazil to get all of this done and going 10 days in advance is simply not feasible. So I talked to the doctor and she allowed me to do this exam in Turkey (luckily) but I think I will need to take my daughter to the paediatrician here just to get an exam request. But it's okay. Honestly, if I get approved at the interview, the hardest thing will be to tell my bosses I'm quitting. I work in a big corporation and most of them are completely brainwashed thinking working for this company is the best thing that ever happened in their lives...

Hi fellow February filers! I've been a long time lurker first time poster on this thread! Love the tips and encouragement on the thread! So much love! :). brlove and anyone else thinking of quitting, I just want to share my quit story. I also did not tell my job that I'm immigrating and I'm sure glad I didn't. I haven't got cc yet ( :( ) but I decided to quit my job because management hell in the office. Anyway the day I gave my resignation giving my 2 weeks they tried to kick me out a week early! I was shocked and so were my coworkers! Management pretty much was saying not only am I replaceable but what I do is so easy and my coworkers are going to take my responsibilities with no problem! This really took a toll to my self esteem. I'm in I.T. So this bull is not uncommon.Anyway I'm certain that if I told them I'm immigrating I would have got fired sooner. Actually getting fired from them wouldn't have been a bad idea but I didn't want to find another job only to quit again.

Edited by journadian

Timeline

Hi fellow February filers! I've been a long time lurker first time poster on this thread! Love the tips and encouragement on the thread! So much love! :). brlove and anyone else thinking of quitting, I just want to share my quit story. I also did not tell my job that I'm immigrating and I'm sure glad I didn't. I haven't got cc yet ( :( ) but I decided to quit my job because management hell in the office. Anyway the day I gave my resignation giving my 2 weeks they tried to kick me out a week early! I was shocked and so were my coworkers! Management pretty much was saying not only am I replaceable but what I do is so easy and my coworkers are going to take my responsibilities with no problem! This really took a toll to my self esteem. I'm in I.T. So this bull is not uncommon.Anyway I'm certain that if I told them I'm immigrating I would have got fired sooner. Actually getting fired from them wouldn't have been a bad idea but I didn't want to find another job only to quit again.

Hi journadian, welcome to our thread!

I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you'll get your CC soon and can find a better job close to where your spouse is.

This year has been hell for me, mostly because of this move. I got promoted when I came to Turkey, but my current management team is so bad... I have been working with this company for 7 years, and I was reasonably happy. I even had hopes of being transferred to the US. But ever since I got here work has been hell - it's very political and people throw each other under the bus every chance they get. It's not a place I feel comfortable spending 10 hours per day.

Honestly, right now all I want to do is to cut ties with them and get out of here as fast as I can. It's not going to be easy though. I doubt they'll pay my move back to Brazil or the US, so I will probably lose all my furniture and will need to pay to get my smaller things shipped there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello February filers. Hope by now we have all gotten our NOA 2. Are there still people at the USCIS stage waiting for NOA 2? If there are please let us know so we can continue to pray for you guys. A lot of us should now be getting CC's and interview dates. I pray that those who are waiting for CC and interview dates will get them this coming week in the name of Jesus. I pray for approval for those who are going for interviews next week. I wish you all a wonderful and blessed weekend.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Hello February filers. Hope by now we have all gotten our NOA 2. Are there still people at the USCIS stage waiting for NOA 2? If there are please let us know so we can continue to pray for you guys. A lot of us should now be getting CC's and interview dates. I pray that those who are waiting for CC and interview dates will get them this coming week in the name of Jesus. I pray for approval for those who are going for interviews next week. I wish you all a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Hi. Im a February filer. I got my second NOA July 23rd. My papers were received by NVC on August 7th. I filed Ds261 August 26th. After that we stop our journey for a while due to financial situation. In October 8th my wife paid the AOS fee and now we hope she has the money to pay IV by next week. And as soon as she paid the IV fee she will mail the package. I have seen people get their CC a month after scan date and a month an a half to get their interview. I just pray god we can be able to spend Christmas together. Happy to see many CC and Scheduled interviews.

Gods time is just perfect.

Hi there, we are still waiting on our approval, so we can move to NVC. Prayers are welcome. Hopefully this will be our week...

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi journadian, welcome to our thread!

I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you'll get your CC soon and can find a better job close to where your spouse is.

This year has been hell for me, mostly because of this move. I got promoted when I came to Turkey, but my current management team is so bad... I have been working with this company for 7 years, and I was reasonably happy. I even had hopes of being transferred to the US. But ever since I got here work has been hell - it's very political and people throw each other under the bus every chance they get. It's not a place I feel comfortable spending 10 hours per day.

Honestly, right now all I want to do is to cut ties with them and get out of here as fast as I can. It's not going to be easy though. I doubt they'll pay my move back to Brazil or the US, so I will probably lose all my furniture and will need to pay to get my smaller things shipped there.

Your situation is definitely more complicated then mine. I was worried the whole way through wondering how to do my resignation. I wish that they lay me off then I could get unemployment but there is no chance in hell they'd give me that. Definitely quit when you absolutely feel ready for it. I hope your company loves you more than what I experienced.

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

The NVC process was way easier and quicker than expected..! Thank God. Medical next week (22nd) and interview on the 3rd of November. Nervous. Super nervous. Good luck to everyone!

Much love,

Daniel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

The NVC process was way easier and quicker than expected..! Thank God. Medical next week (22nd) and interview on the 3rd of November. Nervous. Super nervous. Good luck to everyone!

Much love,

Daniel

Good luck with the medical exam and the interview :) That should be even easier! Let us know how the interview went and what questions did the officer ask :)

Again, best of luck and keep us posted! Xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.