jfrankli512

Does e-mail to embassy cause CEAC Status update date change?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So I'm stuck in customs limbo for now, and basically trying to look at any indication about when I might get out...

(I've gotten a case complete and they've sent the package to the embassy, and it has to go through Chinese customs before my interview can be scheduled)

According to the CEAC Status page, my status is "Ready" (I already saw it transition from "At NVC" to "In Transit" to "Ready").

But according to the embassy, that means that NVC "uploaded" the case electronically, but my documents have not yet been received physically.

I've been using the CEAC Status tracking page to try and see when things might actually change, using the "Status Updated Date" as my guide. I've ready other posts that mention anytime they do somethign to my case, that date gets updated.

I've also been submitting an e-mail to the embassy every 1.5 weeks to ask about my case. So far it's just a boilerplate answer, they haven't received the physical case file and I need to wait.

Does anybody know if asking them about the case causes the CEAC Status date to change? Like, does them opening up my case to see nothing's changed cause the date to get updated? Or is it when actual meaningful events happen (like receiving my file and giving an interview date) that the date gets updated?

I'm sooooo tired of not knowing... Some places say I need to wait 2+ months, other places say 4+ months, and even other places say 6+ months...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Under the "Ready" what does it say? Ours says Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

Everyone has said that when it says Ready you can move forward with medical and etc.

Maybe in China it's a bit different. Have you tried calling them rather than email?

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My case also says ready, but we cant schedule our appointment until we get packet 3, its been a week since the embassy received my application and no sign of packet 3, my status update on ceac has said ready since 1/17/15 and now it says status updated on 1/26/15 I don't know what they updated it too it still says ready.

Timeline

I'm also stuck and today I've noticed at the CEAC that my status update "READY" has different dates. Now that you mentioned it , makes sense that they may change the status date, because I've also email the embassy to inquiry about my fiance's interview.

I just hope that it changes because they're actually doing something....

06 Oct 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

08 Oct 2014 -- I-129F Delivered to USCIS

14 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Received via Text/Email

17 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hard Copy Received

29 Oct 2014 -- NOA2 Received via Text/Email

01 Nov 2014 -- NOA2 Hard Copy Received

14 Nov 2014 -- NVC Case Number Received

18 Nov 2014 -- NVC Left to Consulate and received electronically by Consulate

25 Nov 2014-- P3 Received from Consulate

23 Dec 2014--P3 Sent to Consulate

30 Dec 2014-- P3 Consulate Received

04 Feb 2015-- P4 Received from Consulate

04 Feb 2015--Interview Scheduled

12 Feb 2015-- Interview!! APPROVED!!

04 March 2015--POE at LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

yea now that I looked at it the day that CEA replied to my email was 1/26/15 and that's the day it shows my status updated, but yea hopefully that's a good thing.

I'm also stuck and today I've noticed at the CEAC that my status update "READY" has different dates. Now that you mentioned it , makes sense that they may change the status date, because I've also email the embassy to inquiry about my fiance's interview.

Timeline

ya, sorry, you gotta wait.

how to know the IV Unit in Guangzhou has the physical casefile?

CEAC status changes to 'administrative processing' .

you keeping a running log , checked daily, on CEAC status, right?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Under the "Ready" what does it say? Ours says Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

Everyone has said that when it says Ready you can move forward with medical and etc.

Maybe in China it's a bit different. Have you tried calling them rather than email?

My case also says ready, but we cant schedule our appointment until we get packet 3, its been a week since the embassy received my application and no sign of packet 3, my status update on ceac has said ready since 1/17/15 and now it says status updated on 1/26/15 I don't know what they updated it too it still says ready.

yea now that I looked at it the day that CEA replied to my email was 1/26/15 and that's the day it shows my status updated, but yea hopefully that's a good thing.

Sorry guys, not really any of this is helpful to the OP as a) they're in China and b) they've applied for a spousal visa NOT a K1. Please note the forum you're replying in next time. Thanks :D

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

ya, sorry, you gotta wait.

how to know the IV Unit in Guangzhou has the physical casefile?

CEAC status changes to 'administrative processing' .

you keeping a running log , checked daily, on CEAC status, right?

Oh, I'm checking 5+ times a day...

I know it doesn't really do any good, especially since my daytime is their nighttime.

But it's really the only thing I can do to pass the time...

At least now I know to look for the change to "Administrative processing".

I heard the date might mean something, but someone else in this thread added that it changes for them whenever the embassy replies...

That's good to know too.

Timeline

uhm - usually a date-change is meaningful, even if the same status, status not change, but date change.

I ask you keep a running logbook of it all, then after she has visa packet in hand,

share what you can, maybe even make a nice graph thingie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Just to answer my own question:

I'm almost certain (99% sure) that asking a question to the embassy and getting a response changes that update date...

Three weeks and no change, but I ask for an update each week, and each time they respond my status update date changes...

Wish I could just go and hibernate for a while until this process is done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.