Derbo/Yamkins

CSPA for my sister?

10 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone!

I will be eligible to apply to become a USC by May 2015. I intend to petition for my mom (present in the US) as soon as I get approved. I have an unmarried sister in the Philippines who will turn 21 on April 2016. We plan to petition her once mom gets her GC.

Will she be covered by CSPA?

Can you give me an estimate timeline of this process?

Thank you.

CSPA is not for your sister. Siblings of USC (F4 visa for Philippines) takes at least 24 years to have a visa number.

Once your mom gets to the States, she can sponsor her daughter (daughter must not be married), F2B visa for Philippines takes at least 11 years.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Once you are eligible, it will be a few months before you can take the oath.

Once you become a US citizen, it will take about 6-12 months for your mom to become an LPR.

Your sister will most likely be 21 by the time your mom becomes an LPR.

That's sad to know. ? She'd be left in the Philippines by herself.

Can't I add her as my mom's kid/beneficiary when I petition mom?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's sad to know. ? She'd be left in the Philippines by herself.

Can't I add her as my mom's kid/beneficiary when I petition mom?

No. Derivatives are not allowed in the IR categories.

During those 10 years, can my sister be given a travel visa to, at least, see us? It's cheaper to fly her than to fly the whole US family to see her.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is doubtfull she will show enough ties to home to get a visa especially since your mother used a visitors visa to get residence in the US illegally. Had your mother obeyed the terms of her visa your sister might have a better chance

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

It is doubtfull she will show enough ties to home to get a visa especially since your mother used a visitors visa to get residence in the US illegally. Had your mother obeyed the terms of her visa your sister might have a better chance

My mom was falsely promised an employment sponsorship that resulted to her overstaying. She was wrongly advised to stay and wait. Basically, she was scammed of her money, time and opportunities.

Edited by Deren & Yamy

What happens if another type of visa is available for her? Example, employment (she's graduating Pharmacy school next year) or fiancée or marriage visa? A lot can happen in 10 years. What happens to our petition?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.