mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did anyone send their AOS before their Iv? Or did you'll summit both at the same time?

If you can avoid sending it separately, that would be wise, since nvc recommends sending as one package to avoid delays.

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I sent my AOS and IV packet seperately. They will just hold the docoments until all are in to be reviewed together. I sent them a week apart i called today and they have both. Its just waiting for review now.

Thanks....

Timeline

My husband finally got the welcome letter in the mail. I called nvc about my DS-261 but they didn't review it :-( how did you guys got them to review it over the phone? We're so anxious to pay the IV and summit the required documents

Timeline

If you can avoid sending it separately, that would be wise, since nvc recommends sending as one package to avoid delays.

Thanks for the heads up, ill be wise and just wait ugh....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband finally got the welcome letter in the mail. I called nvc about my DS-261 but they didn't review it :-( how did you guys got them to review it over the phone? We're so anxious to pay the IV and summit the required documents

I took someone's advice on VJ about wording.. i said something like [i was hoping you could look at my agent of choice with me] or [i wanted to go over my agent of choice tonight,..hopefully with you] That is, I don't think I said can you review my 261.

I waited on the line until someone picked up. Now the option is 7 i believe, to speak to a knowledgeable rep who did not seem to be reading a script.

Call back until you get someone who will help you. Good luck!

Edited by jayisis

If you guys have any questions specifically for me,

I will be glad to help via private message.

01-22-15 - married (L)
02-09-15 - i130 sent
02-10-15 - i130 received
02-12-15 - i130 NOA1; scanned
02-23-15 - i129f NOA1; scanned
07-30-15 - i130 NOA2; approved, i129f RFE
08-07-15 - i129f response rec'd
08-10-15 - i130 sent/received by nvc
08-14-15 - i130 nvc scan
08-19-15 - i129 NOA2; approved
08-21-15 - case #, IIN, BIN assigned, 261 completed
08-24-15 - Paid for AOS fee (IN PROCESS)
08-25-15 - AOS Fee (PAID), DS-261 reviewed on phone, email added to system, Sent AOS/IV package(I-864EZ, '14/'13/'12 tax transcripts, most recent pay stub, birth/marriage/police clearance cert.'s, 2 passport photos, 2 front/2 back passport pages)
08-26-15 - Paid for IV fee (IN PROCESS), AOS/IV package SCAN DATE, rec'd first e-mail from nvc
08-27-15 - IV Fee (PAID), DS-260 Submitted
09-16-15 - CASE COMPLETE (21 days since documents' scan, 1 months 2 days since NVC scan date)
09-21-15 - P4 Interview letter received
10-01-15 - Medical @10am, Case "In Transit"
10-08-15 - OFC appt @430pm
10-13-15 - Immigrant Visa interview @1030am - VISA APPROVED

When you think that God's timing takes too long
God is good, just believe in His timing!!!

event.png
event.png
event.png
Interview steps: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview.html
Preparation for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare.html
Medical Examination: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html
Documents required for interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/interview-preparation-required-documents.html
After the interview: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/after.html
Mumbai's US consulate: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was waiting for the IV to be billed because we still are missing a document for AOS. After 3 weeks I called and I just told them my IV fee was still not invoiced maybe because my DS-261 had not been reviewed. And they offered to do it all on their own over the phone. But again it has been a bit of time for us.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Timeline

I was waiting for the IV to be billed because we still are missing a document for AOS. After 3 weeks I called and I just told them my IV fee was still not invoiced maybe because my DS-261 had not been reviewed. And they offered to do it all on their own over the phone. But again it has been a bit of time for us.

Thanks for responding.... Tomorrow will be a week for us. We'll give it a few days to a week to call back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

ok guys, last Friday i paid IV fee for my wife and as today still shows processing, but this week Wednesday i paid IV fees for my daughter and they show paid and i have access for DS-260, any opinion? should i keep waiting or give them a call?

Timeline

I took someone's advice on VJ about wording.. i said something like [i was hoping you could look at my agent of choice with me] or [i wanted to go over my agent of choice tonight,..hopefully with you] That is, I don't think I said can you review my 261.

I waited on the line until someone picked up. Now the option is 7 i believe, to speak to a knowledgeable rep who did not seem to be reading a script.

Call back until you get someone who will help you. Good luck!

Thanks for responding! When i called a few days ago i think i said i was calling to find out if our DS-261 was summitted correctly. They said l can see it was submitted but just waiting for it to be reviewed.

Hey guys so a bit of an update, my lawyer sent out the packet last tuesday to NVC i called NVC a few days ago and they said they still havent gotten our packet. You guys think they are just slow to get to our mail and put it in the system or it hasnt gotten to NVC yet? Was hoping they would have gotten it atleast by now so i wouldnt have to worry about it over the long weekend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey guys so a bit of an update, my lawyer sent out the packet last tuesday to NVC i called NVC a few days ago and they said they still havent gotten our packet. You guys think they are just slow to get to our mail and put it in the system or it hasnt gotten to NVC yet? Was hoping they would have gotten it atleast by now so i wouldnt have to worry about it over the long weekend.

I would give NVC a call, just to have peace of mind... :)

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just call later or call the 2nd day. First time when we called the lady told us that the case is locked and that she can't do anything to our case. She also told us to call the 2nd day, which we did. When the rep picked up the phone and I told him my case number he went directly for the DS-261 and reviewed right then and there without me even telling him why I was calling, which was pretty sweet.

Congrats BRlove & maniput!!!! So happy for you!

As an update from our side: we sent the AOS and IV packages yesterday with DHL Express. The packages should be there on Tuesday (we are sending them from Romania). I'm praying that everything is fine and we don't get a checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi BHSMama,

People here are right, it's a bit about the choice of words... but it's mostly about the rep you take - some are not in a good mood and could just not bother. So my advice would be for you to call many times a day. Always be kind and polite.

If for any reason someone say repeatedly that they can't do it because your case is locked or someone is working on it, come ask me and kamw and we tell you how to change that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok guys, last Friday i paid IV fee for my wife and as today still shows processing, but this week Wednesday i paid IV fees for my daughter and they show paid and i have access for DS-260, any opinion? should i keep waiting or give them a call?

The same happened to me and my daughter. The excuse for not giving CC to her as well is because they say they can't see her IV fee, even though it shows as PAID on CEAC's webpage and I finished her DS-260.

Can you take a screenshot of the transaction in which the money was taken from your account?

I recommend you call NVC with it on Tuesday and ask them what you can do next.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The same happened to me and my daughter. The excuse for not giving CC to her as well is because they say they can't see her IV fee, even though it shows as PAID on CEAC's webpage and I finished her DS-260.

Can you take a screenshot of the transaction in which the money was taken from your account?

I recommend you call NVC with it on Tuesday and ask them what you can do next.

I called them yesterday the lady said that is normal to take up to 7 working days, after i explain to her about my daughter she told me not to worry that it should appear by Wednesday, she also told me that they receive my package on august 28, do you know how long does it take to get a CC after they receive all the documentation? I'm hoping to have my family here before my job relocation on oct 31. :(:(

Edited by kmurcia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.