-Shana-

UK VJers Progress Update Thread

3,615 posts in this topic

Good morning! I am very happy to report that Tim's visa was approved this morning. Poor guy was so worried he could not sleep and ended up being the first person in line at the embassy this morning. He is traveling home on the train right now so I will get more details from him for a review. The CO told him that he should have his visa in about a week because they were processing them rather quickly right now. YEAH!!!! I guess I am going to be working on understanding all of the AOS paperwork for the next few weekends.

Thanks for all the help with this process. This site has saved us thousands of dollars and has provided new friends we will have for a lifetime.

Good morning! I am very happy to report that Tim's visa was approved this morning. Poor guy was so worried he could not sleep and ended up being the first person in line at the embassy this morning. He is traveling home on the train right now so I will get more details from him for a review. The CO told him that he should have his visa in about a week because they were processing them rather quickly right now. YEAH!!!! I guess I am going to be working on understanding all of the AOS paperwork for the next few weekends.

Thanks for all the help with this process. This site has saved us thousands of dollars and has provided new friends we will have for a lifetime.

Awesome! Congratulations! Hoping to be reporting the same next Friday ?

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Congratulations!

Naturalization Timeline

N-400 app submitted/received: August 22, 2020

Biometric reuse notification: October 22, 2020

Interview Scheduled: November 5, 2020

Interview Date: December 7, 2020 - SUCCESS!

Oath Ceremony mistakenly scheduled (then descheduled!): December 8, 2020

Oath Ceremony Scheduled: December 9, 2020

Scheduled Oath Ceremony: January 8, 2021

ROC Timeline

I-797/NOA 1: January 12, 2018

Biometrics appointment: February 22, 2018

18-month I-797: August 10 2018

AOS Timeline

NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765: November 9, 2015

Biometrics appointment: December 2, 2015

RFE for I-485: December 3, 2015

EAD card and approval notice received: February 16, 2016

2-year conditional Green Card received: March 26, 2016

K-1 Timeline
NOA 1: December 8, 2014
NOA 2: June, 2015

Packet 3 received: July, 2015
Medical: August 12, 2015
Packet 4 received: September 23, 2015
Interview: September 25, 2015
Visa received: October 2, 2015

For anyone interested in how my case is getting along, the NVC advisor I just spoke to said something curious. They said that it's logged in the system that the embassy and received everything they needed on September 10th. Considering I submitted my DS-160 and readiness back in Jul and attended my medical on August 12th (with the CEAC case status updating on August 18th - presumably the results getting there) that makes zero sense whatsoever.

I have a horrible feeling that they misplaced/didn't register my readiness being sent in until weeks after I had - a similar situation to Sunya and Tim.

Meh.

I feel your pain, I really do, as I was in a similar situation thinking it would never happen.

Has the status check page on the embassy website now lapsed past your original processing dates? Submitting another readiness might be an option; someone recommended me do that (although I didn't because almost the very next day I got my interview date). Are there likely to be any other complications perhaps with your processing? Medical? Circumstantial? Etc. Obviously don't have to state them here, just something to bear in mind.

The fact that you've been in email communication with the embassy and they haven't alerted any problems is a reassuring sign, in my view. It could be a case of your file sitting on a desk somewhere where someone has gone on holiday etc. I swear that happened to mine, can be no other reason in my mind only human tardiness. As we've seen, this process is not fair and individual timelines aren't always correlated.

If it's been six weeks since ALL your last relevant dates, shoot them another email with full details of your case and ask why the delay. My interview date came after 6 weeks of my readiness and 5 after my medical. Remember though, I'm the guy who never got packet 4 through the post so all I have is an email saying when and what time. I truly hope the guards let me in, especially as London seem non-responsive on the topic of reissuing another postal letter.

Hang in there, it WILL happen, but this process never seems to go as quickly as we'd all like. Good luck!

K-1 Process:

Spoiler
I-129F Filed: 2015-04-10
NoA1: 2015-04-14
NoA2: 2015-06-04
Case #: 2015-06-27
Packet 3: 2015-07-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2015-07-22
Medical: 2015-08-06
Packet 4: 2015-08-28
Interview: 2015-10-05 (Approved)
Visa in Hand: 2015-10-09
PoE: 2015-10-11 (Houston, TX)

AoS Process from K-1:

Spoiler
PoE: 2015-10-11 (Houston, TX)
SSA: 2015-10-27
Marriage: 2015-11-19
AoS/EAD/AP Filed: 2015-12-10
NoA1: 2015-12-14
Biometrics: 2016-01-11
NoA2: 2016-02-24 (EAD/AP Approval)
EAD/AP Received: 2016-02-29
AoS Approval: 2016-04-11 (No interview required)
NoA3: 2016-04-15 (AoS Approval)
GC Received: 2016-04-18
Eligible for ROC: 2018-01-11

RoC Process from AoS:

Spoiler

I-751 Filed: 2018-02-06

NOA1: 2018-02-09

NOA2: 2018-05-05 (Reusing biometrics)

NOA3: 2018-08-25 (18-m extension)

N-400 Eligible: 2019-01-11

NOA4: 2019-02-05 (Case transferred to NSC)

NOA5: 2019-04-24 (Approval, card in production)

GC Received: 2019-05-02

Citizenship:

N-400 Filed: 2019-05-11

NOA1: 2019-05-11

Biometrics: 2019-06-03
Interview: 2020-02-10 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: 2020-03-18 2020-06-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am now waiting impatiently for the visa to be printed. Checking CEAC it changed to non immigrant Friday and the status and creation date was updated Friday and the status update again today but it still stays Ready.

I feel your pain, I really do, as I was in a similar situation thinking it would never happen.

Has the status check page on the embassy website now lapsed past your original processing dates? Submitting another readiness might be an option; someone recommended me do that (although I didn't because almost the very next day I got my interview date). Are there likely to be any other complications perhaps with your processing? Medical? Circumstantial? Etc. Obviously don't have to state them here, just something to bear in mind.

The fact that you've been in email communication with the embassy and they haven't alerted any problems is a reassuring sign, in my view. It could be a case of your file sitting on a desk somewhere where someone has gone on holiday etc. I swear that happened to mine, can be no other reason in my mind only human tardiness. As we've seen, this process is not fair and individual timelines aren't always correlated.

If it's been six weeks since ALL your last relevant dates, shoot them another email with full details of your case and ask why the delay. My interview date came after 6 weeks of my readiness and 5 after my medical. Remember though, I'm the guy who never got packet 4 through the post so all I have is an email saying when and what time. I truly hope the guards let me in, especially as London seem non-responsive on the topic of reissuing another postal letter.

Hang in there, it WILL happen, but this process never seems to go as quickly as we'd all like. Good luck!

Yes it's well past the date on the embassy website you linked to. They have told me they have everything, as you say, so it seems I can do nothing more than wait.

This is the thing - I can think of literally nothing that would cause a delay in processing.

Interestingly, someone told me via DM that no new interview dates were scheduled last week. Staff holiday seems like perfectly valid potential reason to me.

Edited by swji89

Naturalization Timeline

ROC Timeline

AOS Timeline

K-1 Timeline

Hi swji89,

you think you have problems, I'm awaiting the packet 3 and I found out last Friday some random woman in a different part of London and with a completely different surname to mine received 2 x packet 3's, the trouble is my full petition was in one of the envelopes with her packet 3, you couldn't make it up could you! So I never got my packet 3 , called the embassy to inform them of the mistake and it's not classed as an emergency, told to use the email contact from, 5 days response time. :clock: Good luck though hope you get yours sorted out, this process is already hard, with problems like this from their end it makes it harder.

Edited by redstripe54

AndyR82

good luck with your petition, you will probably go to California, with the quickest approvals 14 days to a month, I've seen on here, unlike mine that went to Texas 183 days just for NOA2

The only good thing waiting for so long was that I was in Florida with her for 4 months out of the 6 month wait, I was lucky I could afford that, some people can't.

Regarding Texas they were back logged and because of complaints and pressure, started to transfer ALL the 129's to California form the end of March 2015, so things have gotten better, I think Iowa would have gone to California anyway. So you are lucky!!

To find out about Texas waiting times just search for the Texas filers forum and check time lines the average was 180 days.

Hi swji89,

you think you have problems, I'm awaiting the packet 3 and I found out last Friday some random woman in a different part of London and with a completely different surname to mine received 2 x packet 3's, the trouble is my full petition was in one of the envelopes with her packet 3, you couldn't make it up could you! So I never got my packet 3 , called the embassy to inform them of the mistake and it's not classed as an emergency, told to use the email contact from, 5 days response time. :clock: Good luck though hope you get yours sorted out, this process is already hard, with problems like this from their end it makes it harder.

With my objective hat on, the people at the embassy aren't superhuman so mistakes and delays and misplaced forms are bound to happen once in a while. However, when it is for something SO important, you'd think there would be better quality control in operation! However, not knowing how the office works there, it's hard to tell how or why these things happen. All the best with your case too, that's super annoying.

Naturalization Timeline

ROC Timeline

AOS Timeline

K-1 Timeline

:D

Recieved email :

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

itll be with me tomorrow :D

:D

Recieved email :

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

itll be with me tomorrow :D

Sweet news!!! I am hoping ours arrives as quickly as yours. Best of luck on your travels.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.